2012 Dozer JKU - this might take a while

JAGS

Hooked
Are yours faded greyish? How long does it last? I want something more permanent that im not going to have to redo weekly.

I wouldn't paint with bedliner though. That is rough and porous do dirt and such will stick to it, especially since it will be on top of a non flat surface.

There is also the heat gun trick to get them to turn black. Don't know anyone to try that, but have read about it online. 😉

devonn216

I wouldn't paint with bedliner though. That is rough and porous do dirt and such will stick to it, especially since it will be on top of a non flat surface.

There is also the heat gun trick to get them to turn black. Don't know anyone to try that, but have read about it online. 

Might take some elbow grease and a stiff bristle brush. Then just maintain them.

Thanks for the input fellas. I think ill try to clean them up again, and then go from there.

devonn216

Took some time today to make this Spiderweb Shade style deal! I got a 4x6 American flag, a pack of grommets, and a value pack of 8 bungie balls all from Lowed for $40 bucks. I used zip ties on the front and then pulled it tight and did the back corner grommets next. Ran the bungie balls under the seatbelt mount on the roll bar. Then I did a set of grommets and bungie balls right behind the sound bar, right in front of the sound bar, and mid way between the windshield and the sound bar. I'm very happy with it! I'll let yall know how it holds up over time.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435977722.032568.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435977740.593714.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435977751.842647.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435977763.635063.jpg

devonn216

Just sitting here at lunch thinking about what to do next on my jeep so I ordered something new! Can't wait for it to get here! Probably going to be the most beneficial upgrade for daily driving yet, or should I say nightly driving?

devonn216

The new package came in yesterday! It got here in two days! Trucklites! They only took about 5 minutes to install. It was the easiest install ever! Especially compared to swapping the headlights in my old WJ. I'm very happy but hopefully I'll get a chance to aim them and do some night driving tonight.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436439979.008913.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436439988.380330.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436439999.874650.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436440010.117310.jpg

The garage picture is in the middle of the day with the Jeep sitting just outside of the garage.

P1TBU11

Took some time today to make this Spiderweb Shade style deal! I got a 4x6 American flag, a pack of grommets, and a value pack of 8 bungie balls all from Lowed for $40 bucks. I used zip ties on the front and then pulled it tight and did the back corner grommets next. Ran the bungie balls under the seatbelt mount on the roll bar. Then I did a set of grommets and bungie balls right behind the sound bar, right in front of the sound bar, and mid way between the windshield and the sound bar. I'm very happy with it! I'll let yall know how it holds up over time.

View attachment 151877 View attachment 151879 View attachment 151881 View attachment 151882

That is awesome bro

devonn216

I haven't done much Jeep related things lately. I've been working on building a headboard out of pallet wood. Its almost done. I might post some pictures of it.

I did get a little something in the mail for the Jeep the other day. Ill post some pictures tonight. I also picked up some lube since its time for a oil change.

Hopefully I will be able to put on my new items, change the oil, and finish the headboard tonight. :yup:

I'm also moving to Raleigh this Friday/Saturday so I've been pretty busy.

JakeJK

Are yours faded greyish? How long does it last? I want something more permanent that im not going to have to redo weekly.

Back to black trim restorer, it seems to look good just have to reapply it sort of often, mines lasted 2 months but I park in the garage half the time ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437667820.768537.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437667849.623773.jpg

Front with restorer and back without.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

View attachment 151877 View attachment 151879 View attachment 151881 View attachment 151882

Okay, that really is badass right there - nice job!! :thumb:

Top Bottom