2012 Dozer JKU - this might take a while

devonn216

Why the factory top, If you already had the trek top?

Mainly because I just want to try out the stock top and the squared back look. I bought it used with the Trektop so I have never had the stock top before. Also, its the old original Trektop so it isn't as nice as the Trektop NX. Lastly, it leaks in several places and has a rip at the top corner by the passenger rear door.

Napalm

Mainly because I just want to try out the stock top and the squared back look. I bought it used with the Trektop so I have never had the stock top before. Also, its the old original Trektop so it isn't as nice as the Trektop NX. Lastly, it leaks in several places and has a rip at the top corner by the passenger rear door.

I understand how you feel. I went back and forth on this many times with Onyx! Can't wait to see it!

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
So I have been swamped with law school, and then I accepted a position to become an Apache pilot so I have been locked away in this little known Army school called Warrant Officer Candidate School. I graduate WOCS Wednesday and now I have some extra time and cash to blow before starting flight school in July. Where should I start??

Budget boost, lose the rear bumper and a nice new front bumper. Would change the look a lot and wouldn't set you back more than a grand. Then you have time to save up for a real suspension down the road.

devonn216

Budget boost, lose the rear bumper and a nice new front bumper. Would change the look a lot and wouldn't set you back more than a grand. Then you have time to save up for a real suspension down the road.

I haven't thought about doing a BB for the mean time, but that's not a horrible idea. I have been contemplating the AEV XT 2.5 or the AEV SC 3.5 or the EVO Enforcer 3 inch with Bilsteins. Choosing a lift is so hard. I haven't done it in about 5 years since I lifted my old WJ.

devonn216

Well here it is. Got a break in the rain and put on my new used stock soft top. I'm liking the look a lot! Plus it's so easy to work with!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463603861.649512.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463603871.167077.jpg

bonedaddy

yeah I love my sunrider... something about the square back just makes it look tougher... i think anyways...

looking good man!

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I haven't thought about doing a BB for the mean time, but that's not a horrible idea. I have been contemplating the AEV XT 2.5 or the AEV SC 3.5 or the EVO Enforcer 3 inch with Bilsteins. Choosing a lift is so hard. I haven't done it in about 5 years since I lifted my old WJ.

Between those three I'd rank them:

1) Evo Enforcer
2) AEV 2.5
3) AEV 3.5

The 3.5 uses drop brackets for the existing control arms which are junk and the 3.5 springs ride harsher than the 2.5 (according to Eddie anyway).

devonn216

Yeah I first was going to go with the Enforcer but then people at several different ships told me I should choose the AEV over it. So now I'm trying to figure it out. I guess that might just be what they are used to

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Yeah I first was going to go with the Enforcer but then people at several different ships told me I should choose the AEV over it. So now I'm trying to figure it out. I guess that might just be what they are used to

Shops are interested in whatever they make the most money on. Pay them for their labor, but not their opinions about what's best for your Jeep. :thumb:

devonn216

Got a break in the rain today and took a break from lift research to put on my Drake Off-road hood latches. Very stout and there will definitely be no more hood flutter for me.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463761798.832810.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463761811.884874.jpg

devonn216

Just placed a BIG order! Hopefully it will ship out quick! Also placed a small order for some Mopar touch up paint so I can finally trim my Rubi Rails and pinch seam.

devonn216

Is there anything else I should order with it? I feel like I'm for getting something. I'm going to hold off on a front DS and see what it looks like with the stock one.

swampdog

The EVO front lower shock relocation brackets if they are not included in your kit. The large diameter Rancho 9000s will rub your frame during heavy flex and the outboard shock mount will fix this.

It may be included in your kit, but I am not sure.

TennJK

Is there anything else I should order with it? I feel like I'm for getting something. I'm going to hold off on a front DS and see what it looks like with the stock one.

You should be alright for a while without the front DS. I got away with it for 6 months but I finally just put mine in. But the shock relocation brackets that swampdog was talking about are never a bad idea. Are you thinking about doing the EVO c gussets??

swampdog

You should be alright for a while without the front DS. I got away with it for 6 months but I finally just put mine in. But the shock relocation brackets that swampdog was talking about are never a bad idea. Are you thinking about doing the EVO c gussets??

^^Good one, forgot about gussets.

Top Bottom