Truck light headlights are yours bright?

desertracer222

I had a similar problem recently. Driving behind cars at dusk it almost seemed like one of the truck-lites was out. Long story short, I ended up having a bad set of lights. Sent an email to Truck-Lite with pictures and descriptions of my problems and received a set of replacements within a week.

The first picture is when I first realized I had one bad light, on the drivers side. I got a replacement for that and realized my passenger light was also dim, as you can see in the second picture. Truck-Lite was more then helpful in getting me replacements at no charge for both. Great customer service.

Attachments

• 20150525_201517.jpg
    20150525_201517.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 263
  • 20150603_180912_resized.jpg
    20150603_180912_resized.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 264

UNLIMITED_FUN

I didn't have the blueish dim issue, one of the sides was completely out and I had to dis connect and re connect the wiring harness.

This resolved this issue for me and it has not re occurred.

Last edited:
I had a similar problem recently. Driving behind cars at dusk it almost seemed like one of the truck-lites was out. Long story short, I ended up having a bad set of lights. Sent an email to Truck-Lite with pictures and descriptions of my problems and received a set of replacements within a week.

The first picture is when I first realized I had one bad light, on the drivers side. I got a replacement for that and realized my passenger light was also dim, as you can see in the second picture. Truck-Lite was more then helpful in getting me replacements at no charge for both. Great customer service.

Both my lights look like the dim one in your pictures. Have a blue almost purplish color to them.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436162056.406806.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436162100.090263.jpg

So the first pic is a with low beams and the second is the high beams. In the first pic you can really see how bluish purple the light is. Compare that to the bright white of the high beams????

Side note.... I did remove the drivers side light and checked the connections. Cleaned the dielectric grease with contact cleaner and tested the lights again. I also checked the adjustment 25 back 3 feet up. Everything looked good. Lights are still disappointing. I will be contacting truck light tomorrow.

JAGS

Hooked
View attachment 152316 View attachment 152317

So the first pic is a with low beams and the second is the high beams. In the first pic you can really see how bluish purple the light is. Compare that to the bright white of the high beams????

Side note.... I did remove the drivers side light and checked the connections. Cleaned the dielectric grease with contact cleaner and tested the lights again. I also checked the adjustment 25 back 3 feet up. Everything looked good. Lights are still disappointing. I will be contacting truck light tomorrow.

Looks like a possible issue with the light and not a "lack of brightness" generally speaking. Not sure how long you've had them, but I'd contact the vendor you bought them from about an exchange. If that doesn't work, maybe call trucklite direct??

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Woah, something doesn't look right there. As mentioned, the color isn't right. They should be outputting a bright, white light.

What's a little interesting is BOTH are doing it. Are they new? Sure they are genuine Trucklites?

Good luck and let us know what you find.

BigBoy

Made my adjustment and they are only mildly better. I too am noticing a purple color. Bought mine in January from Northridge when they had a back order issue. I am starting to wonder if there was some sort of quality control issue due to trying to fill backorders??😬. Sent an email to truck lite with inquiry.

Made my adjustment and they are only mildly better. I too am noticing a purple color. Bought mine in January from Northridge when they had a back order issue. I am starting to wonder if there was some sort of quality control issue due to trying to fill backorders??😬. Sent an email to truck lite with inquiry.

I sent an email to truck lite as well. I will update as soon as I hear back.

USMC Wrangler

View attachment 152316 View attachment 152317

Agreed, they don't look right. Here are mine I just received a couple weeks ago from Northridge's $399 deal with the harnesses.

Low beam...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436234928.444247.jpg

High...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436234985.502652.jpg

Jackal01

Interesting. One of the brand new Streamlight Survivor lights we use on the fire truck showed that exact color 2 nights ago. Even more intriguing that both are doing it. Survivor light is being fixed...I would contact who you bought them from.

Out of curiosity, when did you buy your set?

I ordered them a coupe weeks ago. Installed them a week ago. I did get confirmation from truck lite that they are in fact bad. I bought them off Amazon. I contacted the seller and am awaiting a reply.

BigBoy

I ordered them a coupe weeks ago. Installed them a week ago. I did get confirmation from truck lite that they are in fact bad. I bought them off Amazon. I contacted the seller and am awaiting a reply.

Truck lite confirmed mine as well. Sending them back once I get them pulled off the Jeep.

JAGS

Hooked
Looks like you guys are on your way to replacements. Will be good to get a reassessment after you get a non-faulty pair. :yup: QC issues happen. The better companies see that you get taken care of. Had this been someone else, they may have blamed on installer error.

BigBoy

Looks like you guys are on your way to replacements. Will be good to get a reassessment after you get a non-faulty pair. :yup: QC issues happen. The better companies see that you get taken care of. Had this been someone else, they may have blamed on installer error.

Honestly, dim as they are, it was still an improvement over stock. I chalked it up to the way cameras expose lights at night to them not looking like the images I had seen online. Had someone not posted the up close purple defective one vs the good bright white ones, I would have just lived with them as is. Pretty happy they are going to warranty them and can't wait to see what a good set can really do!!

devonn216

Really?? Well, if you really think they are almost worse, I have to wonder if you're not getting enough voltage to the lights. I would try removing the anti-flicker modules and see if that makes a difference.

Do you run the anti-flickers on yours?

BigBoy

Got my replacements today and just finished the install. Mine were definitely not working properly.

Old:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436496352.180171.jpg

New:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436496404.881012.jpg

Kind of hard to see in the daylight still, but there is a definite purple tint on the old ones. Can't wait for it to get dark!

Big thanks to Truck Lite to reacting so positive to my inquiry.

I guess next time I won't ASSUME my brand new lights aren't possibly defective if feeling underwhelmed. 😉

Top Bottom