Shark "Tank"

WJCO

Meme King
Hey Sharkey, is there any way to mount those solar panels to the top of the hardtop?

I knew someone who mounted one on a pop up camper with a lazy susan and some rubber bushings. Rubber bushings were so glass didn't crack going down the raod and lazy susan allowed him to spin it to follow sun orientation once he got set up. It also propped up on one side for angling. Cool little setup he had.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Hey Sharkey, is there any way to mount those solar panels to the top of the hardtop?

If I was going to do a fixed mount like that I would use a rigid panel. It would be much easier to do than with these fold-ups.

Really though, you would lose some efficiency from not being able to angle the panels toward the sun and you would also lose the ability to set up a functioning base camp and then go exploring.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I knew someone who mounted one on a pop up camper with a lazy susan and some rubber bushings. Rubber bushings were so glass didn't crack going down the raod and lazy susan allowed him to spin it to follow sun orientation once he got set up. It also propped up on one side for angling. Cool little setup he had.

That would be a pretty good way to do it.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Took my son and two of his friends to play air soft with some local group. The upside is I get to relax in the hammock while they run around shooting each other.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453666681.840517.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
Shark tank officially on dirt it appears. [emoji106][emoji106] Did you put your ARB on sliders? Home made or the ARB one? Maybe just missed if you already posted.

JAGS

Hooked
No fridge slide. My deck is low enough that I can open it up and get stuff out without a slide.

Huh, guess that's another plus of your design. [emoji106][emoji106] Would you foresee any complications with a square back soft top? I can't think of any, but thought I'd ask.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Huh, guess that's another plus of your design. [emoji106][emoji106] Would you foresee any complications with a square back soft top? I can't think of any, but thought I'd ask.

Definitely not with the OEM. I'm not sure about a slant back trektop though. I need to try one out because I'm looking to buy something in the spring.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Doing some random searching on the web and came across this. Probably a little pricey but still pretty cool

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454564430.952097.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Agreed. If I knew how to weld and had the ability to bend steel I'd make my own bottle jack topper. Seems like all of the ones I'm finding online are $40 or more.

Sharkey, can you weld? If so, you can buy a leaf spring saddle that would fit on the axle (same diameter as yours). Then weld tube steel to the bottom to accommodate your bottle jack. Something like this with some fabrication. You might find these cheaper around a local trailer store or something.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moser-Eng-7...ash=item2c908c7a45:g:30YAAOSwPhdVAHCo&vxp=mtr

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Sharkey, can you weld? If so, you can buy a leaf spring saddle that would fit on the axle (same diameter as yours). Then weld tube steel to the bottom to accommodate your bottle jack. Something like this with some fabrication. You might find these cheaper around a local trailer store or something.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moser-Eng-7...ash=item2c908c7a45:g:30YAAOSwPhdVAHCo&vxp=mtr

Unfortunately, no. (re-read the post of mine you quoted ;) ) It's on my todo list of things to learn if I actually had some spare time. So far it hasn't happened though.

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Unfortunately, no. (re-read the post of mine you quoted ;) ) It's on my todo list of things to learn if I actually had some spare time. For far it hasn't happened though.

If I can find those hangers, and it works out well, I will make you one for your bottle jack as I want to make my own :thumb:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
My good friends Eddie and Cindy just surprised me with my new favorite "mod" for Sharktank.

So cool...thank you again my friends.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455151003.368134.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455151025.587390.jpg

Top Bottom