Granite Rubicon Build

Havoc40

Thanks guys! It's coming along...getting anxious to bolt them slabs on!!

Haven't had much time to do anything this week. Work has been insane! Hopefully I'll be able to put some long hours in this weekend. I wanted to have the skins and sliders mounted this week so I could tackle the front axle shafts, gussets, and Prosteer's this weekend. We'll see how far I get. My plan is to have the coilovers on next weekend.

Havoc40

Burned on the gussets and lower control arm skids. Also installed the Dynatrac Prosteers and Ten Factory axle shafts. All I have to do is burn on the sliders and next weekend will be the coilovers :wings:

20151003_224130.jpg

Last edited:

Havoc40

Finally welded the sliders on tonight. I aligned and tacked them on the ground with a floor jack, then finished on the hoist. Happy with the low angle. I have too many vertically challenged people and work customers getting in my Jeep...so figured the step was a smarter idea.

Coilovers are going on this weekend!!

IMG_2983.jpg

IMG_2988.jpg

20151008_212619.jpg

Last edited:

Havoc40

Fronts are about done. Finished the brackets on the driver side. Just waiting on some paint to dry. Tomorrow going finish mounting the driver side, sway links, drag link flip, and lower control arms. Then on to the rear :)

20151010_000518.jpg

Havoc40

Thanks for the kind words guys!! Been a long time coming to be able to do this.

Unfortunately, I had a machine go down this morning at work that I had to go in and fix. So I didn't get as much accomplished as I had planned...shit happens. I did finish up the front, rear rock stars are on, upper strengthening brackets are in, and started on the rear track bar bracket. Hopefully tomorrow I can wrap it up. Not rushing it though.

20151010_175842.jpg

Last edited:

Havoc40

Burning the midnight oil...but she's back on the road. Drives awesome! Still have to get everything dialed in. Caster was sitting right at 4.5* after a few trips around the block. By the time I got home from the shop, I was amazed at how much it had settled. I'll get it twisted up with the hi-lo sometime this week.

20151012_000815.jpg

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Burning the midnight oil...but she's back on the road. Drives awesome! Still have to get everything dialed in. Caster was sitting right at 4.5* after a few trips around the block. By the time I got home from the shop, I was amazed at how much it had settled. I'll get it twisted up with the hi-lo sometime this week.

Holy shit your JK looks awesome! Inspiration for mine for sure!

Sessoms14X

View attachment 169037

I'm right with ya Ty!

Love this rig man. Hope ya don't mind having a twin someday cuz this is my dream rig! Can't wait for ya to upload some more pics :thumbup:

Havoc40

Thanks Ty! I've been following your build for awhile too. Love the way black wheels sets off the granite.

It's so nice! Congratulations! [emoji106]

Thank you! I'm very happy with it

I'm right with ya Ty!

Love this rig man. Hope ya don't mind having a twin someday cuz this is my dream rig! Can't wait for ya to upload some more pics :thumbup:

Thank you! I'm cool with having a twin :)

Top Bottom