Calico run - october 17, 2015

JK LYF

I would like to get in on this. But what are you running, as my jeep can be a little wide?

Hey partner, thank you for the response. You should stop by the "Give us a Wave" section and introduce yourself to the Wayalife family. Tell us a little about yourself and your rig?

JK LYF

Please add me as a maybe for the Calico run.

Hi scottkathyrubi. Thanks for the response and will definitely add you as a maybe for the run! Can you tell us where your coming from? Maybe introduce yourself to the Wayalife family at the "Give Us A Wave" section!

JK LYF

calico run - saturday, october 17. There is plenty of time to get your rig ready and clear your schedule! The weather should be cool enough to enjoy the trails...it will be a great run to bring the wife and kids as there are some great sight seeing spots, along with some fun trails. We will take our time, make sure everyone gets through, eat lunch on the trail...(bring water and lunch), and do some sightseeing along the way....updates as we get closer....if interested, let me know and i will add your name.....

Rich

update:

meeting location: calico rd. / doran scenic dr. Coordinates: N34 56.383 w116 51.528 (odessa canyon - doran/odessa loop)

time: 8:30am

cb channel: 16

between 8:30 and 9:30 - air down, disconnect, driver meeting & lined up! (there are several places to gas up nearby barstow before arriving).....the trail is approximately 10 miles and will take about half day (depending on the number of rigs, lunch and checking out some of the mines).

We will encounter large boulders and embedded rock so i have added the following.....

requirements:

front and rear recovery (tow) points

recommended

rock sliders (rails)
winch
cb

for those that are interested in seeing what the trail looks like, i have submitted a video from eddie & project jk......enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofuxxdq1dvm

going
jk lyf
joe
shawn
mo0s3 (+3 rigs)
al bundy (+1 rig)
crystaliner
coriej
backbone

maybees
peak
bitbucket
jesse3638

original post has been updated......

Last edited:

Peak

Looks like I will be able to get some parts on before this run. Can you add me to the going list!

Al Bundy

Ok im scared now. Lol. I have no rock.sliders. uho. Need to hunt some down before the trip. That's going to be a challenge for me since I'm a newbie

mo0s3

Ok im scared now. Lol. I have no rock.sliders. uho. Need to hunt some down before the trip. That's going to be a challenge for me since I'm a newbie

Go to genrite.com and buy the Rubi rails for $80 and you'll be rocking 😊
They are in the sale section

JK LYF

As we gear up for the Calico run in October, interested to know who has taken on the Calico gatekeeper? It seems just about everyone who has, (watching videos) has sustained some type of body damage. I would like to see any pics or videos if you have em. !

Top Bottom