Hinrichs 2.0

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Just now saw this and all I can say is WOW! Great job :thumb:

Thanks Eddie, it was sure a learning process for these doors, but I think I have it figured out for the most part. I have to say tho, after wrapping some of the trim in my Audi....a painted surface is 10x easier to do than these doors due to the slight texture. I plan to have them painted the end of this year if I like them enough.

Your rig is looking awesome. Those doors came out sexy. Definitely one of my favorite builds here on the forum. Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks !

Looks sharp! Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks ! I am happy with them so far.

Looks good. :thumb:

Thanks !

Jeep looks great! That's disappointing to read that the Bestop uppers didn't work.

Sorry again that the uppers didn't work yesterday. I was really hoping they would for you

The bestop issue really surprised me honestly, since well, they look damn near the same design. I was thinking on the way home from visiting cozdude that I could prolly modify the posts to make the uppers fit, but that defeats the purpose.

Those came out great! Need some stickers now.

I have been thinking about what I could run, but no real ideas yet. A guy that works for my company can cut vinyl for me, so I may have to bribe him into making me some if I can get some files from diff manufactures and such like eddie runs on his.

Those doors look great! Nice job on the vinyl.

Thanks, its sure a learning process for it, but not too hard.

Looking good...match looks spot on...Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks, I am glad that I finally washed the jeep and did another test fit. I am much happier with the doors now than I was last time I threw them on.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Finally ordered front upper windows for the half doors, amazon had them for $292 with free shipping. Waiting to find a decent deal on the rears before I decide to buy them.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Eddie, it was sure a learning process for these doors, but I think I have it figured out for the most part. I have to say tho, after wrapping some of the trim in my Audi....a painted surface is 10x easier to do than these doors due to the slight texture. I plan to have them painted the end of this year if I like them enough.

Interesting! I hadn't even thought about the textured surface potentially being an issue but I could totally see that.

Finally ordered front upper windows for the half doors, amazon had them for $292 with free shipping. Waiting to find a decent deal on the rears before I decide to buy them.

That's not a bad deal at all :thumb:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I didnt think it would make a difference either, but its just enough of a slight texture to be a pain. Mainly around the door hinges and also the dumb little pocket for the sticker, which I wouldnt mind finding actually just to help that stick down but I dont even know how to get ahold of omix-ada to see if I can purchase some.

I think the vinyl will be decent this year, then in the fall I plan to just get the doors painted if I like them enough.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
It's looking good. I'm really liking the doors.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I am happy with them for the most part, still wish I had oem tho....I am and idiot for selling the front pair that I had

Looks good [emoji1303]

Thanks

Well I wasn't sure if I was going to order them, but figure why not, and I ordered the rear windows. Part of me wanted to just say screw it and not have them, since no one ever sits in the back anyway, but that idea seemed kinda dumb to not just have all the windows and only the fronts. I still need to work on the drivers window since I get a lot of wind noise and it doesnt seem like I can get the front edge to sit correctly but I will mess with that more eventually.

Recurve

I am happy with them for the most part, still wish I had oem tho....I am and idiot for selling the front pair that I had

Thanks

Well I wasn't sure if I was going to order them, but figure why not, and I ordered the rear windows. Part of me wanted to just say screw it and not have them, since no one ever sits in the back anyway, but that idea seemed kinda dumb to not just have all the windows and only the fronts. I still need to work on the drivers window since I get a lot of wind noise and it doesnt seem like I can get the front edge to sit correctly but I will mess with that more eventually.

I would expect some wind noise with soft uppers. It's deff not going to be the same as full sealed doors.
Yeah , you have to get the whole matching set! [emoji23]

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Went to rear fit the rear uppers tonight when I got home, sadly I am missing the adjustment collars for the posts and also the driver side has a line in the window and all not clear

IMG_7857.jpg
IMG_7858.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Sucks the rear window came like that. Just send it back and get a new one

I called right away, they are working on getting me the missing parts and a new window. Just hope its a fast turn around

Sorry to hear that. That blows.

Yeah I was very disappointed thats for sure. Really made my already shitty day better :rolleyes2:

Just turn up the stereo...but definitely send back a defective upper...

Lol I think I can get the windows to seal better with more time working on the window frames and really adjusting the lowers to be perfect.

The big decision I will be making soon is getting them painted. The vinyl does look good, but I am having a lot of issues with it peeling on the edges of the doors. I know I didn't do that great of a job on the first door, but its all of them I have noticed and they are just sitting in the house which I know will just get worse when I actually run the doors on the jeep. If I have some time I am going to strip the worst door and bring it along with me so I can stop at the body shop who painted my oem doors. They are a little more money than most shops but do very good work.

Recurve

Sucks about the window, sucks about the vinyl lol. I'm sure you will get it all straighten out soon. It's still winter time so it's not like half door weather right now anyways

Top Bottom