15 Anvil JKUR HR Build

Heholua

Gotcha. I'm assuming you've heard the same things such as noise, squeaking etc?

Precisely, I have read where people have taken the windshield mounts off the OEM cage and weld them to the PSC cage. For that kind of money, I would not want modify it.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Finally got the Jeep out to flex everything out and look for any issues. First stuffed up the front driver. Everything looked good. No issues with brake lines, track bar, wiring, etc. little contact on the fender flares but no biggie. But when I went to stuff the front passenger I heard and felt something bind up. Found there's a clearance issue between the front driveline and the JCR skidplate. Shitty. I'm gonna post that up in another thread to see if anyone has had the same issues or can offer guidance. Anyhow, basically just turned around and came home after that issue was found.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462741812.811065.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462741861.405172.jpg

Brute

Hooked
Poison spider is made in China. Rockhard is made here.

Poison Spyder Customs is manufactured in the USA in CA or at least it used to be...however, it was acquired about a year ago by Transamerica Auto Parts...they stressed that they were going to continue to manufacture in the USA at the press release at the time of acquisition, but I'm not sure if that is still the case.

I have a PS trail cage; purchased before the aquisition...I choose it due to the strength of their joins vs other brands; in compression and tensile strength, it was the strongest. 2ndly, the A pillar support is welded to the dash bar, not just relying on a right angle bend of the plate to support the weight of the roof in the event of a roll over.

Are there noise issues with this cage?...absolutely, and it drove me crazy for awhile until I could resolve it. The main issue was wind noise being generated by the freedom panel not closing snugly to the windshield due to the panel peg placement in the hole in the top tube. I was finally able to resolve this by slotting the hole so the panel could be snugged up to the windshield

Brute

Hooked
That is incorrect. Only thing still made in California is bumpers, for a short time longer.

I contacted Poison Spyder...they were emphatic that their products are still built in the USA in Banning, CA...and even sent me pics of their facility showing where the various products were being fabricated...needless to say, they were offended by the notion that their products were being made in China. It's good to know that they were not pressured by TMG to have production shifted to China

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
New gears are in and what a difference that made. Didn't really realize what a turd my jeep had become with the 37's. But now I have what I'm pretty sure is a front driveline vibe up around 50 mph. Gonna pull it tomorrow to make sure. If that's the case I'll check balance on the shaft. Pretty much out of adjustment on pinion angle as I'm at about 3 and 3 caster and pinion. Guess I could go a hair more but don't really want to. Any other suggestions are welcomed.

bones37

What a great build so far. I love Anvil and that would likely be my next color if I ever bought another.

cartertripp

Did you install a PA system with a amplified speaker using your cobra? I'm trying to figure out the best speaker option

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
While playing up at Fordyce last weekend, I noticed I had a real slight rub at the pinch seam, so today I installed a set of JKS adjustable rear lower control arms. I had previously installed adjustable uppers to set pinion angle. I moved the axle about 1/2" back so everything should clear better now. I'll have to flex it all out to make sure the track bar still clears but I don't think there will be an issue. The new arms really dwarf the stock ones.
IMG_1476575448.008784.jpg

I've also had a pull to the left since I installed the suspension. Alignment was all good so I did a little more digging. When I did the suspension I installed a Fox steering stabilizer. Found that to be the culprit. Pulled it off and reinstalled the stock one. Jeep drives straight as an arrow now. :thumb: And while I was out there I went ahead and rotated the tires as well. So overall it was a pretty successful day of wrenching on the jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom