15 Anvil JKUR HR Build

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Not been a lot going on with the jeep lately. Waiting on ProGrips and tie rod parts. But I did install some LED interior lights today. Should make finding shit I drop between the seats a little easier.

Factory lights
IMG_0412.jpg

LED is much brighter and a nice white light.
IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Looks really good. What led lights did you use for the interior?

I used the premium 8000k LED's from Precision LED. I'm sure you could find them cheaper if you shop around. But these don't flicker or anything. Went out there tonight and opened the door and it's a huge difference. It's like daylight in there.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Got some time to work on the jeep today. Was able to get the Dynatrac ProGrips installed. I also went ahead and did rear axle shafts while I was in there. My stock ones were fine but wanted to get chromoly's in and have a set of trail spares. So far I'm pretty impressed with the brakes. The Jeep now stops like it used to and doesn't nose dive anymore. Should get even better when they break in.

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

And of course a fresh keg of Lagunitas made this job that much more enjoyable.

IMG_0470.jpg

With all this snow in the Sierras I dunno when we'll be able to wheel up there again. But can't wait for things to start thawing out. We're heading to Tahoe this weekend for the wife's birthday so hopefully we can get some snow driving in. Gonna be pretty tame due to having a 3-month old now.

So I've got my tie rod built up and ready for install but I'm waiting on a reamer for that to go in. Also have a set of stainless extended brake lines on the way so I can ditch the JKS relocation brackets. Next up is either going to be the PSC steering gear or a set of spare driveshafts. Haven't made up my mind yet so I'm open to opinions between the two or even something else instead.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Got my tie rod all built up. Used the parts from RuffStuff and an ordinary tube clamp for 1.5 DOM for the stabilizer, just welded a stud to it. And FYI a 1/2" bolt will not fit through the OEM stabilizer bushing. I made the mistake of not checking fitment first so I had to cut the first stud back off and weld the metric stud on. We'll see how it all holds up.
IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0567.jpg

rl206

Just got caught up on your thread. Sweet rig!
I am in the middle of a slow kegerator build too! I have a tower kit but am undecided on the fridge/freezer itself...

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Just got caught up on your thread. Sweet rig!
I am in the middle of a slow kegerator build too! I have a tower kit but am undecided on the fridge/freezer itself...

Thanks. For my kegerator I just used the edge star kit so the fridge already has a hole. But there was a lot that needed to be done to make it pour well. Lots of copper in the tower, and a couple circulation fans, one for the tower itself. And make sure you get enough beer line for the pressure you're running. I think I'm running 10 feet.

You're from Naches? I grew up in Yakima.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Got my tie rod all built up. Used the parts from RuffStuff and an ordinary tube clamp for 1.5 DOM for the stabilizer, just welded a stud to it. And FYI a 1/2" bolt will not fit through the OEM stabilizer bushing. I made the mistake of not checking fitment first so I had to cut the first stud back off and weld the metric stud on. We'll see how it all holds up.

I had completely missed this before. Nice job :thumb:

rl206

Thanks. For my kegerator I just used the edge star kit so the fridge already has a hole. But there was a lot that needed to be done to make it pour well. Lots of copper in the tower, and a couple circulation fans, one for the tower itself. And make sure you get enough beer line for the pressure you're running. I think I'm running 10 feet.

You're from Naches? I grew up in Yakima.

Haven't came across edge star yet, I'll look it up. Youre running fans huh? I definitely have more research to do.
I'm not from Naches but I am up there a hell of a lot! I'm from Walla Walla.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Haven't came across edge star yet, I'll look it up. Youre running fans huh? I definitely have more research to do.
I'm not from Naches but I am up there a hell of a lot! I'm from Walla Walla.

Ah, gotcha. Yea the edgestar is sub-par out of the box but it works pretty good for me now. I have a 1" copper pipe going up in the tower to transfer the cool air from the fridge box. I also put a tee on the end of the pipe, ran the beer line through one hole and routed a fan discharge through the other. Keeps the tower nice and cool to reduce foam. In addition I have a computer fan in the bottom at a 45 that blows back against the cold plate for circulation. Pours perfect 38 degree beers now.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Finally got around to installing my extended stainless brake lines. Had relocation brackets and factory lines prior. Went pretty smoothly. I'm guessing this is how the front lines should be routed?

IMG_0750.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks. I found a few pictures online as well that showed the routing. Couple of them looked like a pretty familiar jeep.

LOL!! Well if the familiar Jeep in question was one that I'd be familiar with too, I hope it was setup a clean as yours :crazyeyes: :D

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I recently installed a tie rod from ruffstuff and was skeptical about the TRE boots from the get-go. They didn't fit well, were pretty flat and wouldn't seal well on the body of the rod end. I ran them for a bit but they've been spitting grease and I'm not about to keep greasing that often. I got a set of boots from Energy Suspension and they fit much better. Have a good tight seal now so hopefully that'll cure the problem.

Here's the comparison between the two.
IMG_0759.jpg

Hard to tell from this picture but the ones provided with the rod ends left a pretty sizable gap between the boot and the body.
IMG_0760.jpg

And here's the fit if the new ones. Energy Suspension PN 9.13119G
IMG_0761.jpg

Top Bottom