Finally.... A forum that isn't filled with pricks / Southwest PA

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Welcome to Wayalife. So, I'll ask. Why? If it's just because you like the monster truck look or intend to make a bogger then more power to you. It's your Jeep, build it how you want. I am honestly curious because I know for certain that a Jeep that tall would be downright scary on most of the trails I see.

JKLifestyle

Welcome to Wayalife. So, I'll ask. Why? If it's just because you like the monster truck look or intend to make a bogger then more power to you. It's your Jeep, build it how you want. I am honestly curious because I know for certain that a Jeep that tall would be downright scary on most of the trails I see.

Whatsup Sharkey,

Ya know I don't have a mind blowing answer....I guess I could come back with "why not?" As I stated in my initial post, This was a project I decided to take on while I was healing from an accident. Instead of sitting in the house for months on end watching TV, I decided I might as well get into something to occupy my time. At the time I had never seen a Jeep JK with that much lift....so... I decided I was going to build one. You are 100% correct, a jeep with this much lift isn't feasible for trail wheeling... It would tip over in a heart beat. My YJ and TJ with 3 inch and 6 inch were much more trail friendly than my JK is right now. I'm sure I wont leave 8 inches on it forever. I was able to build it, so taking it back down a couple inches will take a couple hours and I'll be geared more for trails again. With the set up i'm running now I can pull the coil spacers, make some UCA / LCA and t-bar adjustments and I'm back to 6 inches. Yeah man... so there's my answer as to why... just for shits and gigs and to see what all it would take to make it happen. It was a fun/ educational build.

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Nothing wrong with that answer. Like I said, your Jeep, your build. The important thing is you recognize the limitations of the build and are not pretending that your Jeep is something that it is not.

Now, if you want to see the polar opposite of that, google Cop4x4's Krakken (or whatever the hell he called it.) I was on a run with it in Moab back in 2012, and I was seriously scared for the driver most of the time. That thing had no business at all being anywhere near tilted dirt.

Jk909

So long as you're happy with it then good for you. That's the great thing about jeeps. We've all customized ours to our own liking. Welcome to wayalife and thank you for your service

t8er

Nothing wrong with that answer. Like I said, your Jeep, your build. The important thing is you recognize the limitations of the build and are not pretending that your Jeep is something that it is not.

Now, if you want to see the polar opposite of that, google Cop4x4's Krakken (or whatever the hell he called it.) I was on a run with it in Moab back in 2012, and I was seriously scared for the driver most of the time. That thing had no business at all being anywhere near tilted dirt.

Hey the spec list on the Kraken is impressive. All smittybuilt bumpers and sliders and teraflex long arms. All expenses were spared on it except for the tires. [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

JKLifestyle

Holy hell!! I just watched some videos on youtube... yeah... I can just pull the pucks and get back to a common JK lift height..... Krakken... he's not coming back from that. Okay, so after watching some videos of it driving around a parking lot, I have to ask since you've seen it in person... how did it do at Moab? was he able to do anything besides drive straight up a hill?

But as you said, and I agree.... to each their own.... his Jeep, his build. So long as he is happy and enjoys it. more importantly though, and you said it best.... realizes its capabilities and doesn't think it's something that it's not.

Top Bottom