Funny or Strange Jeep Compliments

Had to go to the stealership today to pick up a few parts. Before I could even get out of my ride, here's 3 salesmen with cameras in hand wanting to take pics, lmao. Have to admit it went way better than the last dealership I went to. The salesman there asked if I was there to trade it in. Without skipping a beat I said "sure!, but you won't have a job at the end of the day." He asked why and I told him it would cost him 2 new ones to get his hands on mine and his boss probably wouldn't be too happy about it, lmao

Dune Crawler

Usually while mall crawling and hitting my local bar, I get random girls that jump in the jeep when the doors are off and take pics. Gets better when I start the jeep from inside and see them stumble out of it lol. Usually get asked if I can take one offroading and I am always more than happy to do it.
Also I received a fake citation from the mall security for expired meter and he wrote down on the description "hummer" only yo cross it out and write JEEP after he saw the badge lol.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

The part about turning it on while inside and seeing them stumble to get out was a pretty smart idea haha

Life's a beach

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
now i need 37's

i was at the local WAWA filling up and i had these guy chowing down on a hoagie come over and say "Rad jeep man! rad jeep! are those 32's?":grayno::doh:

looks like i need 37's now since my 35's look like 32's :cheesy:

Ldogg

i was at the local WAWA filling up and i had these guy chowing down on a hoagie come over and say "Rad jeep man! rad jeep! are those 32's?":grayno::doh:

looks like i need 37's now since my 35's look like 32's :cheesy:

Hahahaha nice. There not even close!

Ldogg

I have had several now that my 2door is lifted and on 35's.

I was at autozone getting a couple things and when I was leaving a young kid about 17 or so yells across the parking lot at me "nice jeep!" Looks mean!

I was at Del Taco getting lunch and the guy at the window must have asked me 20 questions about the jeep, lift, and tires.

But the best was my youngest son (7) and I were sitting at a stop light on a two lane road waiting for the green. This car pulls up next to us and a young kid about 14-16 is checking out the jeep. Light turns green, we start to go, get to about 40 and he rolls down the window and yells out that's an awesome jeep dude! I was like thanks and my 7 year old thought it was the funniest thing ever.

Last edited:

vnianocmei

2 things that are memorable over the years with our jeep.

First was getting pulled over and the cop asks what I had under the hood. (small block conversion) Only reason he pulled me over... I was annoyed for having to stop for no reason, but complimented at the same time when he also said it sounded good when I was taking off from the red light.

Second was in a drive thru, when the girl asks if I ever get scared that I would fall out of it without any doors.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Last summer on a Saturday, I decided to head to work topless and doorless since I didn't have to take my daughter to daycare (I didn't get to enjoy my Jeep with no doors and top very much last year since my daughter was less than a year old). I left her car seat in the back seat which makes it very noticeable since I have a four door. I pull up to a four lane intersection and the lady next to me yells, "is there a baby in that car seat?!?!". I said, "yup" and drove away :).

JKDriver

My wife had a funny car seat story.

She was taking a car seat that we no longer use to a friend who needed it. She took the Jeep which had the doors off. Out of habit, she just buckled it in the back seat. On the way she pulled into a gas station. This older lady in a Mercedes pulled up right next to her as she was getting out, looking furious, and said " do you have a baby in that car seat? My wife said "yes" , then looked towards the empty seat and acted shocked and said " Oh no! Where did she go? She was just here!"

The old lady looked horrified, and my wife couldn't keep it together any more and cracked up. The old lady looked disgusted, said something my wife couldn't hear, and drove off.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
"Wow, that thing looks like a real hummer!"

You can't fix stupid.

Agreed^^
Similar story........Had a Sweet 16 birthday party for my twin nieces at my house the other day and a kid comes up to me and says "Pretty sweet Hummer you have out front......which one is that the H3?"......my wife started to cringe waiting for me to unload on him....but I just said....Yep you guessed it....H3...with a Jeep Wrangler kit.......He said... "Really?!?"........I stared right at him with a pissed off look on my face and said....No.......He left shortly there after..........kids SMH

~Woodrow~

Last edited:

GuillaumeC91

Agreed^^
Similar story........Had a Sweet 16 birthday party for my twin nieces at my house the other day and a kid comes up to me and says "Pretty sweet Hummer you have out front......which one is that the H3?"......my wife started to cringe waiting for me to unload on him....but I just said....Yep you guessed it....H3...with a Jeep Wrangler kit.......He said... "Really?!?"........I stared right at him with a pissed off look on my face and said....No.......He left shortly there after..........kids SMH

~Woodrow~

That's awesome, gotta love sarcasm when the person it's directed at doesn't understand... lol

Don't follow me, I'm lost too! O|||||||O

JayKay

Caught the Bug
This story is actually something that happened to my brother-in-law with his TJ that my father-in-law has now. He came in for Easter one year, stopped at the gas station to fill up before heading home. He had the half doors on with the zip up plastic windows in. His pug was looking out the passenger side window while he was pumping gas. A couple of guys on sport bikes pulled up to the pump next to him with full-face tinted helmets on. My brother-in-law heard one of the guys say to the other, "dude, that guy's got a monkey in his Jeep!". He just lost it, started laughing hysterically.

Old Dude

Walmart

In the Walmart parking lot a young Lady commented - "those things sure are a lot bigger in person". I just smiled and said "yes, they are".

groovebus

Last summer on a Saturday, I decided to head to work topless and doorless since I didn't have to take my daughter to daycare (I didn't get to enjoy my Jeep with no doors and top very much last year since my daughter was less than a year old). I left her car seat in the back seat which makes it very noticeable since I have a four door. I pull up to a four lane intersection and the lady next to me yells, "is there a baby in that car seat?!?!". I said, "yup" and drove away :).

Last spring I took the top and doors off my 2013 JKU and had my youngest daughters booster seat in the back. It's not locked in like a baby car seat, they are just so the seatbelt fits right. Anyway, I go to make the first left out of my street and it goes sliding across the seat out the door. From then on it goes in the cargo area when I don't have the kids and the Jeep is naked. LOL

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Some guy at a stop light kept telling me how awesome my jeep was. Said he didn't follow too much but knew it was badass. I kept saying thanks and he said I really mean that is nice.

Lol

Yesterday during the Jeep Beach parade we were asked to pose for s selfie with a beach goer. Very Strange. during the staging someone asked what does HELOS spell. HELO'S short for helicopter.

R/
Will

Top Bottom