Funny or Strange Jeep Compliments

finger3

Okay, I had a great one at lunch! More of a story than a compliment but anyway...

So I'm sitting at a fairly large intersection and a Mustang convertible pulls up next to me. I'm eyeing it and the guy is eyeing my Jeep. He then says: "I almost bought one of those but hell, glaciers move faster!" I replied: "Naw man, this has the new V6... I bet it will outrun that thing". (I'm not an idiot... I could hear the distinct whine of a supercharger and that there was something far different than the stock cam-shafts at work. Not that he needs mods to outrun my box on wheels.) Non-the-less he though I was serious and replied: "We will see about that." So I respond with a little rev of my MIGHTY V6 :crazyeyes: Now I could clearly see him fidgeting with what appeared to be an on-board gadget that I assume was dumping different engine parameters. He was sooo focused on it that he failed to notice the trooper that had pulled up behind me. (Yes, this light takes an eternity with almost no traffic.) I watch the light on the cross traffic to start changing... It hits yellow, I'm off the break and feathering the clutch ready to go.... It changes and he is off! Leaving two awesome s-shaped rubber stripes through the intersection and a shit-load of smoke! I take off like normal if not a touch slower (There is a cop behind me) and putt towards the next intersection that I knew was going to catch us no matter how fast you go... The Officer obviously knew the same thing since he just meandered his way around me to pull up behind the mustang that has the guy now shitting bricks in the driver's seat. Luckily this light is long too, because I was still sitting there when the cop made is way to the guy. The trooper looks up at me and with a wink says: Nice Jeep man! I simply say "Thanks". (Honestly I was a little concerned I was in some kinda trouble too for instigating.) But as the light changes and I take off I hear "See dumb-ass that Jeep is going to outrun you!" :bleh:

On the way back from lunch they were still there and the guy was in the back of the car, so I don't know what transpired while I was gone.

That is truly hilerious :cheesy:

Norice4me66

Got pulled over by a state trooper to let me know that my truck was badass and he was buying himself one and no ticket yesssssss😰

Private Ryan

So I came out of the store one day to this guy on his knees staring underneath the rear end of my JK. I ask this guy if I could help him. He says to me "no I was just admiring the ass of your Jeep". And he walks away. Little weirded out I leave and make sure I wasn't being followed by anyone home. The wildest comment made to me

Wtf!! How bizarre!! So weird how old was he?

There should be a new phrase called a Jeepophile

GTMOSCUBA

Last week I parked next to an LJ & a JKUR, both of them stock. My co worker IT1 walks up to me laughing & states that my Jeep made the other 2 look like bitches, now the guys won't park next to mine. I was speechless...an indirect compliment I guess...lol

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Rottenbelly

I was airing up at after running a long trail while the wife and kids were inside getting drinks. A tour bus pulls into the gas station ( lots of tours up here around Zion national park), and the folks get out and most of them come over and start taking pictures of the jeep. Some were having there picture taking while leaning on it.
The guys start walking around it and see me airing up and proceed to tell me, " awesome ride! best we've seen in U.S.", in there thick Russian accent.
Wife comes out and just starts smiling at all the folks looking at the jeep.

enjoylife

ive had people ask if my jeep was a high end factory jeep. or how many girls i get with 'that thing'. my jeep has ripped a couple girls pants :l gets a good laugh though!

swag247

Was sitting at an intersection when a super sexy Ferrari (red of course) drives by in front of me. Of course I was gawking at it, then my buddy in the passengers seat say's that the guy in the sexy red Ferrari was gawking at my JKU... NICE!!!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
A feel good compliment.

My rig is still in the slow ass beer budget stage and by no means built like some of the rigs on here. I was walking out to my Jeep after stopping at a Tractor Supply Store. As I was walking a guy was leaving in his car talking on his phone as he was driving. I glanced his way and he pointed to my Jeep as he was going by and I nodded he then gave me a thumbs up!

Last edited:

JKFlyer

When I was waiting for my wife at Barnes and noble and a guy comes running out BC he loved my jeep so much and saw the WAYALIFE decals!!! 5 minutes earlier another guy did a uturn to pull up next to mE and ask how he can make his jeep just like mine! Was a flattering day

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

8slotcherokee

I got my jeep not to long ago and my sister bothers me about how much time I spend out in the cold working on my 'car' I don't know how many times I have to tell her it's not a car it's a jeep lol

BobV

I haven't had my jeep but maybe 3-4 months so it's far from done but right now it's on 2.5 Teraflex lift with 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers. I've never driven anything nice enough to mod so nobody had ever really taken notice to anything I had ever driven. Well just yesterday I went to the dealership I bought the jeep at a few months prior to order a new set of leaking tranny cooler lines. Well when I got there all the parking spots down by the parts department were taken so I had to park in front of the glass walled showroom. I'd reached into the back seat to grab something before going in and when I turned back around I noticed just about everyone that was standing in the showroom was looking at me. When I walked in I had several people tell me they really liked my jeep and one of the salesman asked where I got it. When I told him I had bought it there a few months prior he did kind of a double take and got a confused look on his face. I told him that it didn't look like that when I bought. He smiled big and said "Ok I was gonna say we have never had a jeep that looked that cool here."

So needless to say that pretty much made my entire day for some people to actually be admiring my jeep. Makes me even more anxious to get more mods finished.

VictoryUSA

Fed Ex guy was dropping off a package when my daughter arrived home from work in her Rescue Green Mountain. He told her, "Oh, I recognized your Jeep!" Obviously spotting it around town!

MICP3309

Took it back to dealership for the complimentary oil changes ... From the counter guy in service department "HEY!!... can you drive it around back, the guy that does the oil changes is a little short, and cant quite get in." Granted the counter guy at service is a friend of mine.. made just about everyone else in the waiting room laugh :cheesy:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Took it back to dealership for the complimentary oil changes ... From the counter guy in service department "HEY!!... can you drive it around back, the guy that does the oil changes is a little short, and cant quite get in." Granted the counter guy at service is a friend of mine.. made just about everyone else in the waiting room laugh :cheesy:

I remember my very first complimentary oil change at the dealership....they forgot to put the oil cap back on.

Jeep du Boy

Yesterday a Marine called my Mango Tango a "sexy ass Jeep". Dude that is awesome.

'11 Mango Tango Unlimited.
American by Birth, Veteran so my family lives free.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Most I get are just questions on how much lift I have (older tj owners) and they cant ever beleive its only 3". Or People say they have the same tires just smaller and love them.

One time a few girls were taking pics of it which I thought was cool, untill the one goes "ill have to show my mom she loves jeeps"

Guy at my home depot likes to makes comments when he is outside about the snorkel and how "that thing can go through a lake"

Last edited:

Brankz

Was sitting at an intersection when a super sexy Ferrari (red of course) drives by in front of me. Of course I was gawking at it, then my buddy in the passengers seat say's that the guy in the sexy red Ferrari was gawking at my JKU... NICE!!!

Gawking :D lmao!!!!

desertrunner

the question i get asked the most is if i have a winch and when i say yes it always seems to get all ppl fired up so i guess having a winch is the only thing that makes you have an awesome jeep...:nuts:

JKUx

Just today as I was placing my DD coffee in the Jeep a guy says "nice looking Jeep looks amazing", he left the parking lot in an Acura TL type S...thought that was pretty cool!😎

munstie

the question i get asked the most is if i have a winch and when i say yes it always seems to get all ppl fired up so i guess having a winch is the only thing that makes you have an awesome jeep...:nuts:

Had this same one a couple of times.

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

Top Bottom