GraniteCrystal build thread

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Looks better with the new hair cut! Have you decided on what tire carrier your are going to get?

GraniteCrystal

IMHO, definitely looks better without the rack.

I thinking it looks better like that.

I'm sure it was hard saying good bye to your rack. But I really dig the rig a little more naked. Looks good man!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Thanks guys. Kind of bittersweet to take it off. Looking forward to the things to come (37s) but up till now I felt like it was something that set the rig apart. I guess now I'll just be another guy on 37s 😉

GraniteCrystal

I actually really liked the look of my gobi rack on my 2 door, but was much happier after it was gone. jeeps look better without it IMHO

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Looks better with the new hair cut! Have you decided on what tire carrier your are going to get?
Thanks guys.

Strongly leaning towards the new LoD Destroyer bumper/carrier combo. Gives me ability to carry some cargo in the basket, can hold my Rotopax and shovel, opens with the tailgate. Those were pretty much my criteria. Open to suggestions though.

GraniteCrystal

Nice. Good mods to have indeed.

Nice!

Nice getting presents after Christmas

Thanks guys! Yeah, it feels lame to put a lift on without an aftermarket driveshaft. Couldn't take it anywhere to play offroad without tearing up the stock one. Still on 33s but at least I won't be stressed about going over curbs at the mall now.

There's a 32mm nut that's a bear to get off on the transfer case without an impact wrench. I'm gonna have Trail Jeeps do that part for me when they regear me to 5.13s. I'll pull the stock one in the meantime and run without it. Once that nut is off, I can put the new shaft on.

At this point, just trying to find wheels. Feels more and more like I either run my stock wheels (which technically aren't made for a 37x12.5r17 tire) or keep waiting to find some used bead locks in my price range.

I'm glad I didn't rush the decision but tough still waiting/trying to decide.

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks guys! Yeah, it feels lame to put a lift on without an aftermarket driveshaft. Couldn't take it anywhere to play offroad without tearing up the stock one. Still on 33s but at least I won't be stressed about going over curbs at the mall now.

Your new drive shaft benefits you more now that you have a 3 inch lift, so that the OEM drive shaft joint doesn't fail from being at a steep angle. That new drive shaft you got will handle the steeper angles better.

There's a 32mm nut that's a bear to get off on the transfer case without an impact wrench. I'm gonna have Trail Jeeps do that part for me when they regear me to 5.13s. I'll pull the stock one in the meantime and run without it. Once that nut is off, I can put the new shaft on.

Not sure how soon your planning on doing this, but you'll be in 2WD until then. If it's going to be awhile, you can buy a yoke holder/wrench for fairly cheap to keep that thing from spinning. Then use a breaker bar to get that large nut off. Just a thought.

View attachment 240696

Last edited:

GraniteCrystal

Your new drive shaft benefits you more now that you have a 3 inch lift, so that the OEM drive shaft joint doesn't fail from being at a steep angle. That new drive shaft you got will handle the steeper angles better.

Not sure how soon your planning on doing this, but you'll be in 2WD until then. If it's going to be awhile, you can buy a yoke holder/wrench for fairly cheap to keep that thing from spinning. Then use a breaker bar to get that large nut off. Just a thought.

View attachment 240696
Yeah, I know. I don't think being in 2wd will be that big of a deal, but trying to figure out the time line. The remaining piece is wheels. Decided I'd like to have bead locks, but need some I can afford and with proper backspacing. Lots seem to have 3.5" bs but Eddie recommends no less than 3.75" and I'd like to be at 4" just so there's less torque on my axle components since those are all stock. Just can't tell how big or small of a deal that is.

GraniteCrystal

Nice. That's a perfect example, to all the guys that say they can't afford this, or that. Just stow a little, here and there, and it adds up.

Thanks! Yeah, I want to be transparent with the financial aspect so guys can get an idea of how much things cost. As you say, 37s is attainable for most guys I think. Just need to stow it away. This year, all my fun money, birthday money, and Sporting Goods money is going toward 37s. Sacrifice? Absolutely. But I'd rather be on 37s and have something to show for it then have a bunch of trinkets or new clothes I don't care about or need.

Top Bottom