Wines of the Week

JAGS

Hooked
Cloudy, rainy evening and popped a bottle of a French varietal blend grown here in Cali's central coast. A 2013 Tablas Creek "cotes de tablas."

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437361199.741748.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
Single handily keeping this thread alive lately. Lol. What are you guys drinking this week?

Popped a bottle of Cabrador.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438131496.591829.jpg

Panda

Single handily keeping this thread alive lately. Lol. What are you guys drinking this week?

Popped a bottle of Cabrador.

View attachment 156329

Haha! thanks for keeping the thread up to date my friend :thumb: we just haven't had any thing special in a while, same ole
go to's lately cocobon, ménage a trios and cheap Zin's, think I need to take kitty out tasting this weekend :yup:

JAGS

Hooked
Haha! thanks for keeping the thread up to date my friend :thumb: we just haven't had any thing special in a while, same ole
go to's lately cocobon, ménage a trios and cheap Zin's, think I need to take kitty out tasting this weekend :yup:

Lol. Hey post em up. I'm all about finding good affordable wines too, especially ZINS!! 🍷🍷 Starting to feel like a solo lush over here. Ha ha. 😜😜

Clem319

That is a good mid-priced bottle! Just had it again the other night at dinner with a client.

Congrats on her opening!

Thanks. I really enjoy this wine.

I drink this every couple of days, it's a newer blend and the maker, and his blends are becoming sort of a cult wine. A little on the jammy side, not to much though. I do wish it were a little more dry though.

Try his other blends if you get the chance, abstract is very nice as well.

I will try to find the others. This is my wife's favorite

Crawler Kitty

There ya go Panda. That's a good blend. :yup: :thumb: We can't afford to be fancy wine snobs all the time. ;)

I sent some Lodi wines that I wanted to try with Panda for the Rubi trip what did you think? Rob just said "they were all good" any stand outs? Granted they probably weren't as good as the Tannat from Tablas but....

JAGS

Hooked
I sent some Lodi wines that I wanted to try with Panda for the Rubi trip what did you think? Rob just said "they were all good" any stand outs? Granted they probably weren't as good as the Tannat from Tablas but....

Like panda said, they were all good. 👍👍 I mean really, you're on the rubicon...drinking wine. 😉🍷🍷 Jason's jigar Malbec stood out and Panda had one with a cool label that also stood out. And another bottle panda had, but don't remember. I tried that before the cool label one. I had a lot to drink that day/night. Lol

JAGS

Hooked
I have Jigar but I thought I would throw in some cab sav :yup:

And yes it's really good. Well at least I'm a fan :thumb:

Nice play. I have a hard time finding a good cab sav for my and my wife's palate. Is that dry, oaky, heavy tannins??? Or more subtle?

Nice play. I have a hard time finding a good cab sav for my and my wife's palate. Is that dry, oaky, heavy tannins??? Or more subtle?

It has a full taste but not super dry to me. A lot of berry flavors but not fruity. Tannins aren't too heavy most coming from darker berries I'm guessing. There is a little oaky taste / smell but not a mouth full. I really enjoyed the wine a lot. It's a 14.5% abv which is middle of the range so its not going to knock you over. Had two glasses last night I am sure it won't make it thought this evening lol. I aerorated it but I don't feel its necessary at all.

Top Bottom