Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

Napalm

Hell yea looks good.

Out in the Boonies

Thank you!!

Looking good! Glad you don't have to baby it anymore.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=621404

Yes sir. I hated babying it and I'm also glad I no longer have too. Time to break in these wheels and tires.

Looking good bubba! Let's take that puppy out on the trails soon!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I need some trail time! Trying to plan something to get out but just can't do it at the moment.

"Pieces" of mind! Nice [emoji106]

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Yes sir.. small price to pay for it!

Sweet man.

Thanks man!

Looking awesome Nathan glad to see the gussets on Steel time to do some stretching

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes sir! I need to get it on some more dirt ASAP! Thank you!

Napalm

Another picture just because I can't stop staring.
IMG_1477611050.783147.jpg

I've developed a road walk, and I am certain it's my heightened since or awareness that happens every time I install new parts. LOL!

Napalm

Looking great Nathan you've really done a good job putting Steel together

Thanks David. While it isn't exactly where I want it yet, it is MUCH bigger than I expected it to be and I haven't even hit a year with her yet!

Good to see you got the C's welded up! And now with your 35s. You look to be ready to tackle everything at Barnwell [emoji41]

Thanks Nick!! I've been thinking about that trail we did that started with that STEEP incline climb and wanting to do that one again!!

Nice rig man. After 30 years of wanting one, I picked up a '14 Billet Sahara and your pics get saved as ideas for how I want mine to look.

Nice man!! While it isn't huge, it's definitely ideal for daily driving and mile wheeling.

I'm already thinking about my next set of tires(LOL). While I love the BFG KO2 ATs, I'm considering going with a more aggressive MT next time. My BFGs have about 15k on them, so I'm excited to see how many miles I can push out of them.

While I was unsure, I really love running 16 inch wheels. I was so set on 17s that I never even considered running any other size, but 16s give me a lot of Tire sidewall and makes it look super Beefy.

Also, considering once again trading my Trek Top NX for a standard soft top, again....

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Thanks David. While it isn't exactly where I want it yet, it is MUCH bigger than I expected it to be and I haven't even hit a year with her yet!

Haha I understand bud D-day may not be a beefy build like I had planned it to be but I'm enjoying D-day and that's what matters
I've got some interior cosmetic changes coming in the next week or so to help give it some more character

Napalm

Been experiencing a rough ride with the 35s recently. It feels like it's vibrating and giving me a slight shimmy, and just an overall rough ride. Had the wheels and tires balanced yesterday, didn't change. Going to try and play around and diagnose today!

Good looking rig. I've been watching the progress. I like it.

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks man. I'm glad people enjoy watching the build and watching me go back on all the words that I said when I first bought Steel [emoji23]

Haha I understand bud D-day may not be a beefy build like I had planned it to be but I'm enjoying D-day and that's what matters
I've got some interior cosmetic changes coming in the next week or so to help give it some more character

That's what matters. I wanted to enjoy Steel the way she was as long as I could but life got in the way and I could not pass up the deal Tom offered me on these wheels/tires!

Don't you even dare. :grayno:

Don't tell me how to live my life!! Hahah! Serious though, I won't. TrekTop has too many cool features that I love :)

Napalm

The first thing I did to try and figure things out is rotate out my spare. The spare was brand new when I bought these with all four others having 15k miles on them. I rotated the spare in, but decided today to just pull it and put even tread on all 4 corners.
IMG_1477859527.392750.jpg
Next I aired up to 35PSI for testing purposes. I'll run each PSI for a few days and see what feels best. 35 is HIGH for 35s but the ride is very smooth. Now I can't decide if I wanna run the spare on the carrier or just throw it in the back? Hmm..
IMG_1477859619.848058.jpg

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
The first thing I did to try and figure things out is rotate out my spare. The spare was brand new when I bought these with all four others having 15k miles on them. I rotated the spare in, but decided today to just pull it and put even tread on all 4 corners.
View attachment 228888
Next I aired up to 35PSI for testing purposes. I'll run each PSI for a few days and see what feels best. 35 is HIGH for 35s but the ride is very smooth. Now I can't decide if I wanna run the spare on the carrier or just throw it in the back? Hmm..
View attachment 228890

Wow sounds like some pretty serious troubleshooting here you'll get it figured out

sipafz

Caught the Bug

I could see that the spare with a 15k difference could be a potential problem mounted on the front. I would put it on the back.

Napalm

Wow sounds like some pretty serious troubleshooting here you'll get it figured out

Yes sir. I'm an over thinker, sometimes I'll make a problem out of nothing. Never hurts to do some double checking though.

I could see that the spare with a 15k difference could be a potential problem mounted on the front. I would put it on the back.

For now I just pulled it from the rotation. I'll keep it as a spare and have a nice new tire when it's time to put 4 more KO2s on. :)

USMC Wrangler

Maybe I missed it, but what's going on with your 3rd brake light? If you need one, I have one I can send you for the cost of shipping.

So far so good carrying my 35 around on the factory carrier and properly isolated. I am working up a plan to make a standalone carrier with some stuff from AtoZ Fabrication though.

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Top Bottom