Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

JKbrick

The first thing I did to try and figure things out is rotate out my spare. The spare was brand new when I bought these with all four others having 15k miles on them. I rotated the spare in, but decided today to just pull it and put even tread on all 4 corners.
View attachment 228888
Next I aired up to 35PSI for testing purposes. I'll run each PSI for a few days and see what feels best. 35 is HIGH for 35s but the ride is very smooth. Now I can't decide if I wanna run the spare on the carrier or just throw it in the back? Hmm..
View attachment 228890

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I hope you figure it out, Brick drove perfectly until I rotated the tires and I got death wobble, so I put everything back where it was and now I'm fighting bump steer and my front wheels feel like they want to fall off, but no death wobble. I'm so sick of it I'm ready to put it back to stock or not drive it. It's not fun anymore and it pisses me off

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

Drove to work on four even treaded tires with 35PSI this morning. The ride felt much better, so I'll do some chalk testing to see if 35 is too high.

Maybe I missed it, but what's going on with your 3rd brake light? If you need one, I have one I can send you for the cost of shipping.

So far so good carrying my 35 around on the factory carrier and properly isolated. I am working up a plan to make a standalone carrier with some stuff from AtoZ Fabrication though.

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Nothing wrong with the carrier or tail light, just had my spare off rotating a tire out.

The Jeep has been having some ride quality issues since I changed tires so I'm troubleshooting it!

I hope you figure it out, Brick drove perfectly until I rotated the tires and I got death wobble, so I put everything back where it was and now I'm fighting bump steer and my front wheels feel like they want to fall off, but no death wobble. I'm so sick of it I'm ready to put it back to stock or not drive it. It's not fun anymore and it pisses me off

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wow, sorry to hear about your bad luck. You sound like me though, it gets so frustrating that you just wanna swap it to stock or leave it at the house.

I think mine is my overthinking and heightened since of awareness.

USMC Wrangler

Drove to work on four even treaded tires with 35PSI this morning. The ride felt much better, so I'll do some chalk testing to see if 35 is too high.

With working nights and the weather cooling off, I've had to spend a lot of time fine tuning my psi too. It's still in the mid 80's during the day but dropping to the low 50's at night. By the time I got off work the tires were at 24psi when starting at 30 during the day. I've bumped mine up to 34 during the day and that's been better.

Nothing wrong with the carrier or tail light, just had my spare off rotating a tire out.

Gotcha. I just noticed in the one pic that your 3rd brake light was disassembled.

I think mine is my overthinking and heightened since of awareness.

I know the feeling. We've all read about so many problems. I too get in an overthinking mode sometimes. I had a funny vibe recently and found a few loose bolts on my rear ds at the diff and both trans mount bolts. The vibes are gone and I've now added checking those to my regular maintenance routine.

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Napalm

We have some cooler weather moving in this weekend, so enjoying what I can of the weather now with the doors off.
IMG_1478130125.683298.jpg

Ever since I pulled the brand new BFG off the ground, and pushed my PSI back up to 35, Steel has had a great ride. I know that is high for a set of 35s, but the contact patch seems good and the ride is unbeatable.

BamBamDeer

We have some cooler weather moving in this weekend, so enjoying what I can of the weather now with the doors off.
View attachment 229358

Ever since I pulled the brand new BFG off the ground, and pushed my PSI back up to 35, Steel has had a great ride. I know that is high for a set of 35s, but the contact patch seems good and the ride is unbeatable.

Whatever works.....works.....

Steel does look good sitting on those bigger tires

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I know that is high for a set of 35s, but the contact patch seems good and the ride is unbeatable.

I usually run 35 in almost all of mine except for the wife's car and it's at 32. Of the 3/4 tons and one tons I've had it's obviously been higher but I pulled a lot with a half ton on 35s and ran it at 40 all the time.

Top Bottom