Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

Napalm

A cool, rainy morning.
IMG_1251.jpg

Been sitting around, staring at Steel for quite some time. The only "big" thing I am still needing is a winch, which will come at the first part of December. Decided it's time to look into doing a few small touches here in the next few months. After the tires, I've really just been driving and enjoying her. I am dying to get out and wheel though. So, here are the plans for the next few months.

Warn VR8000 w/neoprene winch cover.
Fender chop(waiting for a friend because I don't have the tools to do it)
Custom decals for the hood
D rings(red or silver - can't decide)

After that, I'll just be driving it and the next thing will probably be when I replace the BFGs with a set of new BFGs when that time comes.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kyle7R

A cool, rainy morning.
View attachment 231376

Been sitting around, staring at Steel for quite some time. The only "big" thing I am still needing is a winch, which will come at the first part of December. Decided it's time to look into doing a few small touches here in the next few months. After the tires, I've really just been driving and enjoying her. I am dying to get out and wheel though. So, here are the plans for the next few months.

Warn VR8000 w/neoprene winch cover.
Fender chop(waiting for a friend because I don't have the tools to do it)
Custom decals for the hood
D rings(red or silver - can't decide)

After that, I'll just be driving it and the next thing will probably be when I replace the BFGs with a set of new BFGs when that time comes.

Quit hogging the rain, send it on down. We've been waiting for two days already!

Steel looks good brother, every time I come to your thread I feel that twinge to put a dollar in the piggy bank towards a 1/4 pounder.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Looking great!! Love that color and thank you!

I REALLY want a Warn. The only one in my price range is the VR series. Talked to Wes yesterday about ordering one and he gave me the price I need, just need to clear the funds!

They have a 7 year warranty, on the new ones, at least, so if you're going going to buy a China winch, I'd buy a Warn. I have to believe, if they are willing to put their name on it, it isn't junk.

Napalm

Quit hogging the rain, send it on down. We've been waiting for two days already!

Steel looks good brother, every time I come to your thread I feel that twinge to put a dollar in the piggy bank towards a 1/4 pounder.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

We've gotten a nice amount of it today. It's brought the temps down quite a bit. Up until yesterday I had the rear of my Trektop off, glad I put then back on.

I understand, it's definitely a great upgrade and would change the entire front of your JK. I would wait until you can buy both a bumper and a winch, waiting and staring at that hole in my bumper SUCKS.

They have a 7 year warranty, on the new ones, at least, so if you're going going to buy a China winch, I'd buy a Warn. I have to believe, if they are willing to put their name on it, it isn't junk.

I am hoping this is true. I guess it's better to have a chinese Warn than no Warn at all. I've been doing some research and it seems that I can't find many bad reviews from mild wheelers. I was convinced I was going to have to stay in budget and buy a Smittybilt or Quadratec, but I'm really trying to do what I can to get a Warn.

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks!!

LoL!! Lame doesn't even begin to discribe it. Work comes before play.. but I've been working constantly. Still waiting on the play! LoL!

The fact that you took the time to take the pictures shows the pride you have in your Jeep. And that's all that matters. Sweet pictures, indeed. :thumb:

Napalm

The fact that you took the time to take the pictures shows the pride you have in your Jeep. And that's all that matters. Sweet pictures, indeed. :thumb:

Thanks brother, I do love my rig and can only love it more once I am able to run it off pavement more. Once I get the winch in the next week or so, the wife and I will be able to go out to the easier trails on our own without concern of getting held up.

Napalm

Looking good. How does the 35 do on the stock door/carrier? The only reason I. Asking is mine didn't do so well.

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sorry brother; did not see this post. It seems to be fairing well so far. It concerns me a little, especially since I don't have it isolated yet. But, EVOLander rode with a 37 on the stock carrier for a while with no problems, so I am holding onto hope! I will be concerned more so when I am out wheeling and grabbing it on the trail or a ledge.

What happened with yours?

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Sorry brother; did not see this post. It seems to be fairing well so far. It concerns me a little, especially since I don't have it isolated yet. But, EVOLander rode with a 37 on the stock carrier for a while with no problems, so I am holding onto hope! I will be concerned more so when I am out wheeling and grabbing it on the trail or a ledge.

EVOLander was properly Isolated... I would recommend getting that taken care of ASAP Nate... Hate to see issues w/ Steel for such a minor oversite. :beer: Especially something a quick stop by the hardware store can fix for <$20

Napalm

EVOLander was properly Isolated... I would recommend getting that taken care of ASAP Nate... Hate to see issues w/ Steal for such a minor oversite. :beer:

I know.. I'm the worst. Extending the bump stops on the tailgate is the best way to do that right? Like with something like this.
IMG_1240.jpg

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

In addition to extending the stock isolators EVOlander also had an additional perch welded onto the pro series rear bumper when it was on the rig. If 37s are your goal I highly recommend a tire carrier be factored into your budget.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I know.. I'm the worst. Extending the bump stops on the tailgate is the best way to do that right? Like with something like this.
View attachment 231909

haha "the WORST" Nate... :harhar:

Yeah, that, or you can rig something up on the even cheaper using PVC, and a few others have had good luck with sticking rubber (i'm guessing Fuel line) hose into the center of the stock isolater cut to length, etc. But If I were to do it, I would most likely do exactly what you posted. (just because It will LOOK the cleanest) :thumb:

Edit: you may be able to pick up some rubber feet, and stick them into the stock Isolater with just a dab of superglue or something for a nice looking finish even with the tire isnt on the back. something like this? (NOT tested, just an idea)

rubberfoot.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom