Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

Napalm

Time for some small personalization for Steel. Just ordered some custom Hard Rock decals with the text of "Steel" for each side of the hood. The color scheme will match this one :)

100_5066_zpsc4381e3f.jpg

In addition to extending the stock isolators EVOlander also had an additional perch welded onto the pro series rear bumper when it was on the rig. If 37s are your goal I highly recommend a tire carrier be factored into your budget.

Thanks Ty. The end game won't go past 35's for me, but it's still important for me to properly isolate the 35. Thanks for the tips though brother!

haha "the WORST" Nate... :harhar:

Yeah, that, or you can rig something up on the even cheaper using PVC, and a few others have had good luck with sticking rubber (i'm guessing Fuel line) hose into the center of the stock isolater cut to length, etc. But If I were to do it, I would most likely do exactly what you posted. (just because It will LOOK the cleanest) :thumb:

Edit: you may be able to pick up some rubber feet, and stick them into the stock Isolater with just a dab of superglue or something for a nice looking finish even with the tire isnt on the back. something like this? (NOT tested, just an idea)

View attachment 231910

Yeah, I think I'll go with what I posted just because of looks and quality. I'll try and get it done within the next week! :)

Kyle7R

Time for some small personalization for Steel. Just ordered some custom Hard Rock decals with the text of "Steel" for each side of the hood. The color scheme will match this one :)

View attachment 231939

Thanks Ty. The end game won't go past 35's for me, but it's still important for me to properly isolate the 35. Thanks for the tips though brother!

Yeah, I think I'll go with what I posted just because of looks and quality. I'll try and get it done within the next week! :)
Hope you ordered extras in case you don't put them on straight the first time!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
haha "the WORST" Nate... :harhar:

Yeah, that, or you can rig something up on the even cheaper using PVC, and a few others have had good luck with sticking rubber (i'm guessing Fuel line) hose into the center of the stock isolater cut to length, etc. But If I were to do it, I would most likely do exactly what you posted. (just because It will LOOK the cleanest) :thumb:

Edit: you may be able to pick up some rubber feet, and stick them into the stock Isolater with just a dab of superglue or something for a nice looking finish even with the tire isnt on the back. something like this? (NOT tested, just an idea)

View attachment 231910

That pic uses rubber #8 stoppers, from the hardware section at Lowes. I found it in a thread here somewhere. It was easier to do than the PVC pipe mod, now that I've done both. It works great.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

That pic uses rubber #8 stoppers, from the hardware section at Lowes. I found it in a thread here somewhere. It was easier to do than the PVC pipe mod, now that I've done both. It works great.

I did try the rubber stoppers too. But it seems that only works on factory backspaced wheels and 35's. (I am not certain of that for every Jeep, but is my only explanation.) My tire didn't even come close to the rubber stoppers with 4.5" BS. I don't remember what Nate's are, but just something to consider.

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I did try the rubber stoppers too. But it seems that only works on factory backspaced wheels and 35's. (I am not certain of that for every Jeep, but is my only explanation.) My tire didn't even come close to the rubber stoppers with 4.5" BS. I don't remember what Nate's are, but just something to consider.

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

Good point. My 35 rests on the bumper and my wheels have 4.75" backspacing. It may have worked on my other Jeep, with 4.5" backspacing, but probably not as well. It is , however, a very inexpensive thing to try.

IMG_7671.jpg
IMG_7675.jpg

USMC Wrangler

Good point. My 35 rests on the bumper and my wheels have 4.75" backspacing. It may have worked on my other Jeep, with 4.5" backspacing, but probably not as well. It is , however, a very inexpensive thing to try.

View attachment 232011
View attachment 232012

Oh yeah. Definitely worth a shot.

Overall "build thread"

USMC Wrangler

Napalm

Nice! Which one did you decide on?

Overall "build thread"

The Gen 1 VR8000. Warn told me that this is winch is assembled in Oregon with Chinese components. It was the only Warn in my budget and for what it I spent on it, it was the best winch for the money. I'm just happy I was finally able to afford a Warn :)

sipafz

Caught the Bug
The Gen 1 VR8000. Warn told me that this is winch is assembled in Oregon with Chinese components. It was the only Warn in my budget and for what it I spent on it, it was the best winch for the money. I'm just happy I was finally able to afford a Warn :)

Congrats! I'm looking to get the same one, but not till after Christmas.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
If you're looking to get one of the leftover Gen1s, you might try and get it quick. Wes told me the supply of them is limited! Warn is running a good rebate on them right now.

I hear ya and wish I could, but I think my daughter and wife would be disappointed with a winch under the tree, even a Warn, haha. Laptops and PS VR is the priority. I have plenty of time until my next trip in June and hopefully I will still be able to get a good deal from one of the great Wayalife sponsors after the holidays.

BamBamDeer

Steel has new shoes....now a new winch...looks like you are ready to Wheel!

Congrats!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

I hear ya and wish I could, but I think my daughter and wife would be disappointed with a winch under the tree, even a Warn, haha. Laptops and PS VR is the priority. I have plenty of time until my next trip in June and hopefully I will still be able to get a good deal from one of the great Wayalife sponsors after the holidays.

I understand. It was a stretch for me as well, but luckily a week early than originally planned didn't hurt me too bad. :)

Steel has new shoes....now a new winch...looks like you are ready to Wheel!

Congrats!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes sir, the build has accelerated much more than expected. My wife kept asking.. don't we need a winch to go 4-wheeling? Why yes honey, it's a must :) hah!

10abadilla/jk

Sorry brother; did not see this post. It seems to be fairing well so far. It concerns me a little, especially since I don't have it isolated yet. But, EVOLander rode with a 37 on the stock carrier for a while with no problems, so I am holding onto hope! I will be concerned more so when I am out wheeling and grabbing it on the trail or a ledge.

What happened with yours?

20161125_195001.jpg 20161125_194952.jpg 20161125_194944.jpg 20161125_194924.jpg
A lot if the pinch welds broke and the door cracked. That was running 33s. Now it rattles ALOT!!!. Right now I am not running a spare because with every little bump i hit it rattles and pops.

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

Napalm

Took advantage of WALs sale on the Wayalife store and purchased a Wayalife T shirt, a new red windshield banner, and some red decals for the sides. Time to give Steel some color. :)

NO OCD jokes!!! Hahahahaha!!

Top Bottom