FirstAid Kit

Studfam24

So trying to bring this post alive again because this is important for all to know.

Side note, I'm looking at getting IV fluid and I think it's kinda stupid I can buy the fluid but not the needles to go with it. How do I get some of I need them?

Ya I highly recommend staying clear of any procedure that breaks the skin of the patient without proper training unless it's some sort of auto injector pen like epi. I've taught Emergency medicine for some time now as well. And careful with the morphine as the dosages from the ol' US gov supply center is a one size fits all for those auto sticks. Don't want to put your buddy into respiratory depression or arrest cuz you have him too much for a simple flesh wound. I recommend sticking to the over the counter or prescriptions in the proper manner. The risk of infection is too high out there without proper aseptic techniques for the novice. If you don't know how to do an IV, chest tube, needle cryc ect and/or haven't done many (YouTube how-to doesn't count) then steer clear. To high of a chance for further injury. It's not as easy as poke and flow. Well for us with experience maybe so. But keep in mind.... You can drink both saline and Lactated Ringers, however it's not really tasty but you can supplement for heavy blood loss this way. It's much less effective but still effective. And by heavy loss I'm not talking a oozing leg gash. I mean spirting red blood.
And look out for expired stuff gents. Lots of places will try to send you expired things as they acquired it because it was expired. All medical grade supplies have a manufacture date, exp date, or both.

WJCO

Meme King
What do you do with it if you have a blowout from some hot sauce or a burrito?

Ha! Everyone was thinking it. Glad you asked it.

No kidding. Truthfully it's for the kids. I just go shit in the woods. And as far as using this thing, you put a liner in it (garbage bag) and throw it away when you're done. You don't relieve yourself right in the thing without a liner. It's really not a necessary piece of gear, but makes things way easier when backpacking with kids.

Top Bottom