Project BOHICA: AllAmericanInfidel's Mojave Sand build

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
The leather looks good. I've never been a fan but it looks good in BOHICA!

Nice job!

Thanks! I was apprehensive about leather at first but it has held up well against the kids in the wife's vehicle, and is super easy to clean, so we decided to give it a try.

xxJWPxx

Subscribed. I'm getting ready to trade in my 2 door Granite for a 4 door soon (baby on the way) and have been leaning towards Mojave vs. another Granite.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Subscribed. I'm getting ready to trade in my 2 door Granite for a 4 door soon (baby on the way) and have been leaning towards Mojave vs. another Granite.

Congrats on the baby! What a blessing! I too contemplated getting another Granite, as it really is a gorgeous color. The thing for me was, I have wanted a tan Jeep since I saw Sahara Tan way back whenever they offered that color. Dune just wasn't doing it for me, so when I saw the Mojave Sand on a Renegade, I knew that was the color for me.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Finished up the seats yesterday, will likely tackle the center console tomorrow and the arm rests later in the week. I only have about a week until I have to ship it to Hawaii, so not much time to get stuff done.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462759424.931203.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462759439.937016.jpg

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Looks good. Where did you find that leather kit and did they have other options or just the leather?

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Looks good. Where did you find that leather kit and did they have other options or just the leather?

Thanks! I purchased the Leather kit direct from Star Fabricating. I believe the only offer leather, but they have several patterns and options. I had originally ordered the black leather with Granite Crystal stitching to match my last rig, but after I got rid of it I called and had it switched to all black. That way it would match regardless of what color I went with.

BamBamDeer

Thanks! I purchased the Leather kit direct from Star Fabricating. I believe the only offer leather, but they have several patterns and options. I had originally ordered the black leather with Granite Crystal stitching to match my last rig, but after I got rid of it I called and had it switched to all black. That way it would match regardless of what color I went with.

I am really impressed with how that turned out. You did an excellent job and have me thinking now......

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I am really impressed with how that turned out. You did an excellent job and have me thinking now......

Lol thanks! I have never done any kind of upholstery before, but it was surprisingly easy. If you ever decide to do something like that, let me know. I took lots of pictures lol.

BamBamDeer

I really appreciate it. I will be looking into it. I have never done upholstery but really like the look you got. I will yell when I get ready....I would sure enjoy seeing how you did it.

Brute

Hooked
Lol thanks. I'll post up the plans for it soon and will be purchasing most of the parts before I leave, but likely won't be modifying it until after the Hawaii vehicle inspection. I'm usually dead set against any vehicles in 'military' looking colors, but I have wanted a tan Jeep since I first saw the Sahara tan way back when. As much as I can't wait to get it up on 35s and at least where my last build was, it's actually pretty nice driving a stock Jeep around. I forgot how nice they drove stock lol.

Ever since Hawaii went to a required photo of the vehicle for inspection record recently (they do it with an Ipad), it has sucked. Even after you pass your 1st inspection due to your vehicle being stock, you have to have an annual safety inspection done. As soon as you lift it, add larger than stock tires, modify fenders etc., you will be required to take it to a special one time inspection to get a sticker for a reconditioned vehicle, prior to having an annual safety inspection . Your tires cannot stick out past your fenders & you have to have rear mudflaps that cover half the tire height...you also need license plates front & rear. At least you won't have to have an emission test...

Brute

Hooked
Thank you, I appreciate it! I am definitely hoping to establish a good relationship with a dealership there as well. If my research serves me correctly, there is only one Jeep dealership on Oahu, in Honolulu. Anyways, I appreciate the kind words! Oh, and not really into cigars. I attended a party with a cigar bar once on the rooftop of Taser International in Scottsdale Arizona. They had folks there rolling any type of cigar people could think of there. It was pretty fun trying all the different cigars, but I think I went overboard and have never had a taste for them since lol!

There is another Jeep dealership in Kaneohe on the Windward side...I'll let you know where it is when you get here...

Top Bottom