Project BOHICA: AllAmericanInfidel's Mojave Sand build

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Ever since Hawaii went to a required photo of the vehicle for inspection record recently (they do it with an Ipad), it has sucked. Even after you pass your 1st inspection due to your vehicle being stock, you have to have an annual safety inspection done. As soon as you lift it, add larger than stock tires, modify fenders etc., you will be required to take it to a special one time inspection to get a sticker for a reconditioned vehicle, prior to having an annual safety inspection . Your tires cannot stick out past your fenders & you have to have rear mudflaps that cover half the tire height...you also need license plates front & rear. At least you won't have to have an emission test...

Damn! I was planning on swapping the stock tires over each time I got an inspection, and running the 35's the rest of the time. I didn't realize they photographed the vehicle. I guess Ill have to do the recon no matter what, even if I swap the tires for inspection to ensure they don't stick out past the fenders. The 35's were about 1.5"-2" out on my last rig, and I plan on running a similar setup.

Brute

Hooked
Damn! I was planning on swapping the stock tires over each time I got an inspection, and running the 35's the rest of the time. I didn't realize they photographed the vehicle. I guess Ill have to do the recon no matter what, even if I swap the tires for inspection to ensure they don't stick out past the fenders. The 35's were about 1.5"-2" out on my last rig, and I plan on running a similar setup.

Even if you swap tires prior to inspection, they will require a recon if the vehicle is lifted...and you still will need to swap tires prior to inspection (I know, it's a pain in the ass...that's why my rigs are in Seattle; besides, the wheeling is WAY better)...

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
So, this just happened!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463274919.694447.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463274932.347197.jpg

Was considering picking up some 75A bumpers and then was offered these MotoBilt front and rear bumpers for the same price. Already powder coated with a coat of zinc and then a coat of gloss black. They need a couple of small touch ups, but nothing major and no dents. I hope I keep running into deals like this!

Evil

Cant wait to see this one done:thumb: Color is one of my favorites. I told my wife I want a FDE Jeep.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
So, I had a little spare time today and got the rear bumper mounted. Hopefully I will have the time before I ship the Jeep out to get the leveling kit and front bumper mounted. Then it will stay that way until I get settled in. The Jeep will be about a month at sea, and then it will be 1 to 2 months before I have a house and a garage to work on it again. I'll likely buy the wheels and have the 35 BFGs mounted when I get my household goods, which won't be until I get a house. Then I'll just adjust everything with a programmer until I can the the regear done. This way at least it won't look to weird cruising around in a stock Jeep with that built ass front bumper lol. Anyways, the rear bumper.......
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463424595.063148.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463424614.722080.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463424630.249676.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463424641.874554.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463424652.606062.jpg

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I like that rear bumper a lot now that you have it mounted. It looks like it's just deep enough to cover the frame rails, which is perfect. Can't wait to see the front on!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Ever since Hawaii went to a required photo of the vehicle for inspection record recently (they do it with an Ipad), it has sucked. Even after you pass your 1st inspection due to your vehicle being stock, you have to have an annual safety inspection done. As soon as you lift it, add larger than stock tires, modify fenders etc., you will be required to take it to a special one time inspection to get a sticker for a reconditioned vehicle, prior to having an annual safety inspection . Your tires cannot stick out past your fenders & you have to have rear mudflaps that cover half the tire height...you also need license plates front & rear. At least you won't have to have an emission test...

This got me thinking. Do you know how long I would have to get the inspection done once the vehicle arrives there? Also, any idea of the inspection costs?

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
MotoBilt Vacuum pump relocation kit came in today. Trying to get it painted up and ready to install tonight. If all goes as planned, I'll remove the front bumper tonight and get the pump relocated. Tomorrow afternoon I'll head over to the lift bays on post and get the leveling kit installed and the MotoBilt front bumper on. Then I'll have to get it all cleaned up and ready to ship out. Running out of time and the packers are here to move all our stuff today and tomorrow, so I'm not sure how much longer I'll have my tools available.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463689875.305939.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463689888.862870.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463689900.236425.jpg

Brute

Hooked
This got me thinking. Do you know how long I would have to get the inspection done once the vehicle arrives there? Also, any idea of the inspection costs?

I'm not sure of the time frame you will have before you need to have all the paperwork done...but I can find out for you. The annual safety inspection is under $25.00...I don't remember the cost for the recon, but I'll check.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I'm not sure of the time frame you will have before you need to have all the paperwork done...but I can find out for you. The annual safety inspection is under $25.00...I don't remember the cost for the recon, but I'll check.

Awesome, if it's not too much trouble, I appreciate it! I've tried calling but it seems like no one ever answers lol.

WJCO

Meme King
MotoBilt Vacuum pump relocation kit came in today. Trying to get it painted up and ready to install tonight. If all goes as planned, I'll remove the front bumper tonight and get the pump relocated. Tomorrow afternoon I'll head over to the lift bays on post and get the leveling kit installed and the MotoBilt front bumper on. Then I'll have to get it all cleaned up and ready to ship out. Running out of time and the packers are here to move all our stuff today and tomorrow, so I'm not sure how much longer I'll have my tools available.

There's something special about painting something no one else sees. I do it too, lol.

So, my house looks like this right now. It's driving me nuts.

Boxes everywhere!

As long as those are Jeep parts, you're all good.

Top Bottom