Project BOHICA: AllAmericanInfidel's Mojave Sand build

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Long day today, but getting closer! Drove from OKC to Sedona AZ today, so we should be able to take it easy tomorrow. 4 more days and we'll be in Hawaii.

Brute

Hooked
this is a good time of the year to make a xcross country road trip...temps are not too up yet...safe travels and a hui hou...

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Nice! One day I wanna make a cross country trip.

It's great. If you've never driven across the US, I would highly recommend it. This country has so many beautiful sights to see and interesting things along the way. This is our 4th time driving from coast to coast. I just with I had my Jeep this time lol!

this is a good time of the year to make a xcross country road trip...temps are not too up yet...safe travels and a hui hou...

Thanks bro, I appreciate it! The trip has been beautiful thus far. Some bad, heavy rains in Oklahoma has been the only drama on the trip. We left Sedona this afternoon, spent some time in Jerome, and currently headed down to Bagdad. Then over to Quartzsite for a few days before heading to California to fly out. It's hard to believe the time is finally here and we're only 4 days from being in Hawaii. We are ecstatic about it!

Brute

Hooked
It's great. If you've never driven across the US, I would highly recommend it. This country has so many beautiful sights to see and interesting things along the way. This is our 4th time driving from coast to coast. I just with I had my Jeep this time lol!

Thanks bro, I appreciate it! The trip has been beautiful thus far. Some bad, heavy rains in Oklahoma has been the only drama on the trip. We left Sedona this afternoon, spent some time in Jerome, and currently headed down to Bagdad. Then over to Quartzsite for a few days before heading to California to fly out. It's hard to believe the time is finally here and we're only 4 days from being in Hawaii. We are ecstatic about it!

Akaka Falls.jpg Big Isle.jpg Kipahulu.jpg Halemaumau crater.jpg

I don't think your family will like Hawaii that much...

Napalm

I know you didn't have your JKU much before shipping, but any first impressions on the Teraflex Level?

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I know you didn't have your JKU much before shipping, but any first impressions on the Teraflex Level?

I ran the TF leveling kit on my Jeep in 2013 as well
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465179877.251752.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465179896.690112.jpg

Honestly, it rides exactly like it did before, just a bit higher. It does not change the ride quality at all. It does not change your steering geometry or driveline angles enough to warrant any other modifications. Both rigs I have used the leveling kit on rode and handled exactly like stock. That's one of the reasons I wanted to start with this kit on my current rig. I actually forgot how nice and soft the stock ride was and wanted to keep it for a while and still be able to fit a 35" tire.

Napalm

I ran the TF leveling kit on my Jeep in 2013 as well
View attachment 206934
View attachment 206935

Honestly, it rides exactly like it did before, just a bit higher. It does not change the ride quality at all. It does not change your steering geometry or driveline angles enough to warrant any other modifications. Both rigs I have used the leveling kit on rode and handled exactly like stock. That's one of the reasons I wanted to start with this kit on my current rig. I actually forgot how nice and soft the stock ride was and wanted to keep it for a while and still be able to fit a 35" tire.

Awesome, thank you for your input. I'm between this kit and running the EVO level again. It all comes down to if I want to run a spring kit, or a hockey puck kit. I'm undecided! Thanks though.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
After driving across the country, visiting some family in AZ, we finally arrived in Hawaii today! Didn't get to see any of it yet since we arrived so late. I go straight to work tomorrow, but headed to the beach as soon as I get off! Already seeing a bunch of Jeeps with stupid looking garden trim extending the flares. Man I hope I don't have to do that lol!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Awesome Joe! Glad you guys made it safe brother! Do me one thing? Can you have a spam sandwich and tell me it they taste better there? I hear they love their spam!:)

Top Bottom