Cut Fender Thread

kfchris

great thread. I'm not willing to cut the glossy color black ones that are stock on my sahara, fortunately CL will be easy to provide some flares when I'm ready to do this. I may forgo the BB and just get new fender flares and 35's and see how that works out!

ccape0328

Cut mine this past week with a jig saw and put the black door molding on. Think they turned out great!

Before
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454944860.212916.jpg

After
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454944905.598587.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454944927.450523.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454944947.800651.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454944971.353747.jpg

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Anybody have the pics or link to the pics of the rig that had trimmed fenders that still had a slight down turn to them (not sure if I'm explaining it well). I believe it was one of our lady Wayalifers rigs, and they were still full width but slightly trimmed? I thought they were in this thread but couldn't find it.

Sessoms14X

Anybody have the pics or link to the pics of the rig that had trimmed fenders that still had a slight down turn to them (not sure if I'm explaining it well). I believe it was one of our lady Wayalifers rigs, and they were still full width but slightly trimmed? I thought they were in this thread but couldn't find it.

You mean with a little lip after the bend of the fender or something? Would the turn signal still be in its original location?

RockyJk

Alstew here in the forum has em how I think you are saying
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454982870.490312.jpg
Zoom in on his fenders

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
You mean with a little lip after the bend of the fender or something? Would the turn signal still be in its original location?

Correct. The rig I am talking about kept the side markers and just trimmed around it, plus trimmed up the lip to give some more clearance.

Alstew here in the forum has em how I think you are saying
View attachment 186515
Zoom in on his fenders

Very close. I like how most, if not all of the width of the fender is kept but they are trimmed up a bit for more clearance. As mentioned above, the pics I am looking for retained the marker lights as well. I have a lot of stuff to purchase for my rig, but would really prefer one of those things to not be fenders. I like the trimmed up factory look, but have to retain the width to pass inspection when I get to Hawaii this summer.

Sessoms14X

Correct. The rig I am talking about kept the side markers and just trimmed around it, plus trimmed up the lip to give some more clearance.

Very close. I like how most, if not all of the width of the fender is kept but they are trimmed up a bit for more clearance. As mentioned above, the pics I am looking for retained the marker lights as well. I have a lot of stuff to purchase for my rig, but would really prefer one of those things to not be fenders. I like the trimmed up factory look, but have to retain the width to pass inspection when I get to Hawaii this summer.

I think these might be what you mean? Check out post number 201 and it shows his fenders http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=23610

TangoJk

Cut mine about 2 years ago, holding up great with some black door trim to cover the rough edges. Whizzer wheel to the rescue[emoji106]🏼 ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455103359.859929.jpg

Top Bottom