My "Project Hawaii" build.

MSmitty

Moving to the Big Island in a few months so I thought I would go ahead and start my build thread even though my Jeep isn't even here yet. Ordered two weeks ago so still a while to wait. I got the bumpers, tire carrier, and rails in. These will eventually all be sand color but you can kind of see where I'm headed. This Jeep will never see rocks so the finish should hold up well. It will take me a while to get it all painted but should be done in a week or so!

Attachments

• 1461533214112.jpg
    1461533214112.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 273

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Moving to the Big Island in a few months so I thought I would go ahead and start my build thread even though my Jeep isn't even here yet. Ordered two weeks ago so still a while to wait. I got the bumpers, tire carrier, and rails in. These will eventually all be sand color but you can kind of see where I'm headed. This Jeep will never see rocks so the finish should hold up well. It will take me a while to get it all painted but should be done in a week or so!

Awesome, can't wait to see what you do with it! Curious, what model and options did you go with?

MSmitty

Awesome, can't wait to see what you do with it! Curious, what model and options did you go with?

Hey, yours too! It's a base unlimited with almost zero options. Auto trans and 3.73 axle. It's impossible to find no option jeeps around here, and even harder to find Mojave sand. It's going to be a little embarrassing driving it for those first few days on those tiny stock wheels. :) soon after it will have the ARB 2.5 heavy duty lift and Kelly 325/70 r17s

PB's-12JKU

Congrats on the new jeep. Don't worry about running the stock tires, wait till you get over here and see how many people lift their vehicles and still run the stock wheels. You are making the right choice in buying your parts on the mainland, everthing cost double over here when you factor in the shipping. What part of The Big Island you headed to?

MSmitty

Congrats on the new jeep. Don't worry about running the stock tires, wait till you get over here and see how many people lift their vehicles and still run the stock wheels. You are making the right choice in buying your parts on the mainland, everthing cost double over here when you factor in the shipping. What part of The Big Island you headed to?

We will be in the Pahoa area. Still looking at houses.

MSmitty

Tires, suspension and winch arrived today!

AEV 2.5 Dualsport
Smittybilt 10k x2o winch
Kelly Safari TSR in 315/70r17

Attachments

• 1462394294195.jpg
    1462394294195.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 221

MSmitty

KZ Status! Shipped on the 4th! Even got the window sticker link to work. Should be about two weeks out.

Last edited:

Brute

Hooked
Pahoa is not a bad place, the town is like a throwback to the 60's, just ignore what you may read online about Pahoa and Puna. Good luck with the house search.

Of all the islands, I love the Big Island the most...I have property up in North Kohala. You will love the Puna area...

MSmitty

Just got the call! Jeep came in this morning! I'll be posting up some pics as soon as I can. :wings:

Top Bottom