Red Rock Rubicon Rebuild (2 door)

bones37

Some updates..

I made a few changes, nothing too major. Replaced the PSC BFH stinger with a clean, no bar front bumper. I debated getting a BFH with just the recovery tabs, but decided on the Crawler Conceptz front skinny as it is slightly wider and less boxy.

I gave the Jeep a long overdue bath (probably 4+ months) after we had some road salt from a recent light snow. When I painted the front bumper, I went ahead and repainted the rear, painted the recovery shackles, and cleaned up the rocker armor.

Next on the list is another replacement tie rod :rolleyes2:

I'm also eyeing the narrow PSC fender flares. It's purely aesthetic, so I doubt I'll replace the Bushwackers for the cost. But I LOVE the look of them.

166.jpg

167.jpg

168.jpg

169.jpg

170.jpg

RebelconJk

Looks awesome dude! i love that front bumper! I was looking at the same one, but with the cut outs for the fogs. I just got the Crawler Conceptz full corners for my 2 door looking forward to getting them on as soon as it warms up here.

tanmanjk

Subbed. Besides how far the or fab tire carrier stuck out, how did it hold up? Did it mess with your tail gate any?

bones37

Looks awesome dude! i love that front bumper! I was looking at the same one, but with the cut outs for the fogs. I just got the Crawler Conceptz full corners for my 2 door looking forward to getting them on as soon as it warms up here.

I just saw those on your build thread. I can't wait to see them on. It may sway me to make more bad decisions, haha.

bones37

Subbed. Besides how far the or fab tire carrier stuck out, how did it hold up? Did it mess with your tail gate any?

No issues at all. It was solid and didn't affect the tailgate. I was going to replace it with a standard carrier, but decided to scrap it all together. If I ever need to add a carrier, I will buy the non jerry can version since I have the holes drilled already for the mounts.

tanmanjk

No issues at all. It was solid and didn't affect the tailgate. I was going to replace it with a standard carrier, but decided to scrap it all together. If I ever need to add a carrier, I will buy the non jerry can version since I have the holes drilled already for the mounts.
OK thanks I appreciate it

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I made a few changes, nothing too major. Replaced the PSC BFH stinger with a clean, no bar front bumper. I debated getting a BFH with just the recovery tabs, but decided on the Crawler Conceptz front skinny as it is slightly wider and less boxy.

I gave the Jeep a long overdue bath (probably 4+ months) after we had some road salt from a recent light snow. When I painted the front bumper, I went ahead and repainted the rear, painted the recovery shackles, and cleaned up the rocker armor.

Next on the list is another replacement tie rod :rolleyes2:

I'm also eyeing the narrow PSC fender flares. It's purely aesthetic, so I doubt I'll replace the Bushwackers for the cost. But I LOVE the look of them.

166.jpg

167.jpg

168.jpg

169.jpg

170.jpg
Your tie rod is bent!

Build looks nice; a lot of blood, sweat, and tears, I'm sure.
Sent from my BNTV600 using WAYALIFE mobile app

bones37

Thanks guys. Yes, I know my tie rod is bent. I'm going to roll with it for now because I have replaced it twice already and everything is setup fine.

I have made a few orders (no pics yet) and will hopefully have some time work on the Jeep this weekend. I pulled the trigger on the PSC narrow crusher flares and some rear corner armor. I'm also going to replace the rear tailgate vent plate with an 'unbranded' cover. I may also relocate my CB mount. I really want to clean up the rear of the Jeep as it looks cluttery with the taillight covers and busy license plate area. I also plan on putting the stock side mirrors back on, but use relocation brackets. I have enjoyed the small profile of the Rugged Ridge mirrors, but they vibrate way too much to be effective (especially at night driving).

:beer:

Pictures soon

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Nice JK Rubi! Do you mostly wheel at KRocks? I go there for creepy crawl but I prefer Tuttle more. Plus Tuttle is free :D

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Sorry for the delayed replies and updates. A day after my last post, my son was born. He's the first boy in my family (to carry the name) since I was born in the past 30+ years :D. I've been pretty busy around the house and doing the car seat mod in my Jeep. Fortunately, we primarily use my wife's Traverse for just about everything. Here are a couple of pictures I had taken in my garage when he was about 8 days old.

35.jpg

37.jpg

40.jpg
Just saw this. Congrats! He has a nice full head of hair! Creative shots!

Sent from my BNTV600 using WAYALIFE mobile app

bones37

Here are some updates. I removed the Rugged Ridge mirrors that I was running full time and relocated the factory mirrors.

I have the fender flares pulled off right now because I received my PSC narrow crusher flares. BUT - once again, I'm going to head in a different direction. I love the look of the Jeep without the rear flares (from the back). I sold the flares and just ordered a set of front aluminum PSC narrow crusher flares. I'm also going to run a JCR rear fender delete plate in lieu of flares. I still have my rear aluminum corner guards to install, but haven't had time to mod or wheel.

I'm in the process of finishing my basement and it's taking forever. Here are a few pics. I should get the new flares in tomorrow. :beer:

171.jpg

172.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Here are some updates. I removed the Rugged Ridge mirrors that I was running full time and relocated the factory mirrors.

I have the fender flares pulled off right now because I received my PSC narrow crusher flares. BUT - once again, I'm going to head in a different direction. I love the look of the Jeep without the rear flares (from the back). I sold the flares and just ordered a set of front aluminum PSC narrow crusher flares. I'm also going to run a JCR rear fender delete plate in lieu of flares. I still have my rear aluminum corner guards to install, but haven't had time to mod or wheel.

I'm in the process of finishing my basement and it's taking forever. Here are a few pics. I should get the new flares in tomorrow. :beer:

Jeep looks good. :thumb:

Last edited:

bones37

Here are some updates for anyone that still looks at this..

I got the Poison Spyder aluminum narrow crusher fenders prepped, painted, and installed last weekend. I also put on the JCR Offroad rear fender flare deletes. Everything looks awesome. I need to refinish my rocker armor now because the new stuff looks too new :idontknow:

Also.. a few more finds: I decided to try out Bed Tred after seeing it on Amazon's warehouse deals for half off. I received it and it was brand new, so I ordered the rear too. The reasoning behind this (even though I already have the interior bedlined) is that I have little ones that crawl around my Jeep now and the previous finish was kind of abrasive. This is slightly softer and surprisingly, quiets down the cab a bit. I think I'll still pull it for wheeling because the plug holes are all covered. I also replaced my old worn slush mats with a new set.

The best find was a virtually brand new set of Bestop soft doors (lowers and uppers) for $200 on Craigslist. I have been holding out on these forever and finally found a deal I couldn't pass up. I have been running them ever since. I keep everything under the duster deck, including the folded seat in the event that I have to pick up one of the kids and put everything back.

My schedule frees up next month and I can't wait to get back out there. The last pic is the obligatory instagram filter.

Yes, I'm still driving on the bent tie rod.

What do you think?

173.jpg

174.jpg

175.jpg

176.jpg

177.jpg

178.jpg

179.jpg

180.jpg

RebelconJk

Nice! Your Jeep is looking good man! I'm diggin that CC front bumper, i was looking at that one myself. How do you like it?

Top Bottom