Draconianwinter's build post

Draconianwinter

My bumper all packaged up in my sleeper lol well as you can see u kinda took the sheets and bedding with the box putting it in lol oh well.

Attachments

• 1474305416287.jpg
    1474305416287.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 287

Big Bad Wolf

When we put "Poison Spyder" and "China" in the same sentence are we refering to the steel they use or the manufacturing ?

I just got off the phone with Poison Spyder and they said ALL their parts, bumpers, sliders, corners, flares (minus LED's, soft goods etc) are made in the USA. They said nothing has changed other than they have new owners.

Or are we just refering to steel they use ?

Draconianwinter

Literally just talked to them. And same thing all of their hard items are as it always has been and will always be made here in the USA. Sadly as far the steel goes idc who you get your products from our who made them chances are they don't even know if their steel was made in China or here. I drive a truck for a living and when I hauled steel they mix all of it in the same area so unless you are going to the producer themselves you will not likely know where the steel actually came from. I am sure most would like to think it is all American made even the steel but again I used to haul this stuff. I am sure they hope they are getting what they are pursuing for as well in the materials they make their product with as do I, but my thing is I prefer my money go to those who have good American workers making it. Just personal preference.

Big Bad Wolf

Draconianwinter,

Are you putting all your new parts on soon ? Look forward to seeing it.

I have grown a liking to Poison Spyder for their products and service. I just wanted to make sure I was not buying Chinese made items. Although I don't live in the USA I am next door and support anything made in either country.

I'm not quite as concerned about the steel, I just want to at least see them getting designed and built on our continent.

It's hard to avoid this stuff these days.. Even buying clothing is difficult as most is made in China with an American name in it.

Draconianwinter

Draconianwinter,

Are you putting all your new parts on soon ? Look forward to seeing it.

I have grown a liking to Poison Spyder for their products and service. I just wanted to make sure I was not buying Chinese made items. Although I don't live in the USA I am next door and support anything made in either country.

I'm not quite as concerned about the steel, I just want to at least see them getting designed and built on our continent.

It's hard to avoid this stuff these days.. Even buying clothing is difficult as most is made in China with an American name in it.

Yes as soon as I get home, hopefully this weekend my new poison spyder bumper is going on lol. And I agree with you 100% on product manufacture. Like I said I know way to much about the steel industry lol

Draconianwinter

I am hoping, God willing things continue to go well like they have been, then I am trying to buy at least one upgrade for my jeep every month as far as the single pieces go. The lift and tires will be done over a two month stretch once I get other things done first. I will be paying pictures of everything as I add them to the jeep. And now that I know possum spyder is going to continue as they have from day one I will be buying there side armor and the brawler rocker gaurds as well. Those will likely be shortly after my lift though

Big Bad Wolf

Nice! I am like you, adding parts slowly to the build. The catch is I have no Jeep to drive in the meantime. Check out my build thread, you will see why lol.

Draconianwinter

Got the new bumper on. Will be putting on a warn winch tonight. Oh and wayalife stickers for the windshield and doors lol. Well maybe if I can get them on strait lol

Attachments

• 1474660146590.jpg
    1474660146590.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:

Draconianwinter

Well got the winch pretty much installed. Have to get the back two bolts toughened and I am done with the winch install. Oh and have to get the rope spooled up lol

Draconianwinter

And the door decals are on. Abs damn talk about a pain in the ass to put onlol

Attachments

• 1474833187691.jpg
    1474833187691.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 239
  • 1474833243704.jpg
    1474833243704.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 252

Draconianwinter

So trying to cum up with a name for the jeep. Seriously thinking venom as I will be putting nearly all poison spyder on it. The rocker gaurds the bumpers and going to include differential covers a well

Draconianwinter

so one thing that is both a curse and a good thing is that we have so many choices for our builds. mine has changed directions already more than once.. so I currently have on order the evo leveling system. will be putting that on when I get back into town as it should be here by then. will also be ordering the mopar high top fenders and will then be going to a 35 inch tire. at some point I may change it to a 2.5 inch lift with the 35s just to give it more underside clearance. for now that is all I have, and also chose the name, and her name name is silver dollar.

thardy

Banned
so one thing that is both a curse and a good thing is that we have so many choices for our builds. mine has changed directions already more than once.. so I currently have on order the evo leveling system. will be putting that on when I get back into town as it should be here by then. will also be ordering the mopar high top fenders and will then be going to a 35 inch tire. at some point I may change it to a 2.5 inch lift with the 35s just to give it more underside clearance. for now that is all I have, and also chose the name, and her name name is silver dollar.

Being that you have a two door, I would go ahead and buy a set of 1.5" rear spacers. The 0.75" that comes with the leveling kit is not enough for the 2dr in my personal opinion and you will be riding nose high.

Good news is that running this setup, you will be able to run 35s without chopped or high line fenders. You're going to get a little over 2" of lift in the front with the springs already. To me, the perfect, cost effective setup for a 2dr is the front 2" plush ride, rear 1.5" spacer (or 2" OME springs), cut factory flares, and 37s!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

Being that you have a two door, I would go ahead and buy a set of 1.5" rear spacers. The 0.75" that comes with the leveling kit is not enough for the 2dr in my personal opinion and you will be riding nose high.

Good news is that running this setup, you will be able to run 35s without chopped or high line fenders. You're going to get a little over 2" of lift in the front with the springs already. To me, the perfect, cost effective setup for a 2dr is the front 2" plush ride, rear 1.5" spacer (or 2" OME springs), cut factory flares, and 37s!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nice. thanks for the info. I will make sure I look into the higher spacer or even the ome spring. now will the springs cause me to need a track bar relocation brackets to keep the axles centered properly?

Top Bottom