Draconianwinter's build post

Draconianwinter

I hear ya. I also believe vehicle weight has a lot to do with it too, especially with the Plush ride coils.

I'm just a huge fan of testing before spending a bunch of money on flares. All I was trying to get at.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Don't misunderstand me I am a fan of saving money if I can. My problem is that if I am going to rub on the 35s on the leveling kit then might as well just go straight to a enforcer. Problem with that is the amount of lift iv will end up with will literally cost me what 2 to 3k extra? 1600 on drive shaft replacement north front and rear. About 300 on the rear control arms then about 500 on adjustable track bars. Then 300 on the drag link flip kit. And yes I will do the enforcer lift at some point but the end of spring. But with the set up I am looking at for now this is pretty much all I really née to be able to run most trails in this area that are not to crazy. While not requiring me to spend an extra 3k to do it. And honestly I was actually thinking of likely just doing a budget boost to level it out and only raise it about 1.5 inches.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

thardy

Banned
Don't misunderstand me I am a fan of saving money if I can. My problem is that if I am going to rub on the 35s on the leveling kit then might as well just go straight to a enforcer. Problem with that is the amount of lift iv will end up with will literally cost me what 2 to 3k extra? 1600 on drive shaft replacement north front and rear. About 300 on the rear control arms then about 500 on adjustable track bars. Then 300 on the drag link flip kit. And yes I will do the enforcer lift at some point but the end of spring. But with the set up I am looking at for now this is pretty much all I really née to be able to run most trails in this area that are not to crazy. While not requiring me to spend an extra 3k to do it. And honestly I was actually thinking of likely just doing a budget boost to level it out and only raise it about 1.5 inches.

I completely understand. Just hate to see ya shell out $700 for those flares if you don't have to.

Draconianwinter

I hear ya. I also believe vehicle weight has a lot to do with it too, especially with the Plush ride coils.

I'm just a huge fan of testing before spending a bunch of money on flares. All I was trying to get at.

One thing I am trying to do right now is get the clearances I need to start running larger obstacles out here and for that I really don't need a lot of extra lift. As of right now though I am stuck on fairly easy to run trails and I like the trails I can run now, buy I am planning on likely hitting the rubicon this coming summer. Either that or moab. And running easy trails on stock tires don't really allow me to get the practice I need for running things out there. Hell even Prentice cooper has a trail I could use to practice larger obstacles on but I am sitting about 3 inches to low. I also want to start going to wind rock more this spring as they have many more choices on trails. And I definitely need feed back so don't think I am not very happy with all these replies. I am very grateful I am not used to these suspension systems so if there is a better option I will gladly take it. Hell no telling how many things I am over looking do to the major differences in these jeeps over my old cj7s. So yes I am definitely reading everything you guys write. I want to do my jeep correctly for what I am wanting to do. The end result is that it will be on a 3 inch enforcer lift and that is as high as I will ever lift it. And as far as help with things go I will never turn down assistance with anything I am doing to this jeep. Y'all have way more experience with them than I do. So by all means feel free to make any suggestions and hell I will gladly meet anyone from this area that would like to assist me with settng this thing up once Ifigure out, and get everything I need to for it to clear these 35s. This is why I posted my plans on how I was looking at doing this. I am picky about my jeep and I want it right when I am done. First to admit idk shit about the jk models. It's why I am here. [emoji106]

trailless

Caught the Bug
One thing I am trying to do right now is get the clearances I need to start running larger obstacles out here and for that I really don't need a lot of extra lift. As of right now though I am stuck on fairly easy to run trails and I like the trails I can run now, buy I am planning on likely hitting the rubicon this coming summer. Either that or moab. And running easy trails on stock tires don't really allow me to get the practice I need for running things out there. Hell even Prentice cooper has a trail I could use to practice larger obstacles on but I am sitting about 3 inches to low. I also want to start going to wind rock more this spring as they have many more choices on trails. And I definitely need feed back so don't think I am not very happy with all these replies. I am very grateful I am not used to these suspension systems so if there is a better option I will gladly take it. Hell no telling how many things I am over looking do to the major differences in these jeeps over my old cj7s. So yes I am definitely reading everything you guys write. I want to do my jeep correctly for what I am wanting to do. The end result is that it will be on a 3 inch enforcer lift and that is as high as I will ever lift it. And as far as help with things go I will never turn down assistance with anything I am doing to this jeep. Y'all have way more experience with them than I do. So by all means feel free to make any suggestions and hell I will gladly meet anyone from this area that would like to assist me with settng this thing up once Ifigure out, and get everything I need to for it to clear these 35s. This is why I posted my plans on how I was looking at doing this. I am picky about my jeep and I want it right when I am done. First to admit idk shit about the jk models. It's why I am here. [emoji106]

You should check out Big Fork RD. It's right down the street from Prentice Cooper and there are better trails there. That's where my profile picture was taken. You just take a right once you get to Mcdowells Nursery and stay left. Just don't go by yourself.

Draconianwinter

You should check out Big Fork RD. It's right down the street from Prentice Cooper and there are better trails there. That's where my profile picture was taken. You just take a right once you get to Mcdowells Nursery and stay left. Just don't go by yourself.
Sounds good. Maybe we can plan a trip once I get this thing done lol

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I think to stop fender rubbing with the 2" evo coils, you'd just need 2" bumpstops instead of the 1" stops that Gregmort isy using. Definitely cut the fender instead of buying, it is super easy. 2" evo coils will get you about 3" of lift on a 2 door, essentially what a 4 door will get with the enforcer, so you should be good there.

Draconianwinter

I think to stop fender rubbing with the 2" evo coils, you'd just need 2" bumpstops instead of the 1" stops that Gregmort isy using. Definitely cut the fender instead of buying, it is super easy. 2" evo coils will get you about 3" of lift on a 2 door, essentially what a 4 door will get with the enforcer, so you should be good there.
Ty for the reply

Draconianwinter

Well finally got the crash bar off. Have some items shipping out today. This includes my shocks and then I added 1.75 inch coil spacers along with evo oil pan, trans, and evap skids

Draconianwinter

Here is my jeep with the psc brawler lite skid plate and the 1.5 inch wheel spacers. I really like how it looks, can't wait to get some other things on it once they all come in. Leveling kit from evo skid plates from evo and maxiss razr mt's 35x12.50r17.
20161121_032624.jpg

Draconianwinter

Got my rancho shocks in today. A couple more pieces now all that is left is is the 1.75" spring spacers for the rear. That will be all the suspension pieces in

Last edited:
Top Bottom