Draconianwinter's build post

JKbrick

It was the 2 inch evo coils or supposed to be. The tag on the coils actually say rancho lol but yes the 2 inch plush ride coils and we put on 1.75 inch synergy spacers in the rear

sent from your basement

The EVO coils I received had no tags, stickers, markings, or numbers on them anywhere. The box said "EVO hd leveling kit"

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

bonedaddy

Looks awesome Brian!

Yeah I thought that was a very interesting tidbit of info when Trevor told us about the springs ... makes me wonder about the Enforcer kits and if those are rancho springs we will be stuffing under ... grand scheme doesn't really matter much to me since I will be running the 4" Enforcer, but would like to know just how much EVO uses from Rancho and if the Enforcer kits are kind of just glorified Rancho kits ... [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

JKbrick

The ironic thing to me in this is I was looking for 2" front springs and I emailed Wes at Trail Jeeps and asked him if he could get the 2" Rancho springs, he said no he didn't have any experience with them and sold me EVO 2" springs, which I'm perfectly fine with. Just funny to me

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

Looks awesome Brian!

Yeah I thought that was a very interesting tidbit of info when Trevor told us about the springs ... makes me wonder about the Enforcer kits and if those are rancho springs we will be stuffing under ... grand scheme doesn't really matter much to me since I will be running the 4" Enforcer, but would like to know just how much EVO uses from Rancho and if the Enforcer kits are kind of just glorified Rancho kits ... [emoji1303]

Yeah I am definitely not worried about it. one I do know is that is only a very small number of places capable of making springs in the USA any more so it only makes sense that they are either using the exact same facility that rancho uses. I believe Trevor asked and was told they were made in the same place. Either way I am happy and like how it handles.

Draconianwinter

Looks great! Can't wait to see more of your build!

Yeah have a definitely a couple more things in the near future, hopefully very near. Love the way she sits and love the how the tires look on her. Have the trans and oil pan skid from evo to put on and the psc evap skids. Just need to quit being so damn lazy and get them on lol

sent from your basement

Draconianwinter

Yes I do need scratches on it and thanks WJCO. Will say I won't be installing anymore of them. Lol they are well made, but those clips in the two lines you have to remove while the top one is not to bad the bottom one is a huge pain, putting it back in is ten times worse lol

sent from your basement

Draconianwinter

So I am at the dealership where I purchased my jeep came in for the crash sensor recall. Well just found out that the manual also has a recall on the shift linkage to , or I think that's what he said it was, anyway didn't know it 2 recaps so getting them both today. If you have a manual 2016 I would advise checking on any recalls involving the crash sensor and the shift linkage or what ever it was will post up after I am done here today as to exactly what all was done and what the 2nd recall is.

sent from your basement

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So I am at the dealership where I purchased my jeep came in for the crash sensor recall. Well just found out that the manual also has a recall on the shift linkage to , or I think that's what he said it was, anyway didn't know it 2 recaps so getting them both today. If you have a manual 2016 I would advise checking on any recalls involving the crash sensor and the shift linkage or what ever it was will post up after I am done here today as to exactly what all was done and what the 2nd recall is.

sent from your basement

Are you saying this is something that only pertains to manuals? If so, it should apply to all years or at least, 2012-up being that they are all the same. Whatever the case, please keep us up to speed on what you find and if it's important, I'd be grateful if you could start a new thread on it. :)

Draconianwinter

Are you saying this is something that only pertains to manuals? If so, it should apply to all years or at least, 2012-up being that they are all the same. Whatever the case, please keep us up to speed on what you find and if it's important, I'd be grateful if you could start a new thread on it. :)
Started a thread on jk tech on it. Not sure what all years were effected it has something to do with the shift lever and the rubber boot they used is causing it to stick. And yes only pertains to the manuals. I also added that those with manuals should check with their dealer to see if it effected theirs as well. While they are the same transmission not sure if maybe the rubber boots used might be different, so definitely make sure to call and ask about it if your are running a manual transmission

sent from your basement

Top Bottom