Scott and Bryan's Excellent Adventure

GraniteCrystal

Fantastic pictures man, definitely living vicariously through you guys on this adventure!

Totally stole the picture of the campfire and am now using it as my iPhone screensaver. :)

Awesome views! I love the view from the top of Cottonwood to Taylor resevior. It won't be long and the whole Cottonwood pass will paved from BV to Taylor.

Thanks for sharing. Looks like a fantastic trip.

Now that's a view to take in .. Great photos keep them coming

Awesome pics. Glad you guys are having a good time! Keep the documentation coming :)

Thanks so much guys! Glad you're enjoying.

GraniteCrystal

OK, update for today. Left Buena Vista and drove up Cottonwood Pass which was amazing. It's paved to the top then turns to an easy dirt road for miles as you wind through the valley toward Taylor Pass. We aired down for the first time on the trip at the Taylor Pass trail head then began our ascent. Watched an elderly guy in a TJ ram his way through before deciding we could take it on. So glad we did. Made it through the creek, up the other side, and on to Taylor Lake where we camped for the night. Got up early this morning to catch the sunrise and rode Richmond Hill to Aspen Mountain and down into a little place where the beer flows like wine...Aspen. Grabbed some lunch, made a pit stop at Maroon Bells, then drove home to Denver.

Attachments

• 1471910699785.jpg
    1471910699785.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 209
  • 1471910795566.jpg
    1471910795566.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 219
  • 1471910810895.jpg
    1471910810895.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 215
  • 1471910834327.jpg
    1471910834327.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 216
  • 1471910845083.jpg
    1471910845083.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 217
  • 1471910924681.jpg
    1471910924681.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 213
  • 1471910958780.jpg
    1471910958780.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 214

GraniteCrystal

That's the end of the trip but there will be plenty more pics to come. This is just off my cell phone; none off my buddy's DSLR camera and he has some amazing ones, especially some night shots. We'll start going through those and post up.

Also, so many thoughts on the Jeep and the mods I've done. What worked well. What didn't. What I need to do as next steps for it. I'll cover all that in my build thread.

Overall, the trip was amazing and the Jeep performed so well. It's a huge risk taking a $40,000 vehicle in the backcountry where you could break down but the Jeep never let me down. Such a beast. Blew my friend's mind what it could conquer. Never have loved my Jeep more.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
looks like a blast was had by you 2 ... the views were killer , can't wait to see some of the shots off the dslr .. wish I would've thought of doing something like this when I went off in june to Gila n.f. , Death Valley , and Moab , before heading home ...

Corby417

At 11,884' and got cell service again. Ran Lime Creek but it looks permanently closed.

Kinda late to the game here, but I guess Like Creek used to be a loop but they closed it a while ago. Past that gate is a hiking/biking trail only now and some good camping too if you don't mind the hike. There's a really good bike trail that'll take you into the back side of Vail from there too.

Great pictures though, I'm envious of your trip! Hope you guys had a blast. If you ever find yourself in the Vail Valley to do some wheeling, let me know if you need a buddy to tag along.

bthomas

What a great adventure! Thanks for sharing, Your pics came out great, beautiful country for sure. Can't wait for the SLR's.

RUBEERCON

Isn't it bear country? Figured those Hammocks would be higher up off ground but I don't know much about the subject, just curious. Thanks for sharing the adventure.

WJCO

Meme King
Isn't it bear country? Figured those Hammocks would be higher up off ground but I don't know much about the subject, just curious. Thanks for sharing the adventure.

We have black bears here. Just keep food away from your sleeping area. They rarely bother people unless they smell food on you or are protecting their young.

GraniteCrystal

Yep, what the other guys shared. We stored our food a good distance away from the hammocks, hung in a tree off the ground. Also slept with bear spray in the hammock just in case. Had deer come through our camp 2/3 nights but no bears. Also got to see two bull moose, one which was pretty large and a few very nice bucks in the daylight.

WJCO

Meme King
Yep, what the other guys shared. We stored our food a good distance away from the hammocks, hung in a tree off the ground. Also slept with bear spray in the hammock just in case. Had deer come through our camp 2/3 nights but no bears. Also got to see two bull moose, one which was pretty large and a few very nice bucks in the daylight.

I truthfully worry more about moose. I sleep with 50 caliber spray when camping. :D

DINKELROC

Great photos, that is some "Bucket List" stuff right there. Looking forward to the rest of the pics, thanks for posting this thread. :thumb:

Top Bottom