New Evo Mfg pro series hinged gate

BaddestCross

The dude I talked to said it would be out "soon". Also, he clarified that it is a roto pax mount. Not Jerry can if I understood correctly.

Yeah, rotopax is what I understood too. Was confused because there's even a part number listed in the gate description for the mount, but a search came up with nothing but the gate. 🤔

Evil

Evil, I'm going to be installing mine this weekend. I took the stock carrier off today.

What did you do for the stock isolator holes, third light hole and stuff?

There should be 2 plugs in the hardware kit that plug the 2 holes on the left side of the gate. The 3rd hole is covered with the carrier itself.

I'm looking at getting a grommet kit or something.

Dont waste your money

Also, I see you went with the highest position possible. Since it would be a pain in the ass to move it, how do you feel about it being that high? I was thinking I'd do middle.

The pics I posted were sent to me via request on FB from EVO MFG. That is not my Jeep or my carrier. I have seen it in person at ORE and Ill say it flat out after wanting to go all in on this thing, its not the carrier for me. I ended up going with my original plans of the corner armor and the tire cage. I was well advised that if you take a hit hard enough on the tire, you will cause damage to the tailgate and whatever else.

It is a bad ass carrier and well built. Think hard on what you do and how you do it, you may love and it might work out for you. I love it and will not run it :D

I was looking on the EVO site hoping to see the gas can mounts they say it supports, but I didn't even see the mounts available for sale. Anyone seen them?

Check their IG or FB, after the show you are going to see pics of all kinds of new stuff, I heard the lic plate relocation bracket that works with this carrier and the gas can holder.

:rock:

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Evil, I'm going to be installing mine this weekend. I took the stock carrier off today.

What did you do for the stock isolator holes, third light hole and stuff?

I'm looking at getting a grommet kit or something.

Also, I see you went with the highest position possible. Since it would be a pain in the ass to move it, how do you feel about it being that high? I was thinking I'd do middle.

Matt, check these out: Tailgate UFOs

that looks good ------- AEV bumper mounted carrier for sale....anyone? lol

How much and would you ship to NC?

boardsurfer

I like this very much, might be a good set up. I do wonder about the antenna mount. Is there enough room for a standard cable mount or will it need a 90 degree elbow.

It's going to be tight. There needs to be a hole directly under the mount. Maybe I can drill one.

7jr5HhU.jpg

9WwyWIV.jpg

boardsurfer

I got a plasma cutter and a welder. Hit me up if you need to fab something.

Thanks for the offer. I'm all about busting out the big guns, but I think a simple drill will do the trick here. It's hollow behind there. :cheesy:

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

I havent seen anyone receiving theirs yet, but I got mine in today. Here are some first impressions. The attachment wont let me put them in order so you'll just get this big pile of pictures. There are some shots of the welds, the integrated antenna mount (nice touch!) and general shots. If this thing fails or cracks in any way I would be shocked. Note that there are 3 slots for bolting on the actual tire carrier piece as opposed two slots on the Crawler Concepts. I'm sure the CC piece is plenty strong but that bit is what was holding me back.
There are welds everywhere. Absolutely solid.

Shipping weight is 48lbs but it sure feels like a lot more. I'll put it on this weekend and report back if anyone is interested.

http://imgur.com/vo30JYb

Check your hardware...I got the wrong nuts with mine so I'm not able to install it until I put the tailgate back together and can make it to the hardware store.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

boardsurfer

Check your hardware...I got the wrong nuts with mine so I'm not able to install it until I put the tailgate back together and can make it to the hardware store.

Lol, I just came here to post the same thing! Bolts are 7/16-20 and the nuts were 7/16-14. I had to run out to Ace Hardware to get replacements. Fortunately they are used in Step 2 so I wasnt quite neck deep in tools and parts yet.

MattMc

I was just texting THardy about this. Was trying to put mine together and the nuts seem wrong. Also, the instructions say that those bolts are 11/16, but the ones I have on hand are 5/8. Also, the hinge bolts are too big for the hinge holes.

I'm gonna email EVO tonight or tomorrow. I'm not a fan of buying hardware when I paid for it already.

boardsurfer

I was just texting THardy about this. Was trying to put mine together and the nuts seem wrong. Also, the instructions say that those bolts are 11/16, but the ones I have on hand are 5/8. Also, the hinge bolts are too big for the hinge holes.

I'm gonna email EVO tonight or tomorrow. I'm not a fan of buying hardware when I paid for it already.

Re; Hinge bolts - they are tight, but mine fit with some persuasion. My other issue was getting that steel sleeve into the bracket. It was insanely tight and I had to bend the bracket a little to even get it started. I know it is supposed to have tight tolerances, but the other bracket wasnt near as tough to get together.

If you had it powder coated, you may have to do some shaving.

Last edited:

MattMc

Re; Hinge bolts - they are tight, but mine fit with some persuasion. My other issue was getting that steel sleeve into the bracket. It was insanely tight and I had to bend the bracket a little to even get it started. I know it is supposed to have tight tolerances, but the other bracket wasnt near as tough to get together.

If you had it powder coated, you may have to do some shaving.

Is yours powder coated?

boardsurfer

I bet its for the 3rd brake light cabling in the tailgate. once you pull that back in or do something else with it there will be an empty hole there.

Top Bottom