Add-Ons questions

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
Dual is good, not mandatory, but you may want to upgrade your mopar battery to help handle the increased occasional load.

Dual batteries is almost pointless and takes up a crap load of valuable space. Just an opinion of someone with dual batteries.

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
So not even "good." Good to know. Guess just the upgrade if one chooses?

Just one good one will do. I also was stuck on having the dual ARB compressor but unless you are filling 40s regularly, I think it takes up too much space as well, makes it almost impossible to get to the brake fluid reservoir and requires you to buy a separate manifold for air lockers. For the average joe, stick with the single.

JAGS

Hooked
Just one good one will do. I also was stuck on having the dual ARB compressor but unless you are filling 40s regularly, I think it takes up too much space as well, makes it almost impossible to get to the brake fluid reservoir and requires you to buy a separate manifold for air lockers. For the average joe, stick with the single.

I've heard that about the ARB from a few folks now.

Not my thread, but thanks for posting up as its always better to hear first hand experience. You are one of only a few who I've seen running the dual, say it's not that great of an upgrade.

I've heard that about the ARB from a few folks now.

Not my thread, but thanks for posting up as its always better to hear first hand experience. You are one of only a few who I've seen running the dual, say it's not that great of an upgrade.

I ran a dual in my last JK and loved it. I'm running a single right now and HATE filling my 37's... too damn much time

jkwebbie

Dual batteries is almost pointless and takes up a crap load of valuable space. Just an opinion of someone with dual batteries.

That's the truth. My buddy had dual batteries in his JK for less than a year and decided to go back to a single battery. He actually moved his ARB compressor into the dual battery tray mount somehow. Freed up a little room under the hood

Alright so I want to go with the Cobra 75, the hand held one, with a cooltech mount, possibly external speaker, and then I need help deciding between a 3' tunable tip firestick, or just a 4' fire stick. Any opinions are welcome!

For the lights check out inspired engineering. They have good reviews and decent prices. I'm ordering from them in the next couple of weeks for head lights. I'm not to the auxiliary lighting part of my build but as of now I plan on using them then as well.

X2 on Inspired. I run their lights all over my Jeeps.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Alright so I want to go with the Cobra 75, the hand held one, with a cooltech mount, possibly external speaker, and then I need help deciding between a 3' tunable tip firestick, or just a 4' fire stick. Any opinions are welcome!

I had a 3' Firestik II on my last Jeep, with a Cobra 75 & it was fine. My current rig has a Midland 1001Z, and I had to get a 4' Firestik II, to get my SWR in a decent range. Idk if having a hardtop now, vs. a soft top on the other, had anything to do with it.

I had a 3' Firestik II on my last Jeep, with a Cobra 75 & it was fine. My current rig has a Midland 1001Z, and I had to get a 4' Firestik II, to get my SWR in a decent range. Idk if having a hardtop now, vs. a soft top on the other, had anything to do with it.

What is the difference between a tuneable and non-tuneable tip?

MattMc

What is the difference between a tuneable and non-tuneable tip?

A tunable tip has a small screw and lock nut to lengthen or shorten the antenna for tuning. A non-tunable will have to be cut for tuning, and thus can only be tuned to be shorter, and obviously once cut, it is permanent.

So back to lighting, what do you guys use for back up lighting? I was thinking using the mounts that screw on the top of the tail lights and then throwing on Rigid Industries SR-Q Diffused 60 Degree pattern. Does anyone run these specific lights? I'm trying to decide if these or just floods would be better? Thanks guys!

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
So back to lighting, what do you guys use for back up lighting? I was thinking using the mounts that screw on the top of the tail lights and then throwing on Rigid Industries SR-Q Diffused 60 Degree pattern. Does anyone run these specific lights? I'm trying to decide if these or just floods would be better? Thanks guys!

Before I got the evo corners this was my plan, but then I ended up getting those and needed a different solution. I ended up getting some cheap 4" floods and mounted them to the frame crossmember under the tail gate, and they work very well for a reverse light. Before that I was running a set of Dually floods.

Thanks guys for all of the input. I have decided on going with a sPOD and an ARB twin air compressor under the hood. What are some mounts that you guys use (i.e. a dual mount or two different mounts that will both fit). Also I am considering buying the plug and play adapter for the compressor to the sPOD. I know a lot of you guys disagree with the sPOD company name and company all around but I am deciding to go this route due to the simplicity of the install, the factory finish look, and so I can have 6 flip switches.

Thanks guys!

Top Bottom