Add-Ons questions

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks guys for all of the input. I have decided on going with a sPOD and an ARB twin air compressor under the hood. What are some mounts that you guys use (i.e. a dual mount or two different mounts that will both fit). Also I am considering buying the plug and play adapter for the compressor to the sPOD. I know a lot of you guys disagree with the sPOD company name and company all around but I am deciding to go this route due to the simplicity of the install, the factory finish look, and so I can have 6 flip switches.

Thanks guys!

Well, first of all, fuck spod. But as far as your compressor goes, I know of 3 mounts: EVO, Carolina Metal Masters, and M.O.R.E. I've heard good about all of them. The CMM one goes under your seat, not under the hood.

sjd78

Anyone run the sPOD and a twin ARB air compressor under the hood?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

The owner of sPod is a dick! Last year I tried talking with him regarding his product at the offroad expo and he was rude as fuck. I went with a Switch-Pros and couldn't be happier! Their customer service is fantastic! I can't say enough great things about them seriously. That said I'm running the Switch-Pros and ARB twin compressor mounted on a Metalcloak under hood mount. The switch panel I located in front of the shift lever using a Daystar lower dash mount. It turned out great! I would seriously look into Switch-Pros, they offer so much more for less money than sPod.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
The owner of sPod is a dick! Last year I tried talking with him regarding his product at the offroad expo and he was rude as fuck. I went with a Switch-Pros and couldn't be happier! Their customer service is fantastic! I can't say enough great things about them seriously. That said I'm running the Switch-Pros and ARB twin compressor mounted on a Metalcloak under hood mount. The switch panel I located in front of the shift lever using a Daystar lower dash mount. It turned out great! I would seriously look into Switch-Pros, they offer so much more for less money than sPod.

The tight wad got caught pimping his product on the forum, under multiple accounts, then still could have become a forum sponsor, but no. He'd rather try to get free advertising, by acting like he was a regular forum member.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, I caught sPOD red handed trying to undercover pimp by trying to be a regular member. The proof of it can be found here:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?15125-sPOD-Honesty-Integrity-and-the-Lack-Thereof

I know there are many in this country who no longer care about things like honesty and integrity but I still care about them. If you don't care and really want to buy their product in spite of what they've been caught doing, don't let me stand in your way.

sjd78

As mentioned, I caught sPOD red handed trying to undercover pimp by trying to be a regular member. The proof of it can be found here:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?15125-sPOD-Honesty-Integrity-and-the-Lack-Thereof

I know there are many in this country who no longer care about things like honesty and integrity but I still care about them. If you don't care and really want to buy their product in spite of what they've been caught doing, don't let me stand in your way.

Even more reason I'm glad I went with Switch-Pros...

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
So back to lighting, what do you guys use for back up lighting? I was thinking using the mounts that screw on the top of the tail lights and then throwing on Rigid Industries SR-Q Diffused 60 Degree pattern. Does anyone run these specific lights? I'm trying to decide if these or just floods would be better? Thanks guys!

Not sure if you ever got these, but I have the SR-M on my rear cross member and I wish they were a little brighter. I'd say the SR-Q with 4 LEDs over 2 would be ideal.

SPOOOBY

I seriously wanted the spod till i read this,i wont be buying one now,cause honesty,and integrity is all we really have,i cant stand a liar or a thief and he is obviously both[emoji12]

If your not living and having fun,your dead already

Okay so after some thought I will put my "looks" preference aside and check into the Switch Pro system. Could you guys post some pics of places where you installed the switch panel. Also a possible overview of install/ what I'll need to do it.

Thanks guys!

Okay so after some thought I will put my "looks" preference aside and check into the Switch Pro system. Could you guys post some pics of places where you installed the switch panel. Also a possible overview of install/ what I'll need to do it.

Thanks guys!

Or possibly point me into the direction of a thread that shows/ tells about the system. [emoji106]🏻

swampdog

Thanks guys!

Super easy install, great tech support, and an all around awesome product.

I mounted mine above the rear view mirror and ran the wiring in the trim. IMG_1477079114.374664.jpg

boardsurfer

This only works if you have manual windows, but I put mine front and center. It's small enough to not be in the way.

JbcK3MU.jpg

I put mine on the left side of the steering wheel bolted to the plastic, just above the speaker. Where the factory rubi locker buttons are

Top Bottom