The TRUE Face of the all NEW 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
The wife says 'yuk, looks like a Renegade only bigger'. Have to agree, not a big fan but they do have a tendency to grow on us after a while. I guess time will tell.

You make a good point about things 'growing on us'. The same thing has happened with each new generation of Wrangler that has come out, yet each has been more capable than the last. Hell, I remember the day I first saw a 4 door Wrangler and thought the world was going to end. Same story when I fist saw the new Rubicon wheels. I thought they were so fugly at first, and over the years my mind has changed. I now happen to think the Rubi wheels with 35s look great. Only time will tell what the JL will actually look like.

I'm going against the current here and I'll say that I like the new front grille. You can also tell they raised the beltline of the doors so I'm glad they copied the F150 door design to give the lost visibility back. The mirrors look a little more sporty too, which I like.

I think most commenters are having a hard time picturing what this would look like when it's fully modded. Now that I'm used to my '13 JKU on 37's, I think stock JKs are fugly. If someone could mock up a concept of this JL with 37's, some modified fender flares, new bumpers and sliders and some KMC Machetes, I bet more people would be lining up to buy one.

I can't wait to see what Eddie and Mel can do to this when they get their hands on one!

View attachment 227703

I have to agree with you on this. I think the JL on a 35-37 inch tire and some bumpers and sliders will look like a completely different animal. I find myself hoping the new truck looks similar to the scale model and that EVO makes some bolt on coilovers for that sumbitch!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Recurve

Maybe I'm odd one here, but I like the looks of that small scale model with the renegade grill.

Cut the fenders , take off the plastic side trim, replace with body armor, throw some 37s and beadlocks on, then a stubby bumper with stinger.... It's looking pretty badass

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe I'm odd one here, but I like the looks of that small scale model with the renegade grill.

Cut the fenders , take off the plastic side trim, replace with body armor, throw some 37s and beadlocks on, then a stubby bumper with stinger.... It's looking pretty badass

You're about as odd as me. Like you, the scale model looks nice and while I don't think it'll have the Renegade grill, I wish it would. Once lifted, trimmed and running 37's or bigger, I think this thing will look pretty nice. :yup:

Recurve

You're about as odd as me. Like you, the scale model looks nice and while I don't think it'll have the Renegade grill, I wish it would. Once lifted, trimmed and running 37's or bigger, I think this thing will look pretty nice. :yup:

For sure , funny I think the defining feature of the renegade is the grill. It looks great.

Brute

Hooked
With the passage of time, things begin to grow on you, as will this new Wrangler...when the Renegade first came out, I wasn't too thrilled with it; but now, after seeing quite a few running around, I've grown to like it...enough to consider getting a used one for my daughter's first car...and after a couple years, if she gets another car, I'll take her Renegade and chop it up, throw in a small block V8, PR60's & 37's on it just for grins & giggles...

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
With the passage of time, things begin to grow on you, as will this new Wrangler...when the Renegade first came out, I wasn't too thrilled with it; but now, after seeing quite a few running around, I've grown to like it...enough to consider getting a used one for my daughter's first car...and after a couple years, if she gets another car, I'll take her Renegade and chop it up, throw in a small block V8, PR60's & 37's on it just for grins & giggles...
You should do Dynatracs IFS/IRS PR60s instead. :yup:

Sent from my LG-D851 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wee Nut

I, too, am new to Jeeps. I think Jeep is being smart, and I'm glad that once my 2016 gets old, there will be a replacement that is desirable. If I don't like the grill, then there'll be a bunch of options to change it out.

I've gone off-road with diesel, and this could be a game changer from that perspective and fuel economy. I am looking forward to the pick-up truck, as well.

I am glad they are somewhat sticking to the original styling - unlike what Land Rover did to destroy the Discovery...ugh. That makes my eyes hurt. So, I say good job to Jeep if they stick to the styling and can produce something fun and off-road worthy with all of the new economy standards coming our way.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug

I am glad they are somewhat sticking to the original styling - unlike what Land Rover did to destroy the Discovery...ugh.

I will never understand why LR did that. Why not rebadge the LR4 as the discovery, as the looks are very similar and it was built to replace the disco. In my opinion they should have introduced what is now the discovery as a new model.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JamesWyatt

Looking at the black door uppers against the white lowers, it sure mimics the look of half doors. Sure would be nice if they offer a non-power, modular version of the doors.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wolfdog2014

Hugly

Looks to me me like a re-introduced Patriot from yesteryear...HUGLY. :asshat: FIAT out to ruin the Jeep line...get 'em out of the country, again! :bowdown:

desertrunner

all i can say is if the JL actually looks anything like that model im glad im buying another JK BEFORE this comes out and used JKs skyrocket in price. That thing is FUGLY!!!! Although the model doesnt really look like the shadow banner picture of the JL so........ i just really hope that renegade looking grill was an early mock up and it turns out more JK looking

Top Bottom