The TRUE Face of the all NEW 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler

Damtall55

Being that my 2012 JKU was my first Jeep ever (hey, being 6'10 has a lot of disadvantages, including fitting in 2 door TJ's and older/smaller Wranglers), I don't think I like the look of the new 4 door!! It has stolen too much from the Renegade and made it look cheap(er) and more plastic-oriented!! I do however like the handles on the top of the hard top. No need to go out and buy a rack to carry things, as long as those handles are weight bearing!! Overall, I think I will stick with my JKU and buy a used 2015/16 once this one kicks the bucket!! Of course opinions are like buttholes, everybody has one, including this noob Jeep guy!!

garndawg

This does not jive with the "I got a 2018 hood by mistake" thread at all

If you look at the earlier thread, where the hood is too long, that doesn't match the highly shaded pics. No rubber snubs and footman loop on the shaded pics like the 'accidental' 2018 hood.

Also, the model doesn't make the shaded pics either. For starters, the grill in the shade looks really close to a JK (wider, extends down to the bumper, etc), while the model looks like a Renegade. No fender LED leading lights in the model, which we know is in the 2018. Also the windshield in the shaded pic is very much like a JK's tetrahedron shape, where the model has those funny truncated corners at the bottom.

Overall, I'd say the model was an early artist's concept. Several years ago, I worked in a wind tunnel and saw preproduction vehicles all the time (had to sign a nondisclosure, too). Clay models and the early hand-built cars rarely looked the same.

My opinion only, but I'm beginning to believe the 2018 will be evolutionary from the JK as opposed to a clean sheet redesign. I'll still keep my JKUR, but I'm encouraged to see this. Also, I would think the aftermarket is hoping for commonality as much as possible, and would have lobbied heavily for that as well.

JDalcour

I dont understand how some people can make such hard opinions on what theyll purchase based off such a small glimpse. Can we all wait to fully see it and confirm some things before deciding. Some people are so dramatic LOL we cant even really see the damn thing

ob_tj

Saw this this morning on synergys page... it looks a lot like like a Renegade slammed into a JK.. I don't know how I feel about the look yet..

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Saw this this morning on synergys page... it looks a lot like like a Renegade slammed into a JK.. I don't know how I feel about the look yet..

LOL!! Yeah, the pics we posted up of it yesterday are finally starting to make their rounds.

Me, I'm really starting to like it. I especially like how the glass on the doors sit lower and follow the body lines to the back giving it more of a half door look. I don't know if the production hood will actually look like that but I sure hope it does because I'm really liking it more and more now too :yup:

ob_tj

LOL!! Yeah, the pics we posted up of it yesterday are finally starting to make their rounds.

Me, I'm really starting to like it. I especially like how the glass on the doors sit lower and follow the body lines to the back giving it more of a half door look. I don't know if the production hood will actually look like that but I sure hope it does because I'm really liking it more and more now too :yup:
I do like how the door handles are even with each other! And the front fenders kind of remind me of the fenders on the YJ.

trailraider

styling to me looks very similar to the H3's.

it may take a while to grow on people initially, but lots of people hated the JK when it first came out.

Last edited:

Jeepride

So are the window surrounds metal on the new JKUs? And will they still be removable when you take the top and doors off?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I don't like the renegade grill and front. The rest of the vehicle I could get used to (provided the plastic is removable).

Top Bottom