The TRUE Face of the all NEW 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler

Necro

What do you mean when you say "They did it with the Renegade that was a top of the line by that time"? As far as I know, the Renegade is a new line based off a Fiat 500. Otherwise all other "Renegades" were trim packages of other lines. Try using the American Language if you want to get a point across. [emoji849]

I suspect he's more old school and referring to the original Renegade trim package for the CJ series of Jeeps and stating the new "Renegade" model that is being produced is an inferior knock off etc.

macaw1

The Compass lives in the JL...Just look at that butt ugly grill !

No Patriot or Compass in the photo! The new Wrangler looks extremely close to the JK and the Wagoneer looks very cool (and big) but I am afraid the Wagoneer may be short-lived (ie. Commander).

Necro

As far as the topic on hand, I'm now more interested in the Grand Wagoneer than the new JL. Like what was earlier stated I'm also glad the new JL looks like a JK for the most part except with some of the cool parts missing. That makes our JKs more desirable by default so the value of them will remain high. Kinda like the LJ still commands a premium over the TJ. If the new GW turns out to be awesome I might just have to trade in my 7.3 Excursion... OK

vgullotta

I think this is an accurate version of what the JL will look like. Notice how the hard top is in panels and how there is a C-Pillar. While you will be able to remove the top, it will structurally always be more like a full body. This follows what we've been hearing for a while now. What I want to see is what will it look like with a soft top - or, what we've been hearing about soft top "panels".

Soft top panels sounds interesting, but I bet they don't get near the consumer traction that the hard top will with the way the C-Pillars are. I think it's going to look funny if it's not a tight flat panel complimenting the more full body look. If they are panels, I wonder how you would store them. They probably fold up and store in the rear and take up all your rear cargo space (at least in the 2dr), and probably don't save you any space over the hard top panels. All you really gain in this instance seem to be more road noise. Will be interesting to see though, maybe I just can't picture it in my head yet.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I suspect he's more old school and referring to the original Renegade trim package for the CJ series of Jeeps and stating the new "Renegade" model that is being produced is an inferior knock off etc.

I suspect that you're correct. I just don't get why some people take the time to post and then don't bother to read what they wrote, just to make sure it sounds reasonably intelligent. I know I'm not perfect and this is a Jeep forum, but holy crap, I can't begin to piece together what that guy was trying to say.

Last edited:

luggw1

Sorry, I'm not impressed. It seems to be going the way of all the other models in regard to the frontal appearance. From previous posts touching on the technical specs it looks like they keep trying to cater to the city folks that want to drive one too. I've talked to a few and they seem to buy them, decide they ride too rough and are noisy and trade them in on a Lexus. Why can't they leave one vehicle alone for the hard core 4-Wheeler? It just confirms that I'll be driving my JKU Rubi for a long time to come.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Of course, I probably would have said this about the transition from the CJ to the Wrangler too...wait, I think I did...oh, never mind. :D
Bill Lugg

Jeepnoub

Well the model definitely lends itself to the hard glass half doors rumor. I could the the black around the windows as removable panels like the rest of the top.

Itr.#1446

I hope this isn't the model like said above looks like a renegade and Wrangler had a mishaps. There was a thread floating around of a guy who got a hood from a salvage yard in Detroit area and it was two inches longer then the jk hood. Looked the same but was just longer, was hoping that was going to be the 2018 style.

bthomas

My JK will stay around a looooooooooooong time! Not really a fan of the scale model, it looks like a cross between a Wrangler and a Renegade, with a little bit of Toyota FJ (not the old school cool one either) thrown in there. It's not completely awful, but it sure doesn't give we warm fuzzies all over!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Betrlyf

The wife says 'yuk, looks like a Renegade only bigger'. Have to agree, not a big fan but they do have a tendency to grow on us after a while. I guess time will tell.

Top Bottom