Truck-Lite Jeep JK Wrangler LED Headlight Installation Write-Up & Testing

trevor_jesus

Not to bring this back from the dead but I had this bookmarked for when I installed these on my new Rubicon and just want to add that I skipped the "electrical tape" fitting and used 1/2" foam tape. I put 5 - 1" strips along the outside where the light rests against the plastic housing and it was a snug enough fit that the light no longer rattled when I tightened the metal ring. Mine flicker with the DRLs on but that's a non-issue because I usually have my headlights on anyway.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Not to bring this back from the dead but I had this bookmarked for when I installed these on my new Rubicon and just want to add that I skipped the "electrical tape" fitting and used 1/2" foam tape. I put 5 - 1" strips along the outside where the light rests against the plastic housing and it was a snug enough fit that the light no longer rattled when I tightened the metal ring. Mine flicker with the DRLs on but that's a non-issue because I usually have my headlights on anyway.

Photos of the tape you used would be helpful. :yup:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Bumping this old thread since it is relevant to my install. I just installed my Gen II Trucklight headlights, and when I was boxing up the poem headlights I noticed they are able LH and RH. I didn't check when installing them, but are the Gen II Trucklight headlights LH and RH specific or does it not mater what side they go on? Thanks in advance. BTW these things are great. I like the smoked look. Goes well with the smoked round parking lights on the newer JK.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Bumping this old thread since it is relevant to my install. I just installed my Gen II Trucklight headlights, and when I was boxing up the poem headlights I noticed they are able LH and RH. I didn't check when installing them, but are the Gen II Trucklight headlights LH and RH specific or does it not mater what side they go on? Thanks in advance. BTW these things are great. I like the smoked look. Goes well with the smoked round parking lights on the newer JK.

Just installed some today and didn't even notice or think there is a right or left. Either way works.

Jackal01

Anyone else having issues with the green plug on the Jeep harness? I did the grease and zip tie fix to the TL harness but I noticed that the wires are a tad loose or something within the green Jeep plug. I pushed them down but moving the entire harness to secure causes the driver side to flicker. Not sure if I need to get a new plug or what. Thoughts?

Top Bottom