Truck-Lite Jeep JK Wrangler LED Headlight Installation Write-Up & Testing

Metal Junkie

What's the trick with a 2007? I installed them and had to take them out because they wouldn't stay on. It's more than just flickering.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Did you install the harness? Not the big extra harness they sell for $200 there is a small maybe 1 foot harness that goes from each light to the wiring from the jeep.

Metal Junkie

Yes, new style lights and I also called Truck-Lite to make sure. Yes, I have the extra pigtail.
Wondering if maybe because I didn't disconnect battery it didn't allow the computer to reset?

IMG_1102.JPG

Last edited:

GCM 2

Yes, new style lights and I also called Truck-Lite to make sure. Yes, I have the extra pigtail.
Wondering if maybe because I didn't disconnect battery it didn't allow the computer to reset?

View attachment 33886

You could be on to something here ^^^ I noticed from initial install that have always thrown a DTC for both headlamps, in both low and high beam I think. Anyway, I have never had the issue of the LEDs not working. The codes show up anytime I plug in my Superchips Flashpaq to clear ABS/ESP/BAS. Maybe try clearing all the DTCs and see if that fixes the problem.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You could be on to something here ^^^ I noticed from initial install that have always thrown a DTC for both headlamps, in both low and high beam I think. Anyway, I have never had the issue of the LEDs not working. The codes show up anytime I plug in my Superchips Flashpaq to clear ABS/ESP/BAS. Maybe try clearing all the DTCs and see if that fixes the problem.

Interesting. I too have noticed the DTC codes on my Flashpaq. I just assumed it was because the LED's have a lower draw and that causes the computer to think they are out. Clearing the codes and/or disconnecting the negative lead on the battery for 15 min may help here.

Metal Junkie

So I just tried to install the lights again and they the same thing.

1. Works fine with engine off.
2. When I start the vehicle the lights start to blink back and forth and after about 2 mins then they completely shut off.
3. The high beams seem to work after they completely shut off only when you pull back on the lever, but not when you push forward.

The manufacturing date of the Jeep is 10/2006. I was told by one of the guys in the office that there was a problem with the early ones but no one seems to know the answer.

Last edited:

TheDuff

u can wire them to a relay and use the factory wire as a trigger:thumb: of course if u think it may be the lights themselves I would test them right off the battery.

Red Dragon

I need some advice - I have bought truck-lite set and it comes without h4 to h13 wires. im trying to find it in local stores here in Russia - but failed. what proper words do I need to use to find this thing in e-bay?

2Jeeps_1Girl

^^^^^^
Beat me to the punch...

PS price is listed per light. Quadratec is the price for a "kit", meaning a pair of lights.

Top Bottom