Some People Suck

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
Put film on the windows........thieves might break the window but will have a hard time breaking in.......put a warning sticker on the window

PS: if your insurance is good they should cover the window.......

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Shitty feeling for sure. We have had our Mercedes and Land Rover broken in to before. It definitely leaves you feeling very vulnerable. We have been lucky with our Jeeps though. When we park, all of our valuables go in the safes under the seats and get locked up. We have literally had the doors and top off and left an 800 dollar camera in the back seat on accident in the bar/nightlife area and it was still there when we got back to the Jeep.
I would highly suggest the under seat safes, and the lockable cubby for the cargo area. Then, just make sure everything is locked up and out of view every time your away from the Jeep. Sucks to have to do that, but that's the world we live in now.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

naysjp

Caught the Bug
My JK is spotless. Not one paper in site, no trash, no water bottles. Clean interior. I knew I wasn't going to chase water bottles around a 4dr so I keep it clean. Had no valuables other than car charger in glovebox in the TJ but people are stupid and greedy and just destroy stuff. I always heard if you have a soft top to leave the doors unlocked (and nothing in the Jeep) so thieves can just open the door only to find nothing of value. Of course we seem to get the dumb thieves who cut the window only to find the door was unlocked.

brittcarrillo

Here's another question.. if I just decided to take the top off the Jeep for the summer, how do you guys secure your seats? Is there a way to theft proof them?

And for those of you that go topless for an extended period of time, do people mess with your Jeep? Anyone ever found a homeless person sleeping in their backseat? And will one summer without the top sun bleach my seats beyond recognition?

I don't know much about theft proofing the seats. And knock on wood im here in North Las Vegas and I go all summer maybe even longer without the doors and its hot and sunny here but I never had any problem with theft but then again I never leave anything of value in my car nothing that I don't mind being stolen I know that sounds crazy but its how I think I also leave everything unlocked (glove box) (center console) just so they don't break anything. and when it comes to the sun yes it does take away color but I have seat covers so it doesn't damage the seats and also they sell this cover thing on amazon if your really worried.

Patrick

Only problem with leaving the doors unlocked when you're using the soft top is that the insurance co pansy won't pay up :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tanktitan

A couple more thoughts:
IMG_2410.jpg

They make a lug nut lock that keys to your ignition. I got mine at 4WParts.

Also, I don't know how effective this is but I think it sends the right message:
IMG_2411.jpg

wanderer

that sucks

In 1977 I had a cj7 golden eagle jeep. you could NOT lock it. Lost a lot of tools from it. So I just finally got smart and never left anything in my jeep

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Here's another question.. if I just decided to take the top off the Jeep for the summer, how do you guys secure your seats? Is there a way to theft proof them?

And for those of you that go topless for an extended period of time, do people mess with your Jeep? Anyone ever found a homeless person sleeping in their backseat? And will one summer without the top sun bleach my seats beyond recognition?

I run topless and doorless or half doors a lot. Around here anyways, if they can't grab it and go quickly they typically won't spend the time to try to pry things open and such. I have lockable drawers under each front seat that any valuables go in. Everything else gets locked up in the rear cubby, center console or glove box. Eventually I'll be adding lockable drawers to the cargo area, when I no longer have the need to run the rear jump seat. Other than some tourists getting a little close and peeking inside or homeless taking a deliberate peek in likely looking for something easy to grab, it doesn't really get messed with. I'm sure that depends on your area though.

Hey guys. Sad day, but I've decided to sell the JEEP :( it's been broken into again and I'm starting to think it's being targeted in my neighborhood.

Here's the question, do you guys know any tricks to fixing up the hard top? I have some pin stripes on mine and was wondering if you know anything that will help get them out. Maybe some back to black type stuff? Any restoration ideas?

SSTM714

I'm very sorry to hear your getting targeted. Some people are shitty. And I'm very sorry you are having to sell the Jeep. That really sucks man.

Just to chime in on a couple points, Military and Firearm stickers / flags can attract thieves because Guns sell very well on the street. Some robbery crews specifically look for such stickers. By displaying them, You are NOT scaring them away, just the opposite. (They'll just take steps to make sure you're not around, then strike)

They WILL scout it out, so empty everything out of the vehicle (even empty bags, blankets, etc) and they may move on. If you cover something with a towel, they'll assume it's valuable.

Motion Lights and Cameras can help. Costco has an 8 camera set for $349 and the images are pretty good. Hopefully you can park close to home.

Dogs are a deterrent, but some crews will deal with it. Dogs are NOT a guarantee, even big scary ones.

If they want it bad enough... they'll take it. Theft Insurance is your only real option.

As noted, California crime is up significantly since Prop 47, 57 and AB109. But Jerry Brown saved the state money, so we have that going for us.

Some areas are getting hit harder than others. If you can swing it, moving can help a bunch. Many police departments will post crime rates. Or wave down an officer and ask for good recommendations on the city your thinking about... they'll usually tell you where to avoid.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using the WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
Put film on the windows........thieves might break the window but will have a hard time breaking in.......put a warning sticker on the window

PS: if your insurance is good they should cover the window.......

this actually makes it easier for thieves as it keep the glass together.

I have my windows tinted and when thieves broke the rear window they just lifted the window out held together with the tint film.

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
this actually makes it easier for thieves as it keep the glass together.

I have my windows tinted and when thieves broke the rear window they just lifted the window out held together with the tint film.

must of been a dedicated guy.....usually the deterrent makes the hit and run type just run......"usually":doh:

Marlin Mike

Baseball bats work wonders! Yeah I know we can't do that in the US. Bullshit, find em and beat the piss out of them. Pain is an excellent motivator.

Draconianwinter

This is why I am ado glad my jeep id's in a garage and with my brother, sister, and my nephew all living there as well there is never any time that someone is not home.

sent from your basement

I have a viper alarm on my van for the same reason it has a key fob that goes off when the alarm in the van goes off it was about $800 back in 2006 been the best investment I've ever made even if someone kicks the tire I got a notice and go out and see what's going on

Top Bottom