Some People Suck

Thanks guys. Yeah, it sucks looking at the Jeep now and wondering "what else could they steal?" I ended up taking my spare tire off yesterday until I can figure out a more secure way of locking it to the Jeep than the little cable bike lock I had on it before. How are you guys securing your spares?

Dude, that's crazy about the bumper being stolen and then finding it on another Jeep later! I'm really hoping it wasn't another Jeeper that did this to me, that would make it so much worse!

I live in Pomona, CA. I think the guys were just looking for cash or anything they could sell quickly or wouldn't be easily identifiable. They took my Beats headphones and I think that was it. I had my full tool kit behind my rear seat, a leather jacket, my CB radio, sleeping bag, ANOTHER tool kit, and my 50lb weight vest. They actually tried to steal the weight vest, and they should have because it was pricey. I thought they had gotten it until I looked 10 feet away from the Jeep and there it was laying on the ground. It was too heavy and they gave up [emoji23] I'm blown away that for the most part all of my stuff was still in the Jeep.

Now that I think about it though, I may have happened upon them in the middle of the break in and they freaked out and ran. I was headed to work at 5am when it was still pitch black outside...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Are these pretty unbeatable? I've had them on several of my cars but I never really could find out how well they actually work or if someone from a tire shop or something would know exactly how to get through them

Howellusmc

I would say for the normal thief walking around stealing things from people's vehicles this is a cost effective way to secure your wheels. Definitely not unbeatable but would slow someone down or make them not even try.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I think locking lug nuts do slow down thieves, however, there's even a tool to remove them. When we used to have customers come into the shop that had lost their lug key, we had a tool to take off their locking lug nuts.

Untitled.jpg

I think locking lug nuts do slow down thieves, however, there's even a tool to remove them. When we used to have customers come into the shop that had lost their lug key, we had a tool to take off their locking lug nuts.

View attachment 250561

This is what I was afraid of. But I agree with the idea of just slowing down the common thief is a step in the right direction. Maybe I'll get a locking lug AND my silly little cable lock [emoji106]

black pearl

Hooked
This is what I was afraid of. But I agree with the idea of just slowing down the common thief is a step in the right direction. Maybe I'll get a locking lug AND my silly little cable lock [emoji106]

I built a cougar for someone that was worried about his rims we put locking lugs all the way around to make sure it was a nightmare to take the rims a little pricey to buy 20 locks but it's what made him sleep better at night[emoji23]

I built a cougar for someone that was worried about his rims we put locking lugs all the way around to make sure it was a nightmare to take the rims a little pricey to buy 20 locks but it's what made him sleep better at night[emoji23]

That would probably cost more than my wheels!!! ;) haha. Not a bad idea though. Especially if you got different locks for each one. Haha

Here's another question.. if I just decided to take the top off the Jeep for the summer, how do you guys secure your seats? Is there a way to theft proof them?

And for those of you that go topless for an extended period of time, do people mess with your Jeep? Anyone ever found a homeless person sleeping in their backseat? And will one summer without the top sun bleach my seats beyond recognition?

MrEmmDubya

Sorry to hear that. Karma just doesnt happen quick enough to stop these ass clowns from doing this stuff. Just one time i would like to catch one of these pricks in the act....or maybe its good that i dont catch somebody because my temper would get me in lots of trouble.

black pearl

Hooked
Here's another question.. if I just decided to take the top off the Jeep for the summer, how do you guys secure your seats? Is there a way to theft proof them?

And for those of you that go topless for an extended period of time, do people mess with your Jeep? Anyone ever found a homeless person sleeping in their backseat? And will one summer without the top sun bleach my seats beyond recognition?

I run mine topless and doorless for most of the summer at that point I don't keep much in it unless I'm heading to the trail I haven't noticed any sun bleaching yet but sometimes I'll throw the doors on as a deterrent personality it's a risk I'll take at that point

I run mine topless and doorless for most of the summer at that point I don't keep much in it unless I'm heading to the trail I haven't noticed any sun bleaching yet but sometimes I'll throw the doors on as a deterrent personality it's a risk I'll take at that point

Oh yeah, I'm past that point. I've already emptied the Jeep and haven't locked my doors since the break in. Fricken over it. Haha. I'm gonna put stickers on my windows that say, "Don't break windows, doors are unlocked. Driver does not carry cash on board."

black pearl

Hooked
Oh yeah, I'm past that point. I've already emptied the Jeep and haven't locked my doors since the break in. Fricken over it. Haha. I'm gonna put stickers on my windows that say, "Don't break windows, doors are unlocked. Driver does not carry cash on board."

Could also look into something like this I put some of these up for someone that was having theft issues IMG_5411.jpg

gheller

Sorry to hear about this, some people do suck big time. Especially now with this Opioid epidemic, some addicts will break in for anything that might be worth a couple bucks.
I had the McGuard wheel locks but replaced them due to rust. I've heard they can be removed easily, with a tool or even with a 21mm 12 point socket
I replaced them with Rugged Ridge wheel lock that have a outer sleeve that rotates making them more difficult to remove by "standard" methods but of course I wouldn't bet they are completely fool proof but maybe more difficult at least.

I also just installed a 2 ch dash cam that has a Parking mode. It's useful to catch a hit and run while your parked and also someone vandalizing or breaking in.

I'd recommend it.

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

naysjp

Caught the Bug
People are selfish and stupid. My TJ got broken into years ago when I had it. The worst part was they sliced open the side window on the soft top to get in. THERE'S A FREAKING ZIPPER, RIGHT THERE! In your case, it probably is best to just replace the window. Sorry to hear this happened to you.

Sounds like you had a Darwin Award candidate for a thief like I did. Same thing happened to my TJ. Sucks it got broken into BUT at least it did not get stolen and you still have your Jeep.

J.H.

Leaving doors open doesn't work around here... cops give tickets for that...
Tempting the thieves they say LOL!

I got a ticket a few times for having the windows down a inch or so in the summer while parked.
- once in the shopping mall parking
- once in the train parking

Since then i gave up on the hardtop and drive with the soft top on in winter time.
I found the zippers open a few times :p but i have noting inside my jeep.

In summer i just take the widows off or go doorless... no more tickets from cops.

JH

Top Bottom