CrippledPetey Build Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you solve the air bag problem for the 2012+ people!

The trick is....I didn't :cheesy: actually I'm still working on it :yup: currently I have my seat belt still attached under my driver seat so that doesn't keep going off. I'm going to keep trying and as soon as I get it I'll make sure to post it up !

noroad

The trick is....I didn't :cheesy: actually I'm still working on it :yup: currently I have my seat belt still attached under my driver seat so that doesn't keep going off. I'm going to keep trying and as soon as I get it I'll make sure to post it up !

Cool let me know that is the only thing keeping me from trashing my 2012 seats!

So here are a few photos of what I've been up too!

New location for my Hi-Lift Jack
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409271709.495812.jpg

Carpet has been removed in preparation for Monstaliner bedliner
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409271759.035083.jpg

Rubicon Mastercraft Seats front and rear with seat heaters :yup:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409271807.266936.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409271836.148901.jpg

Rock Hard B-Pillar and Rear Deck Bars for harness
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409271909.014182.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409272127.244856.jpg

Strikeforce Zebra half doors that have been vinyl wrapped
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409271956.177931.jpg

Inside of front doors
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409272003.967014.jpg

Inside of rear doors
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409272024.283813.jpg

New 40" Nitto Trail Grapplers
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409272172.850486.jpg

I think that's all the new additions. The rest had been maintenance like replace most of my zerk fittings for low profile ones, check all U-joints for wear, replace all bushings, gear oil changed, etc.

I did have my head gasket fail which caused some major issues with coolant and oil mixing. The dealership tore down the heads and had the cylinders checked and replaced everything. All is good now and fully covered by warranty :thumb:

If you have any questions feel free to ask. Thanks for watching :yup:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Those doors look pretty good wrapped! Would you recommend them? Seems people either love them out hate them. I like that the handles are even.

Those doors look pretty good wrapped! Would you recommend them? Seems people either love them out hate them. I like that the handles are even.

It depends on what your goal for half doors are. They are great for what I wanted. They are an actual door unlike the Bestop tube doors with skins. They are similar to the rugged ridge doors but with WAY more storage. They are lighter than the rugged ridge doors as well but it's that big of a difference. I would recommend them if you're looking for a light useful half door that is similar to the factory half doors with the 4k price tag. The other reason I'm excited about them is that they are coming out with hard tops with sliding widows like the old TJ doors. After running a few half door soft tops I'm looking forward to them. I'm uncertain how the latches will hold up but I'm sure my kids will put them through the ringer over the next couple weeks :cheesy:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
It depends on what your goal for half doors are. They are great for what I wanted. They are an actual door unlike the Bestop tube doors with skins. They are similar to the rugged ridge doors but with WAY more storage. They are lighter than the rugged ridge doors as well but it's that big of a difference. I would recommend them if you're looking for a light useful half door that is similar to the factory half doors with the 4k price tag. The other reason I'm excited about them is that they are coming out with hard tops with sliding widows like the old TJ doors. After running a few half door soft tops I'm looking forward to them. I'm uncertain how the latches will hold up but I'm sure my kids will put them through the ringer over the next couple weeks :cheesy:

Yeah, factory half doors are little too much for me. They would be nice. But, really like these, RR or even savvy look decent. Thanks for the info

noroad

How are the seats now that you have tried them out a bit? do u find the fixed seat a pain or just right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom