What did Brown Santa show up with today..

Frydaddy

I got Some Black Molle Utility Pouches to replace those crappy, sagging mesh door pockets. The best part is, with a few strips of plastic, they're easily removable and modular to boot!

I'm thinking of adding a collapsible drop pouch to the center console for holding trash, junk, misc. as the need calls for it, then folded away when not needed.

Stock Photo. I got one that's about 7" X 9" and 3" thick.
A1ve5qO0v6L._SL1500_.jpg

dchew

Caught the Bug
They seem like they will be very nice. Everything Eddie says and more. You can tell right away the rubber has more silicone. Really feels different to the touch than the Nitto TG's.

This will be the week I hate my Hutchinson wheels! Did one today. I don't think I could last more than 2/day. Getting the old tires off is a treat.

Dave

JeepJeep75

They seem like they will be very nice. Everything Eddie says and more. You can tell right away the rubber has more silicone. Really feels different to the touch than the Nitto TG's.

This will be the week I hate my Hutchinson wheels! Did one today. I don't think I could last more than 2/day. Getting the old tires off is a treat.

Dave

You should do a disassembly video. I have seen a bunch of mounting vids, but not a single disassembly vid.

Sullivan

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464454321.152357.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464454334.518560.jpg
CC body mount tire carrier and matching rear fender armor. Rear armor is the fender delete ones. Off to powder and paint. Can't wait!!!

Exodus 4x4

You should do a disassembly video. I have seen a bunch of mounting vids, but not a single disassembly vid.

It's not bad. I did 4 of mine in one night. Trick is to get a pry bar in between the tire and ring and then squirt soapy water in there. Let it soak a little. I used simple green. Then put the pry bar back in and hit the tire with a dead blow. Just keep working your way around doing that. It helps to have someone with you to stand on the tire as you work your way around. The bigger the friend, the better.

dchew

Caught the Bug
It's not bad. I did 4 of mine in one night. Trick is to get a pry bar in between the tire and ring and then squirt soapy water in there. Let it soak a little. I used simple green. Then put the pry bar back in and hit the tire with a dead blow. Just keep working your way around doing that. It helps to have someone with you to stand on the tire as you work your way around. The bigger the friend, the better.

I struggled with the first one, but once you get a system down Granite_head is right; not so bad. I finished the other 4 this morning. You just have to have some trust and patience that it is working. Here is a video someone did on YouTube:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_UtnnoSiy_0

Mine were not as easy as that video. I suspect different tires have slightly different bead designs and diameters. I had to work around each tire 3 or 4 times removing Nitto TG's. Also the guy in the video must have 15" rims because he mentions using a bucket for the back side, but a std bucket isn't close to large enough in diameter.

Once the front is off I didn't bother pouring soap inside after the first two. The back side comes off much easier than the front. Just pour a bit in the bead.

I used a cheap 24" curved tire spoon from Tractor Supply. Worked fine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom