What do you think is the best JKU suspension/lift and why?

desertrunner

Depends on what RK kit you're referring to. I'm not a big fan of polyurethane bushings but, I do like the fact that some of the RK kits come more complete - more components. While I really like the fact that the control arms that are provided with the Enforcer kit uses johnny joints on both ends, I do wish they offered all 8 arms. I also like the EVO drag link flip/front track bar relocation kit but unfortunately, that is sold separately. Between the dual rate coils that RK offers or the Enforcer coils, I prefer the later as I typically find the prior to not stuff as well due to its design but of course, most of this is subjective to me.

i was referring to their 3.5" kits that were comparable to the enforcer 4". and thanks as always for the good info i was just curious what your opinion was and why :thumb:

rtguy1

I do wish they offered all 8 arms. I also like the EVO drag link flip/front track bar relocation kit but unfortunately, that is sold separately.

I agree with this big time. If that kit could be had with all 8 arms at a decent price it would be an excellent option, much more so than with only front lowers. Two door guys are stuck mixing and matching rear arms, and that can be a deal breaker for some. Including the flip kit would help, but at least it's available separate unlike the arms. On the plus side, if you really want all 8 arms the upgrade to evo long arms is a no brainier....lol

i guess i can put my :twocents: into this as well....;)

I personally like the EVO enforcer kit and have nothing bad to say about it. i was all set to buy that lift but the plush ride coils turned me off. I have always been a fan of progressive rate coil springs and do to my experiences i felt they would be more suitable to pack more weight in my JKU for long camping trips or traveling. I ended up purchasing the AEV Dualsport 3.5 RS kit which comes with the high steer and drag link flip, progressive rate coils f/r and bilstein 5160 shocks. I decided to pair the lift with Currie Anti Rock sway bars to eliminate quick discos ( i have a non rubi ) and help the rear flex a little more than the stock sway bar. also i am still running 32x12.50 tires because i had them before the lift and waiting till i need new tires to upgrade to 35" tires. I currently have stock uncut fender flares and have no plans to cut them(again). and with this setup i clear 35's no problem (have test fit already) and the kit recommends 35's. so now having spent a good portion of this summer so far on many different trails and gaining loads of experience in a jeep vs before in mud trucks, i have only ran into one complaint about my AEV lift which i have heard is common about the EVO Enforcer kit and that is control arms, i wish both kits would have their own matched set of 8 control arms to be sold with or as an add on for their kits.
i have only spoken to people about their EVO kits and never personally driven a JK with EVO parts so i wont begin to say bad things about them. My AEV kit handles the on road conditions like a factory setup with noticably better ride quality and off road driving is great! i do notice i dont get as much flex maybe as some other kits but that might be lack of experience with other lifts and i am actually getting good flex?? idk...? i have been told by more experienced jeepers that i have good articulation and besides flex my JKU handles the rest of the trail with no issues.

so in the end i would say for the price either the EVO Enforcer or the AEV would be the better options out there.
both are pretty complete kits and direct bolt on kits, i did my AEV lift in 1 day with very basic hand tools and a floor jack and x2 jack stands in my Apt parking lot space.

of course all of this is typed as my own opinion and would never put down another lift or someones choice of lift. :beer:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have always been a fan of progressive rate coil springs and do to my experiences i felt they would be more suitable to pack more weight in my JKU for long camping trips or traveling. I ended up purchasing the AEV Dualsport 3.5 RS kit which comes with the high steer and drag link flip, progressive rate coils f/r and bilstein 5160 shocks.

Dual rate coils will be able to support a greater load without sacrificing as much ride height but, they also come at the price of not being able to stuff as well as a single rate coil. Also, once loaded up, the amount of usable soft rate on the coil will not be very much and your ride will not be as good as it was. A single rate coil will sag when loaded up and that is a bummer and for me, I solved that with a set of coil spacers back when I was running plush ride coils.

I decided to pair the lift with Currie Anti Rock sway bars to eliminate quick discos ( i have a non rubi ) and help the rear flex a little more than the stock sway bar.

Being that you have a non-Rubi, installing a Currie Anti Rock will kind of give you the best of both worlds but, by design, it will not give you as much stability as a factory sway bar when doing fast tight maneuvers. Still, it's a good option worth considering. For the rear, you should know that the Anti Rock is actually a BIGGER sway bar and it WILL NOT give you more flex than the stock sway bar which is really thin and very soft. If anything, the Anti Rock will have a greater torsion rate to help give you more stability with your loaded up Jeep but, that can also lead to a lot more side to side rocking in the rear when on the trail.

i have only ran into one complaint about my AEV lift which i have heard is common about the EVO Enforcer kit and that is control arms, i wish both kits would have their own matched set of 8 control arms to be sold with or as an add on for their kits.

In all fairness, the AEV kit doesn't come with ANY control arms, just lowering brackets that effectively lower your control arm mounts about 2" closer to the rocks. The Enforcer kit at least comes with heavy duty adjustable front lower arms but, it would be nice if it also came with adjustable rear upper arms especially for the 2-door guys that will be needing a new rear drive shaft. Of course, the AEV kit doesn't come with anything to address this as well.

i have only spoken to people about their EVO kits and never personally driven a JK with EVO parts so i wont begin to say bad things about them. My AEV kit handles the on road conditions like a factory setup with noticably better ride quality and off road driving is great! i do notice i dont get as much flex maybe as some other kits but that might be lack of experience with other lifts and i am actually getting good flex?? idk...? i have been told by more experienced jeepers that i have good articulation and besides flex my JKU handles the rest of the trail with no issues.

The AEV kit does drive great on road but, so does the Rancho Sport kit which is designed similarly and for a lot less if you're just wanting to install drop brackets. The EVO Enforcer kit drives and handles just as well on road and if you ever get a chance to drive one, I think you'd be hard pressed to not agree. Off road, the AEV will not be able to flex as much as the Enforcer kit due to it's dual rate coils limiting stuff and shock lengths used.

so in the end i would say for the price either the EVO Enforcer or the AEV would be the better options out there. both are pretty complete kits and direct bolt on kits, i did my AEV lift in 1 day with very basic hand tools and a floor jack and x2 jack stands in my Apt parking lot space.

The AEV kit costs about $2200. The EVO Enforcer kit with drag link flip/track bar relocation and a set of Rancho 7000 MT or Bilstein 5100's is only about $1800. For the price and for what all you get, I personally think that the later is a better option.

of course all of this is typed as my own opinion and would never put down another lift or someones choice of lift. :beer:

Based on my experience installing, working on and personally testing out a lot of different lifts made by a lot of different companies, I would definitely take the time to explain why some components or features are better than another especially if it involved specific conditions. I realize that some people tend to take this personally and get offended by it like I am somehow putting them down but honestly, that is never my intention. Facts are facts and I can only share what I know.

Having said all that, if you're happy with what you've got, awesome! I'm sure the OP appreciates opinions from all :yup:

Spartan

Having said all that, if you're happy with what you've got, awesome! I'm sure the OP appreciates opinions from all :yup:

I do very much appreciate all the opinions and info that everyone have been posting.:beer:

It's even more appreciated when the post have facts or sound logic back up the persons opinions. Even if it's a set up I don't think I would like for my Jeep. It's still nice to learn about the other set ups out there.

Dual rate coils will be able to support a greater load without sacrificing as much ride height but, they also come at the price of not being able to stuff as well as a single rate coil. Also, once loaded up, the amount of usable soft rate on the coil will not be very much and your ride will not be as good as it was. A single rate coil will sag when loaded up and that is a bummer and for me, I solved that with a set of coil spacers back when I was running plush ride coils.

Being that you have a non-Rubi, installing a Currie Anti Rock will kind of give you the best of both worlds but, by design, it will not give you as much stability as a factory sway bar when doing fast tight maneuvers. Still, it's a good option worth considering. For the rear, you should know that the Anti Rock is actually a BIGGER sway bar and it WILL NOT give you more flex than the stock sway bar which is really thin and very soft. If anything, the Anti Rock will have a greater torsion rate to help give you more stability with your loaded up Jeep but, that can also lead to a lot more side to side rocking in the rear when on the trail.

In all fairness, the AEV kit doesn't come with ANY control arms, just lowering brackets that effectively lower your control arm mounts about 2" closer to the rocks. The Enforcer kit at least comes with heavy duty adjustable front lower arms but, it would be nice if it also came with adjustable rear upper arms especially for the 2-door guys that will be needing a new rear drive shaft. Of course, the AEV kit doesn't come with anything to address this as well.

The AEV kit does drive great on road but, so does the Rancho Sport kit which is designed similarly and for a lot less if you're just wanting to install drop brackets. The EVO Enforcer kit drives and handles just as well on road and if you ever get a chance to drive one, I think you'd be hard pressed to not agree. Off road, the AEV will not be able to flex as much as the Enforcer kit due to it's dual rate coils limiting stuff and shock lengths used.

The AEV kit costs about $2200. The EVO Enforcer kit with drag link flip/track bar relocation and a set of Rancho 7000 MT or Bilstein 5100's is only about $1800. For the price and for what all you get, I personally think that the later is a better option.

Based on my experience installing, working on and personally testing out a lot of different lifts made by a lot of different companies, I would definitely take the time to explain why some components or features are better than another especially if it involved specific conditions. I realize that some people tend to take this personally and get offended by it like I am somehow putting them down but honestly, that is never my intention. Facts are facts and I can only share what I know.

Well idk how or why but somehow you managed yet again to put down another lift and make EVO sound like the god of all lifts... That's the last time I post my experiences with my lift or anything you may respond to. We all know nothing is better than EVO and you make that perfectly clear but at least have some respect to not tear people's posts apart just to prove a point that we should all :bowdown: to EVO. In no way was I talking down about EVO products but this right here is part of the reason I would not run there products. If everyone else wants to conform to your EVO ways so be it but I was different and went with the AEV kit and this is how you treat it, by talking down to MY experiences and trying to share with someone else what helped in my choice of buying a lift and what the lift would be used for besides "rock crawling", because remember before you rock crawl (unless your jeep is a trailer queen) you must drive to the trail and drive home, sometimes with a lot of gear so sacrificing a little flex might be worth it and not having to install coil spacers because your lift cannot hold up your jeep bumper or camping gear is a little ridiculous in my opinion. Do me a favor, lay off the EVO is god routine and let people have their own thoughts and share their thoughts about what they might have (if not EVO of course) without having to expect you to rip their post apart and make them look like they have no clue what they are talking about!! I couldn't even say these were my own opinions in my last post without you tearing that apart. Once again though just for you :bowdown:
And for the sake of not needing another argument on your forum ease don't respond to this post, just take it for what it is and move on, unless you really feel the need to respond then it will be what it will be.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Well idk how or why but somehow you managed yet again to put down another lift and make EVO sound like the god of all lifts... That's the last time I post my experiences with my lift or anything you may respond to. We all know nothing is better than EVO and you make that perfectly clear but at least have some respect to not tear people's posts apart just to prove a point that we should all :bowdown: to EVO. In no way was I talking down about EVO products but this right here is part of the reason I would not run there products. If everyone else wants to conform to your EVO ways so be it but I was different and went with the AEV kit and this is how you treat it, by talking down to MY experiences and trying to share with someone else what helped in my choice of buying a lift and what the lift would be used for besides "rock crawling", because remember before you rock crawl (unless your jeep is a trailer queen) you must drive to the trail and drive home, sometimes with a lot of gear so sacrificing a little flex might be worth it and not having to install coil spacers because your lift cannot hold up your jeep bumper or camping gear is a little ridiculous in my opinion. Do me a favor, lay off the EVO is god routine and let people have their own thoughts and share their thoughts about what they might have (if not EVO of course) without having to expect you to rip their post apart and make them look like they have no clue what they are talking about!! I couldn't even say these were my own opinions in my last post without you tearing that apart. Once again though just for you :bowdown:
And for the sake of not needing another argument on your forum ease don't respond to this post, just take it for what it is and move on, unless you really feel the need to respond then it will be what it will be.

Your a tool! He was stating his opinions about that same lift. He didn't put you down at all. Grow a set of nuts and don't take stuff so personal.

And it's real mature for you to talk shit and then say "don't respond just take it for what it is."

Your a tool! He was stating his opinions about that same lift. He didn't put you down at all. Grow a set of nuts and don't take stuff so personal.

And it's real mature for you to talk shit and then say "don't respond just take it for what it is."

This wasn't directed to you but once again you have proven a lot of people right that Eddie cannot post anything without you following up with an ass kissing response. You call me a tool but I just stated before that I don't conform to what everyone else is doing unlike yourself!! And btw it was mature to not want to continue an argument and walk away!!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
This wasn't directed to you but once again you have proven a lot of people right that Eddie cannot post anything without you following up with an ass kissing response. You call me a tool but I just stated before that I don't conform to what everyone else is doing unlike yourself!! And btw it was mature to not want to continue an argument and walk away!!

no one said you had to conform to anything. everyone has there own opionion on what works and doesnt. the man was just giving his. you got some temper issues bro

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Actually I respond to everyone that talks shit. I like to get people like yourself fired up over little things. It's pretty comical to me. Doesn't matter who posts I will follow up when people act like you did. The funny thing is you are still getting worked up. :cheesy:

And how do I conform? I'm not running an EVO lift on my rig. In fact I'm running two EVO products (bumpers) because I like the minimalistic look it has. I don't like all the fancy crap which is why I bought a base model.

So good luck with your AEV drop brackets. :thumb:

dirtlimo

Pretty sure that if you served this country in war time, you already have a "set of nuts"
Go ahead....flame me:naw:

no one said you had to conform to anything. everyone has there own opionion on what works and doesnt. the man was just giving his. you got some temper issues bro

Temper issues? I'm not mad. I just don't like how my post was torn apart and made out like I can't have my own thoughts or opinions about a lift unless its an EVO product. Why do you need to get involved anyway? This isn't your beef so leave it be please

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Temper issues? I'm not mad. I just don't like how my post was torn apart and made out like I can't have my own thoughts or opinions about a lift unless its an EVO product. Why do you need to get involved anyway? This isn't your beef so leave it be please

look i appreacte you serving our country and what you have done BUT you need to learn how to read stuff posted on the INTERNET. not everything you read is someone bashing you for what you said. the man was trying to be helpful and informative. as he says in ALL of his posts, you can take what he says or leave it, no need to go on a wild rampage back at him.

i get involved cause this is an open forum so i can. didnt know it was limited to just certain people and there opinions.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
look i appreacte you serving our country and what you have done BUT you need to learn how to read stuff posted on the INTERNET. not everything you read is someone bashing you for what you said. the man was trying to be helpful and informative. as he says in ALL of his posts, you can take what he says or leave it, no need to go on a wild rampage back at him.

i get involved cause this is an open forum so i can. didnt know it was limited to just certain people and there opinions.

Your just a wayoflife fan boy. :crazyeyes:

:cheesy:

Top Bottom