What do you think is the best JKU suspension/lift and why?

J-Dub253WA

This all boils down to a guy who is mad he can't afford the best gear. Not all of us can but don't be mad at the owner of the forum for putting his opinion out there. Seems rediculous. Quit worrying so much about others and get your life together.

Sent from J-Dub253WA's iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, this go out of hand. Spartan, I hope you will beleive me when I say that this forum hardly ever has these kinds of arguments and durring the year and a halfthat i have been here I have never seen anyone get fired up like that.

LOL!! Oh please, there were no arguments on this thread, just me sharing what I know and backing it up with real experience and a couple of guys who were pissed off because they don't have a clue as to what they are talking about. There is a difference.

Really? I've seen a few already.

It's been my experience that when everyone always agrees with each other, someone isn't doing the thinking. I personally feel that misinformed and really bad opinions should be put in check as this is the internet and, misinformation and really bad opinions have a way of becoming truth and fact in a real hurry. But, that's just me.

GCM 2

Every time this thread pops back up with new posts added to it......I cringe. But like a good train wreck or NASCAR race, I have to check it out :icon_crazy:

GCM 2

Is this going to be the new overland thread? :cheesy:

That thread actually has become a classic, 99% of the contributors feeding it with comedy, then that 1%'er comes along in all seriousness to educate the masses......as though we have not been able to see the light until their one post. It's awesome, somebody needs to reel someone in again and bump that thread to the top.

Paisano

I feel it's time I chimed in here. In case you don't know me I'm the self proclaimed E. F. Hutton of this Forum. Now to answer the original question, what do you think is the best JKU suspension lift and why? It is my opinion that AEV is the best. Why? Because they are the best! Enough said!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

GCM 2

I feel it's time I chimed in here. In case you don't know me I'm the self proclaimed E. F. Hutton of this Forum. Now to answer the original question, what do you think is the best JKU suspension lift and why? It is my opinion that AEV is the best. Why? Because they are the best! Enough said!

......and there you go! Lock the thread down Eddie, no further replies needed :cheesy:

bl17z90

You heard the man!!

Sharkey

Word Ninja

In that case, please send me your Coilovers and control arms. You won't need either with your sweet new progressive coils and drop brackets. ;)

Paisano

In that case, please send me your Coilovers and control arms. You won't need either with your sweet new progressive coils and drop brackets. ;)

Sure thing... First accept this gift as part of my appreciation for taking them off my hands.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1374011619.065526.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Yes it did. Time to get back on track.

This weekend I had the opportunity to spend about nine hours behind the wheel of a JKUR with the Enforcer kit, 2.5 King's, and 37" Nittos. About 2 hours or so of the time was on the freeway, the rest was on trails. With the exception of one or two spots, the trails were not necessarily difficult, but there was a lot of large rocks so I definitely put the shocks and springs through plenty of cycles. This may not be saying much, but I am confident that the setup could handle more than I would be comfortable throwing at it. I had my wife and three kids (ages 6-11) with me. None of them complained about the ride being too bumpy. I had all of the flex I needed for the difficult section(s), and I still drove home comfortably at 75-80 mph. I know I've said it before, but it's a great all around setup if you don't have the budget to go with coilovers.

Spartan

Yes it did. Time to get back on track.

This weekend I had the opportunity to spend about nine hours behind the wheel of a JKUR with the Enforcer kit, 2.5 King's, and 37" Nittos. About 2 hours or so of the time was on the freeway, the rest was on trails. With the exception of one or two spots, the trails were not necessarily difficult, but there was a lot of large rocks so I definitely put the shocks and springs through plenty of cycles. This may not be saying much, but I am confident that the setup could handle more than I would be comfortable throwing at it. I had my wife and three kids (ages 6-11) with me. None of them complained about the ride being too bumpy. I had all of the flex I needed for the difficult section(s), and I still drove home comfortably at 75-80 mph. I know I've said it before, but it's a great all around setup if you don't have the budget to go with coilovers.

That is great info! My 3 kids are ages 6-10, and my wife and kids come out on the trail with me a lot.

Would you take your family on the Rubicon with that set up?
Do you think the 37's would have been better with a long arm?
Do you think it 37's where just right, or would 35's have been better?

Top Bottom