16 Sahara jku build

xman4602

Working on getting everything finished up today. Wow! What a pain in the ass the Rock Krawler arms are to get adjusted and torqued tight enough!
Made an appt with a local shop to get my wheels and tires put together so I'm just gonna drive it over when it's all set to go and have them throw it on the rack and double check everything. And torque those jam nuts for me. I do not have a good set up for that. Definitely need a vice! Or a lift!

“Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”

xman4602

At the tire shop now! IMG_4773.jpg

“Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”

xman4602

Tires on! A few more tweeks and it'll be ready to roll! 50405184968__805B0AFB-C943-417A-AADA-1ABE40BFCBE7.jpg IMG_4776.jpg

xman4602

I need an ultra cheap solution to mounting my spare up on stock carrier. No loot for better options at the moment.

WJCO

Meme King
I need an ultra cheap solution to mounting my spare up on stock carrier. No loot for better options at the moment.

Do the hardware store pipe thing that Mr.Ty and USMC Wrangler did. I think they've both had positive experiences with a 35 on the OEM carrier with that mod.

xman4602

Well momentarily finished. It's dialed in. Tightened up and aligned and on the road. Did a cheap $40 spacer just to keep the spare on for now.

IMG_4788.jpg IMG_4789.jpg IMG_4790.jpg IMG_4791.jpg

xman4602

I went all poison spyder stuff on my jk but thinking about other options for jku. Ps stuff is too heavy for a dd. Don't wanna spend the dough on aluminum stuff. Any suggestions?

Kaylinator

I thought the 16 Sahara would have a 3.73 ratio?

Anyway, also curious how they are. Is it a manual or automatic?

It looks great so far!
I believe only the rear has 3.73 if you get the tow package. At least that's the case with my '14

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

xman4602

I don't see a re-gear in your thread. How is the 3.21 with 35s?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

My 2 door has 3.21's. I have never had an issue but that one is manual.

xxJWPxx

How do you like to RK shocks? I really wanted them when I got my RK lift but ended up getting Bilstein's to start with the thought of upgrading to the RK's later down the line.

xman4602

How do you like to RK shocks? I really wanted them when I got my RK lift but ended up getting Bilstein's to start with the thought of upgrading to the RK's later down the line.

It rides like a lifted jeep with 35's. It's not at all a bad ride, don't get me wrong. In fact I expected worse. So it is better than my 2 door. My two door is running 3.5" teraflex lift with bilsteins. But I wheeled that jeep pretty hard. It's a wanderer. Lol.
The RK shocks seem pretty robust to me. They look good. It hasn't been wheeled yet. It's my wife's mall crawler. The ride is naturally a bit more rigid than stock but hey it's a jeep. It looks good! Lol. I have to assume it will do well off road when it gets there.

Top Bottom