2012 Sport... 18K miles... P0306...

Tim

Verdict is... compression test failed... needs a new head :doh: I was hoping I missed the window on this one. It looked like most head replacements were happening around 10K. I guess mileage doesn't matter.

Evilidea

When I got my 2012 COD a few weeks ago the dealer assured me I had the AC/AD cylinder heads. I hope this is in fact true. Has anyone heard of this issue happening with those heads installed?

tkkim

Verdict is... compression test failed... needs a new head :doh: I was hoping I missed the window on this one. It looked like most head replacements were happening around 10K. I guess mileage doesn't matter.

I got p0306 code. When my 12 jku was around 18k or 19k. (Sorry can't remember exactly..)

And dealer changed two cylinder head.

6and 4? I think.. Cuz they think number 4 head will be bad soon..

And i was pretty surprised how they changed
There behavior..

Cuz i went to dealer ship
Before i got the engine light.. I felt like uncomfortable to drive my car with potential engine problem.. But they acted like they don't know anything about that problem which is the most common and big issue of jeep..

Anyway, but after i've been dealer ship with engine light.. They took care so fast.. So i don't complain.. Haha

markatfox

I'm at 23k..

I hope I missed it also, I bought mine in May 2012 so I am hopeful..

rdreng

When I got my 2012 COD a few weeks ago the dealer assured me I had the AC/AD cylinder heads. I hope this is in fact true. Has anyone heard of this issue happening with those heads installed?

The AC head on the drivers side and AD head on the passengers side did not appear on the scene until mid-to-late August, 2012. By this time they were producing 2013 models (the first couple of months of the 2013 model year build had an interim AB head on the drivers side). It's possible your 2012 model JK had the heads replaced under warranty beyond the mid-August 2012 time frame, in which case you would have the updated head. I any event, you have a 5 yr / 100K mile warranty on the powertrain, so you should be covered for a long time.

StrizzyChris

No clue. But Chrysler admitted the problem and said they redesigned in November or December of 2012 so my March 2013 build should have the latest version. Hopefully the new design is fail proof and mine was a fluke :fingerscrossed:

gtony12

Caught the Bug

I had mine replaced around 22,000.0

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Time for Truth!

My 2012 JKUR, build date 6/5/2012, 24K mi., threw the correct code and goes in for a new head in a week or so when a replacement arrives. They're still running a little behind. Jeep said only about 1/2 of 1% of the Pentastar engines have this problem and haven't really said WTF is wrong. At least not that I can find. Searching this forum indicated several members, including our leader/owner, who have experienced this issue. So OK, what is the dealeo here, warped heads, valves, guides...? Inquiring minds want to know.:thinking:

Top Bottom