2014 metal cloak 3.5 lifted rubicon tilted towards passenger side after off roading

Jkandfreedom

So, how much "actual" lift did your coils give you? In theory, 3" extensions should have been adequate being that you were supposed to only have 1/2" more of lift but, if you ended up getting over 4" as MOST lift kits do, you very well could have over compressed your coils. Certainly, that would explain why you only noticed the significant sag AFTER you went wheeling.

I really don't know how much lift I actually got out of my 3.5" lift kit, I didnt measure the suspension prior installing the lift kit.

From what Will is telling at metal cloak, they are running 2" bump stops on their metal cloak jeep and have no problems. I don't know if that is BS or not.

My jeep is now 1/2" lower on the passenger side, it's not visually noticeable now so I'm going to live with it.

I measured my brothers jeep and it's the same height and same 1/2" tilt to the passenger side.

My plan is to go EVO setup just like your rig with a LS V8 and pro rock 80.

I'm done messing around!!!!

I have a question to ask you and I'm new to this forum thing, how do I send you a private email? With the exception of NSA of course!

Wardell

I really don't know how much lift I actually got out of my 3.5" lift kit, I didnt measure the suspension prior installing the lift kit.

Here's a pic that shows where to measure. Take the difference between what you measure and the stock dimensions listed, and you will know how much lift you have actually gained:

ForumRunner_20120614_075657.jpg

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I have a question to ask you and I'm new to this forum thing, how do I send you a private email? With the exception of NSA of course!

Click on his name, and click on "send private message"

I was debating between the MC game changer as I do not think I will ever NEED the DTD/EvoLever... but perhaps I should just shut up and keep saving my $$$$$... if I went with the MC, I would always have coilover envy anyway...

Jkandfreedom

Click on his name, and click on "send private message"

I was debating between the MC game changer as I do not think I will ever NEED the DTD/EvoLever... but perhaps I should just shut up and keep saving my $$$$$... if I went with the MC, I would always have coilover envy anyway...

Thanks for the tip on private messaging.

Don't get me wrong MC is a real good product, I very happy with the product and unlike other mainstream brands it's made in the USA.
Having said that, I to have coil over envy along with long arm, LS V8, EVO lever, and pro rock 80 envy.
Looks like I have to spend another $35k- $40k to satisfy my needs

Don't get me wrong MC is a real good product, I very happy with the product and unlike other mainstream brands it's made in the USA.
Having said that, I to have coil over envy along with long arm, LS V8, EVO lever, and pro rock 80 envy.
Looks like I have to spend another $35k- $40k to satisfy my needs

All of that is certainly worthy of envy... But honestly, my coil sprung JKs have handled everything I've asked of them. Also, as much as I like coil-overs and all of their adjustment capabilities, I will admit that I do not know enough about the set-up and tuning of them so there is some intimidation on my part.

There are things I do not like about some of the MC parts, and others I do. For the most part I have been happy with my coils. I’m sorry your experience has been different.

Jkandfreedom

All of that is certainly worthy of envy... But honestly, my coil sprung JKs have handled everything I've asked of them. Also, as much as I like coil-overs and all of their adjustment capabilities, I will admit that I do not know enough about the set-up and tuning of them so there is some intimidation on my part.

There are things I do not like about some of the MC parts, and others I do. For the most part I have been happy with my coils. I’m sorry your experience has been different.

Thanks for the kind words.

I have not been off roading all that much with my MC suspension, the last time I went was my 4th time ,but I'm greatful that I am able to have a nice jeep with a moderate components to go off-roading with. Additionally, I am greatful to have the resources to be involved in the jeep world and to be able to chat with all you wonderful people on the "wayalife" fourm.

Jeepers are some of the nicest people I've ever met! It would be a perfect world if Chrysler was as nice as the jeepers!

Chrysler is the main reason behind my decision to go LS V8 and pro rock 80, I want to remove the Chrysler parts out of my jeep as much as I can!
Have a Merry Christmas.

Top Bottom