2015 JEEP RUBICON, COILOVERS,60's'40's ect

jeeper52

LOSER
Why are you selling? That's a lot of work you put in to it.

Had my son just a few weeks back, have some pretty steep medical bills I'd like to shed. I don't absolutely have to sell it but it would make life more comfortable if I did.

Kaylinator

So you were told almost a year and a half ago that $80K was too much, and you somehow think that with the passing of time it IS worth that much now? That's some interesting economics there.

🇨🇦

JeepJeep75

I'm trying to wrap my head around building up an awesome jeep like this then selling it. I understand why you need to free up some money, I get that. What I don't get is the thought process during the build. You buy the jeep, spend just as much modifying it, and then don't use it. Was there ever a point where you thought maybe you were going too far on the build and getting your money back out wouldn't be possible? This process of building up a crazy jeep, or buggy, or boat, or motorcycle to crazy proportions then selling it immediately fascinates me because I don't understand it. Good luck with your sale.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Just rough figures
Jeep $45k new, $10k double throwdown,$11k axles, wheels/tires$5k,long arm$2k,psc,bumpers,winch,armor,skids,drive shafts,lights,ect'ect and then a easy $10k laybor. Adds up quick.

I might be right there at what your asking, but not much more. My Jeep new was way less, which helps. I paid $36k. Labor was much less than $10k.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

benatc1

Hooked
the problem is people need cash to spend that much, no bank will finance that much above msrp regardless of what you think it should sell for. don't get me wrong, it sounds like a great jeep but even if you bought it for 45k, put in 55k like you say, it's used so the value of the jeep has gone down to mid 30s and you can only expect 50% back on your mods so your looking at a 60-65k jeep unfortunately based on what you say you have into it and even at that someone will need about 30k cash to throw at it. I totally understand the value you see in it already being done and I went through this with my 2 door. you always lose money selling modified jeeps, unless that right person comes along I guess

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeper52

LOSER
$100K with ultimate Dana 60's? Maybe $80K with prorock 80s front and rear. No one that knows how to google and use a calculator will buy that jeep for 100.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm not going to get in a pissing match with everyone but I know what it cost to build a jeep like mine. I just added it up and I'm at $43k for parts alone. Jeep was $45k laybor or to install everything is a minimal of 50hrs probably more at $125 an hour. Plus all the color matched paint.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'm not going to get in a pissing match with everyone but I know what it cost to build a jeep like mine. I just added it up and I'm at $43k for parts alone. Jeep was $45k laybor or to install everything is a minimal of 50hrs probably more at $125 an hour. Plus all the color matched paint.

Lol you installed it yourself.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
dude don't take this the wrong way but I don't think most are arguing with you about how much you put into it, but more what the realistic resale value is. I'm sure most people here would love to have you jeep but maybe change a few things that fit there needs/wants but the realistic price in the resale market is alot harsher than you want it to be, and trust me I went through it with my 2 door, it sucked!

SDG

Caught the Bug
Cost and worth are two different things though.

The labor to install those parts is worth $0, ask and insurance company... they will cover accessories... but not labor.

Although like new, its used... jeep is used, parts are used. Parts tend to be maybe 50-60% of what they were new... and your vehicle has depreciated.

Yes if you canfind someone with the gotta have it and fist full of cash you could get 100k, you wont, but you could. Your probably more in 65k range though in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G900P using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
dude don't take this the wrong way but I don't think most are arguing with you about how much you put into it, but more what the realistic resale value is. I'm sure most people here would love to have you jeep but maybe change a few things that fit there needs/wants but the realistic price in the resale market is alot harsher than you want it to be, and trust me I went through it with my 2 door, it sucked!

Exactly ^^^^. No one I know here is arguing how much money you've thrown into your Jeep, trust me, I've got 2 of them and with more goodies than yours. All we're just trying to do is put some perspective on things. If you're really in need of selling this Jeep, I can tell you now that it isn't gonna happen at that price.

benatc1

Hooked
I should say I truly hope that some poor sap will come along with 100k and buy your jeep because then you win!! plus he gets a built jeep like he wants and doesn't realize he over paid, so I suppose if your in no rush keep waiting and appeal to the right crowd and you might get lucky!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Exactly ^^^^. No one I know here is arguing how much money you've thrown into your Jeep, trust me, I've got 2 of them and with more goodies than yours. All we're just trying to do is put some perspective on things. If you're really in need of selling this Jeep, I can tell you now that it isn't gonna happen at that price.

Bragger!:cheesy:

I would agree that you are asking too much. Although, I did just see a Rubicon Hard Rock built just like yours, but with a Hemi conversion. The dealership had a $250k price tag on it! :thinking: I think you could get $70k tops if someone really loved everything you put on the Jeep. Posting pics would probably help you sell it.

JeepJeep75

I would agree that you are asking too much. Although, I did just see a Rubicon Hard Rock built just like yours, but with a Hemi conversion. The dealership had a $250k price tag on it! :thinking: I think you could get $70k tops if someone really loved everything you put on the Jeep. Posting pics would probably help you sell it.

Could you imagine the depreciation drop on that bad boy!! [emoji33] You'd lose 180k the minute you drove it off the lot!!!!!!! [emoji43]

Basscat

The problem anyone faces with the sale of a jeep like this is your pool of potential buyers is limited to:

1) someone who actually appreciates and wants a jeep built to that level.
2) someone who has roughly the same taste and agrees with your selection in components
3) someone who actually has the cash to buy it as financing is not an option.
4) someone who's willing to pay Pro Rock / V8 type money when yours doesn't have either.

These factors make the potential pool of buyers extremely small. It's not impossible to sell it for that. It's just kind of a needle in a hay stack chance. No doubt you paid what you did to build it. That's really why folks who opt to do these "all out" builds usually hang on to the jeep for good. They know they're never getting anywhere close to what they paid. I know. I'm there and will keep that thing till I die!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom