2015 WAYALIFE Newbie Run / Camping Trip : March 7-8

Trail JK

Really want to do this trip but I'm having my air compressor/wench serviced and I'm not sure I'll have it back in time. Please put us down as a maybe for now.

Think I would still qualify, but I'm going to let my wife (Amy - Mrs. JAGS) get behind the wheel on this one and have some fun. She's only driven a few times on dirt, but pretty sure be she'll show me up on this trip. :yup::thumb:

Hey dude! If there's still space I' ll see you there!

K.D.C.H

Eddie - Is there a recommended hotel to stay at Friday night?

Also to everyone else, if your coming from the northers California area let me know, it would be great for us all to meet up somewhere and all drive down together. My plan is to head down Friday and stay at a hotel and grab some dinner, head to the trail head in the morning, camp out that night and head home the next day.

Let me know

JK LYF

Eddie - Is there a recommended hotel to stay at Friday night?

Also to everyone else, if your coming from the northers California area let me know, it would be great for us all to meet up somewhere and all drive down together. My plan is to head down Friday and stay at a hotel and grab some dinner, head to the trail head in the morning, camp out that night and head home the next day.

Let me know

I think I'm gonna try to do the same. Let me know if you find a hotel for Friday night? I'll look today as well.

K.D.C.H

Good. I'll look as soon as I can get to a computer. Let me know if you find something.

I'm looking at the Motel 6 Mojave right on the corner of 58 and 14. There's a gas station, supermarket and a few places to eat all within walking distance of it. Let me know you thoughts.

I'll wait to book until I hear from Eddie if this is the area we should be staying in or not

Jeephooligan

Looks like there's a bunch of hotels in the town of Mojave

View attachment 127323

Mojave isn't the greatest place to stay:icon_crazy:. (I grew up there) The whole town is kinda one giant truck stop. I'd look at getting a hotel in Tehachapi if your coming from the north . It will add about 20 minutes to the drive time in the morning but room are A LOT nicer and food options are way better.

sitruc

Mojave isn't the greatest place to stay:icon_crazy:. (I grew up there) The whole town is kinda one giant truck stop. I'd look at getting a hotel in Tehachapi if your coming from the north . It will add about 20 minutes to the drive time in the morning but room are A LOT nicer and food options are way better.

Or look in Ridgecrest, it's about 20 minutes from the Trail Head.

Best hotel in Mojave is the Mariah Country inn right next door to the CHP office.

Primo Burger is decent junk food for cheap. Stockens Doughnuts behind the shell gas station makes damn good breakfast sandwiches.

If you stay at the motel 6 or best western. Get the 2nd floor incase someone decides to drive their car into the bottom floor. Again...

K.D.C.H

Okay, so from the trail head it looks as though the distances to the nearest towns with hotels are as follow's

California City - 25 minutes / 21 miles

Mojave - 25 minutes / 27 miles

Ridgecrest - 33 minutes / 30 miles

Tehachapi - 40 minutes / 42 miles

Tehachapi seems to be the nicest option with plenty of hotels and restaurants and it's the first town on the list coming from up north

Mojave is a lot closer but like Jeephooligan said, it seems to just be a truck stop town

Ridgecrest is north of the trail head but driving down from up north we'd have to go through Tehachapi and Mojave, almost pass by the trail head and then go past it about 30 minutes

California City seems nice and close but not a whole lot out there

To me, Tehachapi seems to be the better option here for the Jeepers coming from the north but please feel free to post up your thoughts. It would be great to get us all at the same hotel Friday night (if you're planning on staying at one) and maybe all go out and grab some dinner. In the morning we could all head out together to the trail head

doojer

Having been to all of those places many times, Tehachapi is the only one that has a slightly normal hotel/restaurant scene with Ridgecrest not far behind. I'd be scared to spend the night in Mojave haha... but Primo Burger does have a damn good breakfast sammy. :thumb:

Really, you couldn't pay me to stay in a hotel anywhere near Red Rock Canyon when there's so much free camping right there. Pitch a tent on some BLM land, enjoy a campfire and wake up 30 mins before the run ready to roll! Repeat for 2 or 3 nights! :rock:

JK LYF

Best hotel in Mojave is the Mariah Country inn right next door to the CHP office.

Primo Burger is decent junk food for cheap. Stockens Doughnuts behind the shell gas station makes damn good breakfast sandwiches.

If you stay at the motel 6 or best western. Get the 2nd floor incase someone decides to drive their car into the bottom floor. Again...

Good call....I called them and they have availability for Friday night. Rooms are about 80 bucks a night......Think Im gonna go that route if anyone is interested......And yes, they are next door to CHP office.....Maybe we can request Chippies to keep an our on our rigs!

JK LYF

Okay, so from the trail head it looks as though the distances to the nearest towns with hotels are as follow's

California City - 25 minutes / 21 miles

Mojave - 25 minutes / 27 miles

Ridgecrest - 33 minutes / 30 miles

Tehachapi - 40 minutes / 42 miles

Tehachapi seems to be the nicest option with plenty of hotels and restaurants and it's the first town on the list coming from up north

Mojave is a lot closer but like Jeephooligan said, it seems to just be a truck stop town

Ridgecrest is north of the trail head but driving down from up north we'd have to go through Tehachapi and Mojave, almost pass by the trail head and then go past it about 30 minutes

California City seems nice and close but not a whole lot out there

To me, Tehachapi seems to be the better option here for the Jeepers coming from the north but please feel free to post up your thoughts. It would be great to get us all at the same hotel Friday night (if you're planning on staying at one) and maybe all go out and grab some dinner. In the morning we could all head out together to the trail head

The Mariah Country inn doesnt look too bad.....

Top Bottom