2016 WAYALIFE Rockin Rubicon Run Photo Highlights

John82601

Thanks for sharing, love the pictures and hearing the story that goes with them. Getting a picture of my YJ on the Rubicon Bridge is VERY high on my bucket list.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great pics and story!!
Had a great time with everyone!

It was great to have you out there with us! Your new Rugged Ridge half doors look kickass too. BTW, did you ever get that rock or whatever out of the bead on your now spare tire?

Looks like a blast! love the Rubicon hope to go back soon [emoji482]

Definitely need to get you back out there.

Awesome photos! Looks you you all had an excellent Rubicon trip! :)

It's a shame you had to miss this trip.

Blows doors on any wheelin trip I've ever had. Good friends,good trail,good booze and a solid game of Frisbee :) Thanks again to Eddie and Cindy,Doug,Tony and Stephanie but also everyone else who made this trip so much fun. Can't wait to catch up with you wild SOBs soon!

LOL!! It was awesome that you could join us for this run and I'm counting on you being able to join us for runs like this in the future!

Awesome! Such a great group of friends! Also glad to see everyone got off the trail in one piece

We really need to get you out here with us for one of these.

The caretakers where awesome, they told us to take all the wood we wanted for a fire. We must have just missed you guys lol

Were we even there at the same time?

What an awesome trip!! It has always been a bucket list one for me, but to do it with such awesome people is what really made it one to remember. To all my new friends, thank you.:beer: I look forward to running many more trails together down the road. Thanks Eddie and Cindy for the great time. I will dig through and post some pictures from my phone later tonight.

It was great that you were willing to make the drive and were able to join us for this trip. I do hope you will be able to join us on future trips.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
cav♤fighter;737429 said:
Man what a blast this trip was! I was soooo concerned that I was going to hold the group up due to both mine and my rides capabilities but with awesome spotters like Eddie, Cindy, Riley, and Steph, I only needed two lil tugs from Moby. Sorry to all the fisherman for sucking all the fish out of the pond lol. Thank you to everyone for making this such a memorable and fun experience. For those that were not on this trip, I have to give a special thanks to the WAL crew for singing happy bday to my boy. Im quite sure that turning 14 with the WAL crew, on the Rubicon Trail, will be a story he will be telling for a long long time. What an honor and privledge to be affiliated with this forum and group of people. Thanks again for the memories

So cool of you to bring out your son for this run especially being that it was his birthday. As far as your Jeep goes, I told you you'd be okay - well, maybe except for the one time I said you were killing it just before you got high centered and oh, maybe that water was a bit deeper than expected too - LOL. Glad you had a great time and look forward to getting you out with us again soon.

Great photos, and great driving on 35's with no lift. Just goes to show that picking the right lines and using the right amount of pedal can make you or break you, no matter what you ride on.

AND I should note, NO lockers! As Stephan will tell you, it takes a lot of work but picking good lines, having a good spotter and good throttle control can take you a long way.

Sure hope you can join us on the Rubicon someday and sooner than later.

This trip was the most fun I've ever had wheeling the Jeep. A huge thank you to Eddie and Cindy for everthing. it was so great to meet all the people on the trip and make new friends, truly an experience I will never forget! I'll get some more pics up as well.

So glad that you and Alex were able to join us for this run. It's a shame you didn't have your EVO sliders for the trip but you did great without them. Hope you'll join us for more runs like this.

Wow great pictures. Hopefully we can make it out to one of your runs in the future, it really looks like fun.

I'm sorry we couldn't make it work out so that you and your wife could join us for the run. I hope you'll be able to make it out in the future.

Thanks again to Eddie and Cindy for putting this together. This was an awesome trip and so much more than expected. The quick fix on the trail would not have been possible with out Aspenkid and everyone who completed the fix. I could barely lend a hand on my own repair. Tools were flying and everyone came together to have me up and running in no time. Who would have thought a trail break would have lent to and upgrade..haha. Couldn't have asked for a better group and lasting friendships formed. Until the next one..:). Also Lisa now has a profile on here and I'm going to ask her to post up the pics she has.

It was great to have you and Lisa join us for this run and yeah, who would have thought. Looking forward to the next time we can hook up.

Looks like a great time. We hope to make it out there someday.

That would be great if you could join us. Be nice to get something out there with us other than a JK!

Great photos! Looks like an epic adventure. Bummed I couldn't make it, but looking forward to next year.

Missed you on this one and I do hope you'll be able to join us the next time.

Nice! The morning you left was in the 30s how was the daytime temperatures?

It was only in the 30's up in Tahoe. In fact, it got down to 32 by the time we got to Meyers but at the trailhead, it was already in the upper 50's and almost 80 by the afternoon.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here are a few shots from the trip.
What a great trip! The first of many to come on that trail I hope. Thanks again everyone for a fun time. To my Wayalife family, Cheers!!!

Awesome pics Steve! Thank you so much for adding them to this thread :thumb:

Awesome pictures! Wish we were there. So glad everyone had a great time! [emoji482]

Such a bummer that you and Ray couldn't join us for this run. I so hope you'll be able to make future ones with us.

Yup, truly another great Rubicon adventure. Thanks to Eddie and Cindy for all the hard work to put this run together and for bringing together a few old friends and for many new friends made on this trip. Way too many high points and memories to list them all. Look forward to the next adventure already!

I wasn't able to snap too many pics while driving, but here's the few that I do have.

Jesse, Lisa, Doug, Steve and Riley. To them bitches. Lol.

It was awesome that you could make this run even though Amy couldn't join in on the fun. Thanks for posting up the pics and clearly, it was the Pinot Gris. I mean, who gets pissed about it being loud in a bar? LOL

Thanks for sharing Eddie! Crazy to me that an almost stock jeep can navigate that trail pretty easy now.

In all fairness, you could always run a stock Jeep through the Rubicon - it is how Jeep declares their vehicles to be "trail rated". It just takes a lot more effort, you have to be willing to bang up the underside of your Jeep, risk breaks and/or damage, understand that you may need a strap or two and bypass all the hardest stuff.

Looks like a lot of fun. Hopefully I can run it sometime soon.

That would be awesome if you could join us.

Fantastic pictures everyone! It looks like it was an awesome trip! :thumb:

Thanks! With any luck, we'll be able to get you out there with us in the near future.

mo0s3

It was great to have you out there with us! Your new Rugged Ridge half doors look kickass too. BTW, did you ever get that rock or whatever out of the bead on your now spare tire?

Definitely need to get you back out there.

It's a shame you had to miss this trip.

LOL!! It was awesome that you could join us for this run and I'm counting on you being able to join us for runs like this in the future!

We really need to get you out here with us for one of these.

Were we even there at the same time?

It was great that you were willing to make the drive and were able to join us for this trip. I do hope you will be able to join us on future trips.

Seems so, we were there from the 12-17 I could have miss read your times .
Great shots, looks like you had a blast

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
I had the most amazing time, for many personal reasons, but for the biggest reason of being able to drive the Rubicon Trail with only 1-2 months of off-roading experience. It was really a credit to the planning that Eddie and Cindy conducted prior to the run as well as the hard work from the people at Off Road Evolution. I cannot say enough thanks to Eddie and Cindy for their invitation to the run and how smoothly things went, even with a trail breakdown. I watched Eddie and Tony jump right in and get the trail break resolved within an hour!!

Prior to getting ready for some big rocks I started at the trail head with a small one, just to get warmed up:

IMG_4855.jpg

After that first obstacle, I felt a lot more confidence and so we headed out, with Eddie getting everyone in order based on several factors. Again, Eddie and Cindy were the boss when it came to organization:

IMG_4856.jpg

From there the trails got a lot more difficult and that in a hurry! Here is my friend KICKROX getting over a tall obstacle:

IMG_4860.jpg

When we got to Buck Island Lake, I was able to get a poser shot with RubySky. I am just so proud of her for taking such good care of me on this trail:

IMG_4862.jpg

Here is my humble campsite for the next two nights. I packed light and I got a lot of joshing for this. This all a throwback to my backpacking and search and rescue days:

IMG_4864.jpg

For me, it is not what you wheel but who you wheel with, and I could not pick a better bunch of people spending time with. Everybody was just amazing to be around:

IMG_4870.jpg

Believe it or not, this was the most difficult obstacle. It does not look like much, as most 4x4 obstacles do not on camera, but this one kicked my butt. Being very new, this one showed how much inexperience I have. Luckily I had Eddie spotting for me. I could not ask for better spotters in the whole world between him and the others in the group:

IMG_4882.jpg

And here is Jessie, experiencing the very same fun I just had on that obstacle on Cadillac Hill:

IMG_4884.jpg

You know guys, a lot of what Eddie and Cindy do are just not recognized enough. I felt so confident and safe knowing that they were there, having prior knowledge and experience of the trail. It was just pain surreal to be on the other side of that lens, to see the camera pop up while we were doing some "repairs" at camp to Cav_Fighter's and KICKROX's Jeeps. I felt so happy knowing that they would keep us on schedule.

So many times Eddie and Cindy get blamed for when things go wrong, which is craziness. I want to make it clear that they deserve so much praise here, for making a dream of mine a reality and inviting me to such a once in a lifetime trip. I look forward to more adventures with them.

I recommend everyone get out there and enjoy the great outdoors with your Jeep, learn from the amazing brain trust here on this forum, contribute to the forum with your knowledge, eat your vegetables, clean your room, and maybe, just maybe, you will be invited to one of these amazing runs. If a total newb like me can make it through the trail, so can you.

WJCO

Meme King
Here is my humble campsite for the next two nights. I packed light and I got a lot of joshing for this. This all a throwback to my backpacking and search and rescue days:

I'm a backpacker by nature. I roll the same way, lol. Very cool new avatar pic too. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great pics and trip report Neil, thanks for posting them up! Regarding how much you packed, I think people were razzing you for not so much because you packed light but because if you had the tools, fluids, spare parts and recovery gear you really should have for a trip like this, you could have packed a Kleenex and your Jeep would still have been a LOT more loaded up. As far as the obstacle in question goes, you're new to all this and there's no shame in the fact that you had a hard time on it. Time behind the wheel will give you the kind of experience that money simply can't buy. :cool:

uberc4

Looks like an awesome trip. Thank you'd sharing! Hope to get out and run the Rubicon with y'all next time. :thumb:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Looks like SO much fun! the little sluice is looking a little :yawn37: these days though. Regardless, I still have this trail on my bucket list for sure! :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, BTW - a BIG THANKS needs to go out to Steve for giving us this awesome gift!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468856049.832827.jpg

Never heard or seen this before - it is way cool [emoji106]🏻

ryles

Had an amazing time out there with everyone involved! Thanks again for the invite and the great memories! Here are a few photos I got ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468865034.599158.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468865068.451579.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468865096.371691.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468865132.821183.jpg

benatc1

Hooked
Here a some pics that I have.. 20160711_091338.jpg 20160711_091935.jpg 20160711_111716.jpg 20160713_101745.jpg 20160713_101654.jpg 20160712_193917.jpg 20160711_173202.jpg 20160713_114720.jpg 20160711_172440.jpg 20160711_165440.jpg 20160711_140900.jpg 20160711_133309.jpg 20160711_124937.jpg

Attachments

• 20160711_134129.jpg
    20160711_134129.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 124
  • 20160711_134129.jpg
    20160711_134129.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 124

Strainger

Caught the Bug
What a great trip! The group really looks like it meshed well. Or is that Mushed well? Anyway, any outing with Eddie and Cindy is one that will be memorable just for their company and super attitudes. When I see runs headed by them, I know that everyone involved will have a great time and carnage will be at a minimum. Terrific pictures from all that went. Makes me feel like I was there with you.

JAGS

Hooked
What a great trip! The group really looks like it meshed well. Or is that Mushed well? Anyway, any outing with Eddie and Cindy is one that will be memorable just for their company and super attitudes. When I see runs headed by them, I know that everyone involved will have a great time and carnage will be at a minimum. Terrific pictures from all that went. Makes me feel like I was there with you.

We sure did miss you and Susan out there. Hope to catch you soon.

Andy5160

Hooked
Another great trip for you guys! Great pictures
What was the advance notice for this trip? Really want to go next time just have to cross the country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Great pics and trip report Neil, thanks for posting them up! Regarding how much you packed, I think people were razzing you for not so much because you packed light but because if you had the tools, fluids, spare parts and recovery gear you really should have for a trip like this, you could have packed a Kleenex and your Jeep would still have been a LOT more loaded up. As far as the obstacle in question goes, you're new to all this and there's no shame in the fact that you had a hard time on it. Time behind the wheel will give you the kind of experience that money simply can't buy. :cool:

Wait second, I DID pack kleenex, what are you talking about!?!?! :bleh:

My driving display was ultra shameful, but that is the duty of being a newb, a responsibility I take seriously... just kidding. Thank you for the kind words. Yes, I continue to build and grow my trail kit and I agree, it just takes time behind the wheel and underneath the rig to gain experience.

You know everyone, I must share about how organized Eddie was. While he was conducting trail repairs to Jesse's Jeep, I was able to see his tools in action. WOW. Eddie had everything in cloth or suede bags organized in such a way that would give him exactly the tools he needs depending on which job was at hand. I had never seen that before and was super impressed.

Top Bottom