2018 NHL Playoffs

RedPool

Props to Crosby for his comments about the beer throwing and taking it all in stride

"Those things were full. What a waste. Guess they have to be full to throw them that far."

Ddays

Hooked
Hats off to the Caps. No disputing it - they deserved to win the series. Good luck against Tampa.
LOL, is anyone more relieved than Trotz?!?

Nespoli1

I am not a Caps fan but I would like to see Ovechkin get a ring. One of the hardest working players. However the Golden Nights making it this far is awesome. Best game on earth. I love playoff hockey.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
I am not a Caps fan but I would like to see Ovechkin get a ring. One of the hardest working players. However the Golden Nights making it this far is awesome. Best game on earth. I love playoff hockey.

Haha true! Tampa is a looking good not sure anyone could beat them!

Caps and pens was a great series thou!

There isn't a fan in Pittsburgh that isn't pulling for Fleury and the Knights now!

RedPool

I find it hilarious the hard-on everyone has for this kid.

For me, the issue is not with his abilities. It lies with the simple fact that, in my area, every time you see a report about the pens, it is nothing but what he did or did not do. They blow so much smoke up his ass that it is sickening. What about Hornqvist? Malkin? Kessle.. well, maybe not him, but the rest of the team. It is sort of like talking to anybody about the Patriots. Yes, Brady is good, but it takes a whole team to win games. And sadly, I think it will go down the same road with Filip Foresberg. He is a good player but they are going to force people to hate him.

Ddays

Hooked
For me, the issue is not with his abilities. It lies with the simple fact that, in my area, every time you see a report about the pens, it is nothing but what he did or did not do. They blow so much smoke up his ass that it is sickening. What about Hornqvist? Malkin? Kessle.. well, maybe not him, but the rest of the team. It is sort of like talking to anybody about the Patriots. Yes, Brady is good, but it takes a whole team to win games. And sadly, I think it will go down the same road with Filip Foresberg. He is a good player but they are going to force people to hate him.

That parallel you drew between Brady and the Pats is exactly the same with the Pens and Crosby. The stories about Brady being the best teammate you could ask for and the charity work done that no one really knows about is perhaps doubled in Crosby's case. And like it or not, he is the probably the biggest face of the league for now. I'm certainly not trying to change anyone's opinion regarding him, and he certainly dug himself a hole his first year or so with all of the bitching to the officials, but after he grew into his current role I don't see how anyone can criticize his play or actions anymore than anyone else. :idontknow:
The guy is a solid dude and he always keeps his nose clean. :twocents:

RedPool

That parallel you drew between Brady and the Pats is exactly the same with the Pens and Crosby. The stories about Brady being the best teammate you could ask for and the charity work done that no one really knows about is perhaps doubled in Crosby's case. And like it or not, he is the probably the biggest face of the league for now. I'm certainly not trying to change anyone's opinion regarding him, and he certainly dug himself a hole his first year or so with all of the bitching to the officials, but after he grew into his current role I don't see how anyone can criticize his play or actions anymore than anyone else. :idontknow:
The guy is a solid dude and he always keeps his nose clean. :twocents:

Personally, I think he has a lot of talent. I will never dispute that. I even used to watch Pens games every possible chance. I just wish they would stop the 10 minute reports about Sid having a bad day, not scoring a point and give me more of the rookie who had 3 points or player X was injured and may be out a week or 3. Every sport has it's hate target and he seems to be it for now. Maybe next week it will be Miley Cyr... err.. Brad Marchand and his tongue.

Brute

Hooked
For those lucky bastards (apparently 13 of them) that took the the Golden Knights to win the Stanley Cup at the beginning of the season at 500-1 odds, I applaud you...and there were many that placed bets at 100-1 or better...I'm now rooting for Las Vegas!

Top Bottom